Gcse maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hamza772000
Yes, and further!:smile:

Well done! You have come along way from a D//E:u:
Original post by Rajive
Well done! You have come along way from a D//E:u:
Thanks, just shows that you can have whatever you wan't, determination and motivation are the only things you require, ignore what others say.:smile:
We shall wait and see.:h:
Reply 23
Things like Histograms and Cumulative frequency and polygons. Not all of them but some sort of graph because the non calc paper was shockingly lacking in that area!
Reply 25
Hi, I found this file yesterday, it has the predicted topics in it, for both foundation and higher.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NHL46meQP_cHUzQVBUQm9TdXM/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!!!!
Original post by SaraBZ
Thank you!!!!
Glad it helped.:smile:
Reply 27
I have a question.
f(x)=sinx f(x)=\sin x , where x x is measured in degrees.
(a) Sketch the following curves:
(i) y=f(x/2),(0x180) y=f(x/2), (0\leq x\leq 180) ;
(i) y=f(2x),(0x450) y=f(2x), (0 \leq x \leq 450) ;
(i) y=f(x+90),(0x360) y=f(x+90) , (0\leq x \leq 360) .
(b) Hence find a single geometrical transformation that maps the curve of y=f(x) y=f(x) onto the curve y=cosx y=\cos x .
Original post by Ano123
I have a question.
f(x)=sinx f(x)=\sin x , where x x is measured in degrees.
(a) Sketch the following curves:
(i) y=f(x/2),(0x180) y=f(x/2), (0\leq x\leq 180) ;
(i) y=f(2x),(0x450) y=f(2x), (0 \leq x \leq 450) ;
(i) y=f(x+90),(0x360) y=f(x+90) , (0\leq x \leq 360) .
(b) Hence find a single geometrical transformation that maps the curve of y=f(x) y=f(x) onto the curve y=cosx y=\cos x .
For the first one I believe you would have to stretch the graph by a scale factor of two, in other words multiply the x coordinates by 2 and plot them.

2. You would have to do the opposite so divide the x coordinates by 2 and plot them.

3. You are going to have to shift the graph 90 degrees to the left, so just move every point 90 degrees backwards.

For the last one I need to have a look at the diagram, as they can differ.

Hope that helps.:smile:
Reply 29
For the first one I believe you would have to stretch the graph by a scale factor of two, in other words multiply the x coordinates by 2 and plot them.

2. You would have to do the opposite so divide the x coordinates by 2 and plot them.

3. You are going to have to shift the graph 90 degrees to the left, so just move every point 90 degrees backwards.

For the last one I need to have a look at the diagram, as they can differ.

Hope that helps.:smile:

Would you be able to sketch them and see if you can do part b.
Original post by Ano123
Would you be able to sketch them and see if you can do part b.
maybe, if you could tell me what paper they're in.:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
maybe, if you could tell me what paper they're in.:smile:

Iv'e got sketches of the curves using a graphing calculator, so you can try part b.
qwertyuio.png
Original post by Ano123
Iv'e got sketches of the curves using a graphing calculator, so you can try part b.
qwertyuio.png
Right, so if you were talking about mapping the red graph on to the blue one, I'd say y=f(x+90), because they both seem to be the same height and width, the only difference is that the red one seems to be 90 degrees ahead of the blue one.

If you look at the point where the y coordinates for both graphs=-1, then you would see that the x coordinates for the blue one=180 degrees and x coordinates for the red one= 270 degrees. 270-180=90, therefore they are 90 degrees apart and the red one is 90 degrees ahead.

Hope that makes sense.:smile:
Reply 33
Right, so if you were talking about mapping the red graph on to the blue one, I'd say y=f(x+90), because they both seem to be the same height and width, the only difference is that the red one seems to be 90 degrees ahead of the blue one.

If you look at the point where the y coordinates for both graphs=-1, then you would see that the x coordinates for the blue one=180 degrees and x coordinates for the red one= 270 degrees. 270-180=90, therefore they are 90 degrees apart and the red one is 90 degrees ahead.

Hope that makes sense.:smile:

You seem to be a very bright mathematician. Aiming for A* i presume? Taking maths/FM A-level?
Reply 34
qqqqqerrschgth.png
Can anyone tackle this?
Original post by Ano123
You seem to be a very bright mathematician. Aiming for A* i presume? Taking maths/FM A-level?
Thanks, and yes I am taking Maths and FM, but I have a question. Did you post that question because you needed help or was that just a question you posted for people to try out? Just curious and a bit confused.:tongue:
Original post by Ano123
qqqqqerrschgth.png
Can anyone tackle this?
Is it 46 degrees?
Reply 37
Thanks, and yes I am taking Maths and FM, but I have a question. Did you post that question because you needed help or was that just a question you posted for people to try out? Just curious and a bit confused.:tongue:

I post questions for people to try out. And yes it is 46 degrees.
What do you plan on doing after sixth form/college?
Original post by Ano123
I post questions for people to try out. And yes it is 46 degrees.
What do you plan on doing after sixth form/college?
Ahh. I would love to get a degree in Engineering. Thanks a lot for the questions.:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Ahh. I would love to get a degree in Engineering. Thanks a lot for the questions.:smile:

I wish you well in your exams. I may have to post some questions just for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending