The Student Room Group

What revision music do you listen to?

I personally like epic/intense/occasionally peaceful soundtracks. Only instrumentals tbh, from movies, anime, games. Gotta love a bit of Hanz zimmer lol. Maybe you dont like revising to music idk.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If I do listen to music and am seriously revising I typically just type in some well-known classical composer and click the first massive video that comes up
Otherwise, if I'm revising but not too into it, I'll listen to anything
Chillstep, mainly - check it out.

Try Blackmill to start off :smile:
rnb
Inception theme tune (anything without lyrics)
Music does not work. Backed up by psychological research: You remember things better if the context when learning is similar to the exam context , it will act as cues to help retrieve information
Reply 6
Listening to James Blake, as in the background of most of his songs there is a loop - normally a drum beat of some kind - this helps me to focus .

I try to listen to it at a low volume. Which is best as as when I start to really focus the noise fades into the background.
(edited 7 years ago)
Music is a bad idea but it's good to get you excited about work when you're losing it.

I listen to old school arabic music because it sounds the best to me.
Also, something you don't know off by heart always is best than something you know otherwise you'll start saying lyrics in your head instead of saying something about osmosis!
Reply 8
music distracts me so much
i start singing the lyrics or humming the tune
Cornrow Kenny because he was born with a vision.
Reply 10
Original post by mariam687
rnb

for real? I do like rnb but not for revising!
Reply 11
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
Music does not work. Backed up by psychological research: You remember things better if the context when learning is similar to the exam context , it will act as cues to help retrieve information

oh damn. I didnt actually know that. Lucky i only listen to get me really motivated which sets me off.
Reply 12
Original post by haj101
Inception theme tune (anything without lyrics)

inception theme tune is pretty badass, one of my faves lol.
Video game soundtracks (e.g. Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy)
Original post by bat_man
inception theme tune is pretty badass, one of my faves lol.

PRSOM:h:
I love hans zimmer tracks too!! (Spider-man is my fave)
Reply 15
[video="youtube;YFj_v1DrLDc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFj_v1DrLDc[/video]
this one is effective..
Reply 16
I listen to EDM or Future Bass. Depends how i'm feeling but it's always on in the background never with headphones when i'm revising lol
Original post by bat_man
I personally like epic/intense/occasionally peaceful soundtracks. Only instrumentals tbh, from movies, anime, games. Gotta love a bit of Hanz zimmer lol. Maybe you dont like revising to music idk.

[video="youtube;H5vJGkO3vOA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5vJGkO3vOA[/video]

Spoiler

THERE'S THIS ONE SONG.
SATURN by SLEEPING AT LAST.
I love soundtracks, LOTR soundtrack has to be on the top for revision music though! It's very empowering, haha! :adore::adore:

Quick Reply

Latest