The Student Room Group

What's a really weird remark you've ever been given about your physical appearance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123moon
Awww some people are just mean. I bet you are beautiful

Ikr :unimpressed: Haha thanks so are you :h:
Reply 21
I don't get that many..
Someone said I looked like a cross between Heath Ledger and Kurt Cobain or something like that. I don't think so, but it was based on facebook photos lol
Original post by 123moon
I know exactly how you feel, internet high 5.

yes girl, #thickbrowstruggles
Original post by 123moon
"Wow you're actually really pretty" (sounding so surprised)

"Are your eyes green?" (When they clearly are light brown)

"You seriously need your eyebrows done, girl. They have so much potential"

Aw that eyebrow thing is annoying. You are pretty don't know why they are surprised. My science teacher said something like this last year, I asked her a question and she was just staring at me then she said ' you are actually pretty ' ?! :s-smilie:
"your so thin you look ill"

"you have a coke nose" (i have an odd shaped nose where my nostrils are)
Original post by Mochassassin
You have to mention it now, c'mon. :colonhash:

She was like - 'it's because it looks like a separate being but it's also packed right in there and looks out of control and weirdly lumpy'

:colonhash:

To this day I don't know to be flattered or offended. :colonhash:
Original post by KoreanSpammer
She was like - 'it's because it looks like a separate being but it's also packed right in there and looks out of control and weirdly lumpy'

:colonhash:

To this day I don't know to be flattered or offended. :colonhash:

Flattered :yep:
Reply 27
Original post by nisha.sri
Aw that eyebrow thing is annoying. You are pretty don't know why they are surprised. My science teacher said something like this last year, I asked her a question and she was just staring at me then she said ' you are actually pretty ' ?! :s-smilie:

Yes it is, trust me. Sometimes people just stare and don't say anything and i'm like "what's wrong?" and they are like "Your eyebrows look different, more tidy have you done anything to them?" and i'm like " no" and it's just like "Oh…" it's quite pointless they judge quite quickly but i'm so use to it now it doesn't bug me as much. I was getting changed for P.E last year and my friend kept staring and was just like "You're actually really pretty" and i was like "okay.." it was kinda embarrassing because then everyone just started staring at me… and i don't really like that kind of attention. It's nice to know i can relate someone :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawtyb
"your so thin you look ill"

"you have a coke nose" (i have an odd shaped nose where my nostrils are)

Aw that's so mean :ashamed:
Hope your ok :h:
Original post by 123moon
Yes it is, trust me. Sometimes people just stare and don't say anything and i'm like "what's wrong?" and they are like "Your eyebrows look different, more tidy have you done anything to them?" and i'm like " no" and it's just like "Oh…" it's quite pointless they judge quite quickly but i'm so use to it now it doesn't bug me as much. I was getting changed for P.E last year and my friend was like to me "You're actually really pretty" and i was like "okay.." it was kinda embarrassing because then everyone just started staring at me… and i don't really like that kind of attention. It's nice to know i can relate someone :smile:

Haha no one really says much about my eyebrows but mine are thin and curved also they don't grow messily. So i guess it's ok but as soon as i've done my eyebrows everyone would be like eyebrows on FLEEK. I'm like ' urm... thanks.'
It's really embarrassing. Same. Haha yep :h:
Original post by KoreanSpammer
Me neither. I questioned why the baby reptile had to be retarded. I won't mention the response. :colonhash:

NO, MENTION THE RESPONSE!! i'm interested.
Reply 31
Original post by nisha.sri
Haha no one really says much about my eyebrows but mine are thin and curved also they don't grow messily. So i guess it's ok but as soon as i've done my eyebrows everyone would be like eyebrows on FLEEK. I'm like ' urm... thanks.'
It's really embarrassing. Same. Haha yep :h:

Ahhh lucky! :h:
"You're ugly in school, but you have potential" :colonhash:
Reply 33
I don't like my jaw line someone once told me "It's so sharp like a knife" Which is good if i was guy… apparently.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
I think the strangest ever was when I was about 10. A classmate asked me what it was like to be so thin. I told her that I didn't know, because I had never been anything else to compare it with. Still think it is strange.
Can be a compliment or an insult.

I was told:
"I like your aligned nostrils. And the form of the area between your upper lip and nose is very nice."
:rofl:

"The more weight you gain, the prettier you get".
"wow your eyes are really really blue"
Original post by Gaya Ramanathan
"The more weight you gain, the prettier you get".

Oh gosh, nobody ever said that to me. Instead, I got rebuked for being thicker than most girls. Smh. :lol:
People have such strange expectations.
Oh gosh, nobody ever said that to me. Instead, I got rebuked for being thicker than most girls. Smh. :lol:
People have such strange expectations.

I know right haha:biggrin:
Can be a compliment or an insult.

I was told:
"I like your aligned nostrils. And the form of the area between your upper lip and nose is very nice."
:rofl:

To me: "your facial features are all out of proportion with each other, like Mr Potato Head" :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest