The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oiseaux
I'm doing OCR and same! We can do this :redface:.

we will survive!!:dumbells:
Original post by Mesosleepy
Miles et al - blind man had a circadian rhythm of 24.9 hrs. He had to use stimulants and sedatives to adjust his sleep waking cycle to the standard 24 hours, showing that light is the main EZ in regulating our sleep/wake cycle as the absence of light led his rhythm to be 24.9hrs rather than 24hrs.

Siffre - 179 days in a cave with no natural light . Sleep/wake cycle extended to between 25-30 hrs, body temperature out of synch, showing that our body can still regulate biorhythms without EZ but these become out of synch with the 24 hr. Therefore, light is the main EZ in regulating our sleeping pattern

You're a star!
Original post by A-LJLB
You're a star!

NP
Original post by l0nelynight
yeah i'm predicted an a* in history and film, both exams on the friday and i've not started either so don't worry, i'm just as much a mess currently, i may start history tomorrow considering i know nothing!

I also have English lit which I haven't started for... I don't know what's wrong with me this year, I need A*AA and yet I have no motivation! I need to learn psychology and history and English and everything baisically lol
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
I also have English lit which I haven't started for... I don't know what's wrong with me this year, I need A*AA and yet I have no motivation! I need to learn psychology and history and English and everything baisically lol

Don't worry! I have psychology and biology and I haven't really gotten very far in terms of revision, you'll be fine!
Original post by DeadEnd_96
For last year's PSYA3 paper you needed 51/72 to get an A*. Does that mean that if you get 51/72, you will get 90 UMS?

Yes, but this will probably change slightly this year.

don't worry i'm so unmotivated it's worrying and haven't learnt much of anything, we'll do it though, we have time!!
Original post by A-LJLB
Don't worry! I have psychology and biology and I haven't really gotten very far in terms of revision, you'll be fine!

I sure to god hope so, I need to work all essay everyday for the next 2 weeks baisically,
Original post by l0nelynight
don't worry i'm so unmotivated it's worrying and haven't learnt much of anything, we'll do it though, we have time!!

A week is plenty of time to learn all my essays, out of interest which era and exam board are you doing for history? In doing edexcel and Charles from 1629-1667
I sure to god hope so, I need to work all essay everyday for the next 2 weeks baisically,

You have a week! It's not over until you're sat in the exam! I have all the essays and the entirety of biology to learn in a week
A week is plenty of time to learn all my essays, out of interest which era and exam board are you doing for history? In doing edexcel and Charles from 1629-1667

aqa and Germany 1945-91, there's so much to know omg
Guys i need some evaluation for Ducks reasons for breakdown/ theory

so far i have
1. Gender differences
2. Toshiro study on couples learning after break ups
3. Beckhaur study on couples having affairs
4. Ethics
5. CCET program used on people with communiaction problems in relationships

need atleast 2 more i reckon any ideas?
I'm doing eating behaviour, relationships and perception and then research methods, schizophrenia and addiction. Any predictions for what will come up in each of these? Thanks! :-)
Original post by SunDun111
Guys i need some evaluation for Ducks reasons for breakdown/ theory

so far i have
1. Gender differences
2. Toshiro study on couples learning after break ups
3. Beckhaur study on couples having affairs
4. Ethics
5. CCET program used on people with communiaction problems in relationships

need atleast 2 more i reckon any ideas?

If you were referring to the 6 stage Duck model then I have evaluations for that
Original post by Mesosleepy
If you were referring to the 6 stage Duck model then I have evaluations for that

Yep.
Original post by SunDun111
Yep.

Akert - shows that the role people play in a breakup determines how successful stage 6 is, highlighting the holistic nature of the model for focusing on the processes of each stage, suggesting that each stage have ultimately different consequences depending on the situation.

Culture bias - assumes all relationships in follow the same processes. In some cultures, official breakups are not allowed, even though a relationship may "breakdown" within a marriage.

Heterosexual bias - Facots such as sexuality are not taken into account meaning that their relationships won't go the same way.
Original post by evekay
Here's a list of mine..

Circadian rhythms
Infradian rhythms
Ultradian rhythms
Role of Endogenous Pacemakers
Role of Exogenous Zeitgebers (these so could come up as one essay but I've got both just in case)
Lifespan changes in sleep
Explanations for sleep walking
Explanations for insomnia

I have a couple more but I'm not learning those as they're not likely to come up.. if you want me to upload the document with the essays i've written then let me know but i'm not sure how good they are! I'm just learning them now lol. Hope this helps!:smile:

I've done an essay that combines both endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers. Could they come up as two separate essays? If they could how likely is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1197
hi,
currently stressing over my History A2 and Psychology A2 exams,
wondering if anyone has some tips on how to manage both,
as well as how people are preparing for the psychology exams? I feel overwhelmed with info, so feeling like I should just learn the predicted essays?
Any Help? Cheers!
Original post by ljf123
hi,
currently stressing over my History A2 and Psychology A2 exams,
wondering if anyone has some tips on how to manage both,
as well as how people are preparing for the psychology exams? I feel overwhelmed with info, so feeling like I should just learn the predicted essays?
Any Help? Cheers!
I would suggest not learning (in detail, know enough to just about get you through) the ones predicted not to come up. For example, the ones from 2015. As anything else may come up.

What are you basing these predictions on? And what topics do you do?
Reply 1199
Original post by TMC113
I would suggest not learning (in detail, know enough to just about get you through) the ones predicted not to come up. For example, the ones from 2015. As anything else may come up.

What are you basing these predictions on? And what topics do you do?

I do,
-Sz -Relationships -Aggression -Cog' Development and Media

Latest

Trending

Trending