The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WBZ144
Answer the question: do you or do you not believe that some races are born intellectually superior to others?

I do not agree with the premise of the question. If you're going to demand an answer then rephrase it so it isn't loaded.

Original post by WBZ144
I didn't ask for the achievements of "your race", I asked what your own achievements were. What have you accomplished?

Sorry, I was under the impression this thread was titled regarding race. Not my personal life.
Original post by Jebedee
I do not agree with the premise of the question. If you're going to demand an answer then rephrase it so it isn't loaded.

Sorry, I was under the impression this thread was titled regarding race. Not my personal life.

It's not loaded, it requires a simple yes or no answer.

Well, if you're going to attempt to claim genetic superiority, surely you must have accomplished great things, which caused you to believe this?
Original post by WBZ144
Answer the question: do you or do you not believe that some races are born intellectually superior to others?

Do you believe that after 200,000 years of evolution and living in very different climates, that every racial groups bran has developed in the exact same way?

When we know already that physically races have developed differently, even to an extent where differences races are more and less likely to develop certain medical conditions than other races.
Original post by WBZ144
It's not loaded, it requires a simple yes or no answer.

Well, if you're going to attempt to claim genetic superiority, surely you must have accomplished great things, which caused you to believe this?

If you can't discern the difference between individual traits and observations of groups of people then I think you are actually harming the argument against me.

Your question is a very poor attempt to dig for information for an ad-hominem attack. Because you don't have a coherent argument.
Original post by BodhiUtah
So I was tweeted this on Twitter and had a read and don't know what to think to be honest? I agree with a lot of it but it seems well out of order. Here's an extract of the funnish bit but check it out: http://www.citysharks.co.uk/2016/05/31/investment-banker-on-black-people-in-banking/

Would you personally hire a black person?Possible, if they could do the job, but as soon as I hear any ghetto like language their gone. That’s why education is paramount as it irons out the poor character traits and polishes a person for a potential career in investment banking.I understand totally but most black people come from deprived backgrounds?I don’t buy into that crap you can make it wherever you’re from. If you want to kill your brain cells by listing to Beyonce and Jay Z and walk around with a knife then your damaging your own chances in life. Plenty of black people life like civilized human being’s, it’s just that black people choose to live less so. Just walk around London and your see it’s mainly always the black people that need to be avoided. Just look at the prisons, black males are just a criminal and lazy men on average.

How is listening to Beyonce and Jay Z killing your brain cells? :rolleyes:
I think some of mine died while reading your post because it was utter rubbish.
Original post by The_Opinion
Do you believe that after 200,000 years of evolution and living in very different climates, that every racial groups bran has developed in the exact same way?

When we know already that physically races have developed differently, even to an extent where differences races are more and less likely to develop certain medical conditions than other races.

Unless you can bring reliable scientific evidence to prove otherwise; yes, I do.

No - Everyone is the not the same.

It’s clear that different cultures around the world define and express themselves quite differently. These differences are not initiated on the genetic level, and neatly distributed along traditional “racial” categories.

Capiche ?

You assume “race” in humans as a biological fact without delivering a precise, uncontested biological definition

As for the differences between groups, yes we acknowledge that human beings adapt to their geography to some extent but not enough to become different *kinds* of human beings.
Now, if you choose to call the differences in groups “races” it stretches the original meaning of the word. But let’s accept that for a moment. You want races so badly, then I shall give them to you.

But you’re going to need more races (based on genetic variance) than they culled off in the past centuries. And the races won’t be arbitrarily colour-coordinated. There will be several European races, many Asian races, and a large number of African races.

Are you ready to accept “race” like that ?
(edited 7 years ago)

You realise the earth used to be a lot closer together geographically right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jebedee
If you can't discern the difference between individual traits and observations of groups of people then I think you are actually harming the argument against me.

Your question is a very poor attempt to dig for information for an ad-hominem attack. Because you don't have a coherent argument.

What's the matter? Why can't you answer it? I thought that you were such a brave keyboard warrior :frown:

So, should that be taken as a no? It would explain why you would cling to something as irrelevant to your race to reassure yourself that you are somehow superior to others.
Original post by Princepieman
The graph is BS. It's not controlled for socioeconomic status, nor is it controlled for education level, nor is it controlled for all manor of factors which skew data. Lazy analytics is what I call it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The old 'baffle them with bullshlt' technique, try to conflate this with as many things that you can and bury the topic.

The IQ divide has racial correlations, it always has.

This accounts for socioeconomic status and education level, USA SAT scores which are strongly correlated with IQ scores. America seems like the biggest place from which to pool data on the subject making it the most reliable, or as accurate as we can be expected to be.

Next ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
What's the matter? Why can't you answer it? I thought that you were such a brave keyboard warrior :frown:

So, should that be taken as a no? It would explain why you would cling to something as irrelevant to your race to reassure yourself that you are somehow superior to others.

Look moron, how can anyone be BORN intellectually superior to another? Regardless of ability to retain and utilise knowledge, from birth a baby has little to no knowledge. Hence your question makes absolutely no sense.

So take the answer however you want to.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
The old 'baffle them with bullshlt' technique, try to conflate this with as many things that you can and bury the topic.

The IQ divide has racial correlations, it always has.

This accounts for socioeconomic status and education level, USA SAT scores which are strongly correlated with IQ scores. America seems like the biggest place from which to pool data on the subject making it the most reliable, or as accurate as we can be expected to be.

Next ?

Attachment not found

Oh, 'estimated' how accurate... Please, you don't have any decent data at all.
Original post by inhuman
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Nicolas Cage makes people drown in pools.

The facts speak for themselves. Just look at that graph. That is so messed up and still almost perfect overlap. It's as if Cage goes on a killing spree after every film.

If you want to talk about Nicolas Cage then the entertainment section is in another part of the website, I'll see you there right after I'm finished talking with the adults.

What's wrong now ?

Want to be specific so I can address the problem ?
If you want to talk about Nicolas Cage then the entertainment section is in another part of the website, I'll see you there right after I'm finished talking with the adults.

Classic bigotedness, there's a reason ppl give up arguing with you
What's wrong now ?

You havent even cited it, probably pulled some graphs of a white supremacist group or something.

Sorry mate but you only quote trustworthy data here. If you want me to i can make a ******** graph on excel and post it here, its as accurate and reliable as that.
You realise the earth used to be a lot closer together geographically right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You realise that the races had little interaction and were separated with natural barriers right?

ignore him, it hardly factors in socioeconomic factors assuming it was accurate in the first place.
Original post by lolatmaths
ignore him, it hardly factors in socioeconomic factors assuming it was accurate in the first place.

It does.

Ahh I see, the first pic I uploaded by accident, I can't seem to remove it, it's the second I was directing you towards. Here.

sat-race-income-1995.png
What's wrong now ?

The problem is none of the data presented is either a) representative (black v white? wot), b) accurate (how in heavens name is an 'estimate' proof of anything?), c) clean, up to date, and normalised

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest