The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WBZ144
Unless you can bring reliable scientific evidence to prove otherwise; yes, I do.

Then that is quite simply not logical.

Different races have had to cope with different challenges, and that is going to effect natural selection.
Original post by Jebedee
Look moron, how can anyone be BORN intellectually superior to another? Regardless of ability to retain and utilise knowledge, from birth a baby has little to no knowledge. Hence your question makes absolutely no sense.

So take the answer however you want to.

Knowledge and intellectual capacity are not the same thing, you should know that. Someone may be of average intellectual capacity yet very knowledgeable, mainly due to additional efforts to retain knowledge.

Are people intellectually superior/inferior by virtue of race? Yes or no? It's a simple question.
Original post by The_Opinion
Then that is quite simply not logical.

Different races have had to cope with different challenges, and that is going to effect natural selection.

Do you or do you not have evidence that some races are intellectually superior or inferior due the environments in which they evolved. If not then I'm not interested.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
It does.

Parents level of education? thats it? Racists are getting awfully simple minded these days. See the key bit, factors.

From that i can also imply the data isnt trustworthy. Its such a universal factor and its discontinuous. A more reliable factor would be parents earnings. Then you'll find that since blacks are generally poorer than whites in the US, they're not going to be as bright on average. However such a decisive correlation cannot be observed with richer black kids and comparing similar income white kids. The graphs deliberately miss that out to support its twisted agenda. Even then, it wont be 100% reliable, and more factors need to be considered. USA is a vast country with many states and level of education varies.

Of course i can see why a racist idiot will just use this graph and come to silly conclusions.
Original post by WBZ144
Do you or do you not have evidence that some races are intellectually superior or inferior due the environments in which they evolved. If not then I'm not interested.

IQ results show difference. Superior / inferior are words that you are coming up with.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
It does.

Ahh I see, the first pic I uploaded by accident, I can't seem to remove it, it's the second I was directing you towards. Here.

sat-race-income-1995.png

Even if it was proven without even a glimmer of doubt that black people were naturally less intelligent what would that even mean? Where would we go from there?

This "knowledge" would not take us forward or change our lives in anyway. Scientific resources would be better spent elsewhere.
Oh no, why am i wasting my time on a racist at this hour of night?
Original post by WBZ144
Knowledge and intellectual capacity are not the same thing, you should know that. Someone may be of average intellectual capacity yet very knowledgeable, mainly due to additional efforts to retain knowledge.

Are people intellectually superior/inferior by virtue of race? Yes or no? It's a simple question.

You are still ignoring that we are discussing group traits and not individuals. So your question hasn't improved and doesn't warrant a response. I don't believe that every single white person is more intelligent than every single black person, which if you read was reflected in my first post.

If I was trying to purport to be "intellectually superior" then my stance wouldn't reflect that because I am white. Asians excel white people in all areas.
IQ results show difference. Superior / inferior are words that you are coming up with.

No it doesnt. The IQ result mean jack all.

And I have linked studies which show that using IQ test results to measure intelligence is a fallacy.

I'm just stating things as they are. To say that there is a "difference" in intelligence is to say that one group is genetically superior to the other. I am just simplifying what was said, there is no need to beat around the bush.
Original post by Jebedee
You are still ignoring that we are discussing group traits and not individuals. So your question hasn't improved and doesn't warrant a response. I don't believe that every single white person is more intelligent than every single black person, which if you read was reflected in my first post.

If I was trying to purport to be "intellectually superior" then my stance wouldn't reflect that because I am white. Asians excel white people in all areas.

Have you noticed that these lefties love Science when it backs up climate change and evolution etc, but even when basically all research shows IQ differences, they deny.
Original post by lolatmaths
No it doesnt. The IQ result mean jack all.

Are you white?
Original post by Jebedee

In a general sense then. Yes or no?
Original post by WBZ144
And I have linked studies which show that using IQ test results to measure intelligence is a fallacy.

I'm just stating things as they are. To say that there is a "difference" in intelligence is to say that one group is genetically superior to the other. I am just simplifying what was said, there is no need to beat around the bush.

I said that there is a difference in IQ, if you define IQ as intelligence, that's up to you.

I can find a study against climate change etc, a random study shows nothing. IQ differences are well known, its only as a result of political correctness that the staying of racial differences is hushed up in the western world, although in the Far East they are happy to study such things.

Its also noticeable that IQ scores tend to reflect incomes, something that also helps to verify the IQ results.
Original post by lolatmaths
x
I will interpret your lack of response as a concession.

Original post by WBZ144
In a general sense then. Yes or no?

I do not believe any people are born intellectually superior to anyone else.

However I do believe, as the evidence points to; that some races (on average) have a higher ability than others to become more intelligent.

Have you noticed that these lefties love Science when it backs up climate change and evolution etc, but even when basically all research shows IQ differences, they deny.

No different from religious zealots who deny evolution but have no problem popping antibiotics when they get sick. Hence the quasi-scientific notions of macro and micro evolution.
(edited 7 years ago)
I said that there is a difference in IQ, if you define IQ as intelligence, that's up to you.

I can find a study against climate change etc, a random study shows nothing. IQ differences are well known, its only as a result of political correctness that the staying of racial differences is hushed up in the western world, although in the Far East they are happy to study such things.

Its also noticeable that IQ scores tend to reflect incomes, something that also helps to verify the IQ results.

I said that IQ cannot measure intelligence, you have suggested that it can, hence you are suggesting a "difference" in intelligence. This would make some races genetically superior to others. Like I said, no need to beat around the bush, have the guts to come out with what you want to say.

The studies also show that IQ results often reflect socioeconomic backgrounds. I score quite well on those tests, being from an educated, middle class family. Someone from a deprived background is not going to have the required knowledge to answer most of the questions correctly. It's simple common sense, however if you wish to cling onto your claim to feel better about your own lack of achievement and reassure yourself that you are superior to Black people then be my guest
Original post by Princepieman
The problem is none of the data presented is either a) representative (black v white? wot), b) accurate (how in heavens name is an 'estimate' proof of anything?), c) clean, up to date, and normalised

Posted from TSR Mobile

It shows many different races comparatively. Along with gender segregation, it shows that, for example, higher income blacks do worse than lower income whites.

SAT scores was the only data I could find that took into account both IQ, requiring estimation for translation, and income.

You are asking for data that doesn't exist, but all the available data has shown that there is a racially correlated IQ difference. You might want to reject the position based on conclusive data that pertains to socioeconomic status, but you are playing a paradoxical game.

Does socioeconomic status predetermine IQ, or does IQ determine socioeconomic status.

It seems reasonable to assert that in a capitalist society which we live poor demographics that can achieve a better position do. The Irish for example were treated akin to slaves in America, as were the Chinese, both demographics have a higher than average IQ in America now.
In a pattern shown worldwide, black demographics have not been able to. The evidence seems undeniable to my eyes.

IQ is hereditary, not my fault the world works this way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well that's how racism works.

They say things RIGHT UP UNTIL it's clearly a racist statement. So they don't say "Black people are less intelligent" but they will say "Black people have a lower IQ" they wont say "Black people are savages" but they will say "Black people have higher violent crime rate"

As to IQ - In neurology no one takes IQ seriously. It is archaic and only really useful to social scientists. Neurologists who have a better understanding of how the brain works because they spend decades of their lives studying it have little to no use for it, but to the public at large it is so important. Because the public is only concerned with what feels like it should be true rather than what is actually the case in reality

Irony is Alfred Binet created IQ test’s to see which children weren’t profiting from the Parisian school system, not so that they could be labeled stupid but so new educational programs could be created to help those children

He was afraid that his tests would be misused for nepharious reasons. He must have been psychic because once certain ppl got a hold of it, it took on a whole new meaning.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee
I do not believe any people are born intellectually superior to anyone else.

However I do believe, as the evidence points to; that some races (on average) have a higher ability than others to become more intelligent

See? That wasn't so hard! :h:
Original post by 99_Problems
Even if it was proven without even a glimmer of doubt that black people were naturally less intelligent what would that even mean? Where would we go from there?

This "knowledge" would not take us forward or change our lives in anyway. Scientific resources would be better spent elsewhere.

That's another topic, I don't know the answers to that. Science is not about telling us where to go, it's about telling us where we are.

I can tell you this for certain, denial of the situation will mean we never get the answers you posit. The more we know, the better.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending