The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ohgeez
A whole bunch of libtards rush overthemselves to virtue signal that they are not racist and proclaim that IQ tests are meaningless and biased and unfair and racist etc etc etc

IQ tests are not meaningless. The problem is that if you are trying to say that IQ is a genetic product of race then very first thing you need to do is define the races themselves.

But I always, sit back, invite people to give such a definition. Mainly because their fumbling attempts to define race point out just how subjective such definitions are. In close to a decade of debating race with racists.

I have yet to see any one of them, no matter what their scientific credentials, offer up an acceptably neutral definition of race.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gr8wizard10
black and in banking

/debunked

The irony, it one sentence you have successfully highlighted the problem the banker is alluding to. Taking an individual example and using it to generalize based on bias, poor reasoning skills are endemic in certain communities.
Original post by xylas
Without the genes part, that's exactly my point. If you're lucky you will. But how do you know you will be lucky?

Life is based on luck thats the truth of it many people will like to claim that they've got where they have from what they've done but it simply isn't true(they will claim that they worked hard and weren't lazy but even these factors are controlled by Genetics and Environment).I do believe that there is a lot of determinism in the Universe due to Genetic and Environmental factors.Its one of the reasons why Communism makes sense as its only fair everyone gets the same since how successful you are is due virtually entirely to luck.
Original post by physicsphysics91
No idea, going to cambridge next year so not looked.

To work as a janitor like Matt Damon?
Original post by HanSoloLuck
The irony, it one sentence you have successfully highlighted the problem the banker is alluding to. Taking an individual example and using it to generalize based on bias, poor reasoning skills are endemic in certain communities.

lol wtf?

are you seriously trying to make out that certain groups of people have poor reasoning skills because of generalizing? And no other race does this?

Not to mention he didn't generalize, he just said that he is a counter example to the "there are no blacks in banking".
my opinion is if you can sell and sell well you get the job regardless of anything else (maybe criminal history)
Original post by TrueDetective01
Shouldn't this serve as motivation for blacks to prove this banker otherwise? As usual, people on here are getting emotional for no reason

And if it weren't possible to create that sort of change within black communities because of racial traits ?

What you are talking about has not been achieved anywhere in the world, and it has been tried. Most higher class management positions are filled with people with a similar IQ. The reality is that jobs like investment bankers/ the banking sector, is simply shut off to everything but the 99th percentile of blacks, as shown below.

110-112 Professional and technical

103-104 Managers, clerical, sales

100-102 Skilled workers

92-94 Semiskilled workers

87-89 Unskilled workers

sw3jig.jpg
And if it weren't possible to create that sort of change within black communities because of racial traits ?

What you are talking about has not been achieved anywhere in the world, and it has been tried. Most higher class management positions are filled with people with a similar IQ. The reality is that jobs like investment bankers/ the banking sector, is simply shut off to everything but the 99th percentile of blacks, as shown below.

110-112 Professional and technical

103-104 Managers, clerical, sales

100-102 Skilled workers

92-94 Semiskilled workers

87-89 Unskilled workers

sw3jig.jpg

That graph shows something else than what you think.

Not to mention the flaws of IQ tests have been highlighted multiple times in this thread.

Just admit it, you are racist. You see some sort of "evidence" and now spread racist messages by hiding behind so-called "facts".
In all honesty If I had any position of power and was hiring someone who came to the interview and said Ay man wassup I am looking for a job I would turn him away immediately regardless of race. same with the people who say Axe instead of ask.
Speak properly or get out.
Tell that banker to suck his mother with finesse 🙌🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inhuman
That graph shows something else than what you think.

Not to mention the flaws of IQ tests have been highlighted multiple times in this thread.

Just admit it, you are racist. You see some sort of "evidence" and now spread racist messages by hiding behind so-called "facts".

Yeah, I use 'evidence' and 'facts'. So what ?

Repeating them doesn't make me a racist, ignoring them because of bias would. Can you take a serious look at what you are saying, it's laughable.

Repeating them doesn't make me a racist, ignoring them because of bias would. Can you take a serious look at what you are saying, it's laughable.

The graph is BS. It's not controlled for socioeconomic status, nor is it controlled for education level, nor is it controlled for all manor of factors which skew data. Lazy analytics is what I call it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is no correlation between race and intelligence.

Performance on IQ tests can still be affected by socioeconomic factors like quality of education, type of household, income, family, whether your parents are involved in your education or not, the area you live in and all kinds of other stuff.
There's no point of trying to have these types of rational debates on this type of platform because you've pitted yourself up against online experts that seemingly know everything about societal trends to history stretching all the way back to knowing psychological behaviour.

Obviously intellect has no correlation with your race. There is no heed for an argument here as no matter how right you are their ignorance will overshadow what you say😴

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Nicolas Cage makes people drown in pools.

The facts speak for themselves. Just look at that graph. That is so messed up and still almost perfect overlap. It's as if Cage goes on a killing spree after every film.
Original post by Jebedee
"There is no firm reason to anticipate that the intellectual capacities of peoples geographically separated in their evolution should prove to have evolved identically. Our wanting to reserve equal powers of reason as some universal heritage of humanity will not be enough to make it so." - James Watson

Sorry, but I respect the opinion of a Nobel prize winning scientist who discovered the double helix more than you, sociologists or politicians.

And quote by James Watson in response to this:
1) "I cannot understand how I could have said what I am quoted as having said." 2) "If I said what I was quoted as saying, then I can only admit that I am bewildered by it." 3) "To those who have drawn the inference from my words that Africa, as a continent, is somehow genetically inferior, I can only apologize unreservedly. That is not what I meant." 4) "There is no scientific basis for such a belief."

Can you name some of your own accomplishments which prove that you are genetically superior? People like you never can.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
And quote by James Watson in response to this:

Can you name some of your own accomplishments which prove that you are genetically superior? People like you never can.

It's amazing what some people will say when facing financial ruin. Poor guy even had to resort to selling his Nobel prize after he was attacked for that quote.

That isn't how the study of intelligence works. You could however list all of the achievements of each race side by side if you wish but I don't think that would a sound study, even though it would agree with my conclusion.

People like me? As in people who like to make reasoned arguments not based on feelings?
Original post by Jebedee
I don't see any convincing reasoning in the first or second page, if you do then point out a specific one.

So far you have rejected IQ, mean income and genetics as a basis of benchmarking. So tell me, what do you consider to be a valid benchmark?

Answer the question: do you or do you not believe that some races are born intellectually superior to others?
That was quite a cancerous read.
Original post by Jebedee
It's amazing what some people will say when facing financial ruin. Poor guy even had to resort to selling his Nobel prize after he was attacked for that quote.

That isn't how the study of intelligence works. You could however list all of the achievements of each race side by side if you wish but I don't think that would a sound study, even though it would agree with my conclusion.

People like me? As in people who like to make reasoned arguments not based on feelings?

I didn't ask for the achievements of "your race", I asked what your own achievements were. What have you accomplished?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending