The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mjcal1
Hard to say, there was ever increasing doubts then not practicing then being done with it. Around last summer was when I was done with it.

Yeah I think most ex-religious people go through a similar process.
Original post by Lord Gaben
Aussi, the Church of Gaben is a very peaceful religion. We offer free Beers and Pizza during congregational prayer. But, unlike Islam our congregational prayer isn't mandatory. So, for Gabites that can't attend we deliver free pizza and beer to their door.

Stop with this cringe-worthy old ass meme
Original post by Mjcal1
You don't understand. NOTHING will justify slavery for me. Unless it's says slavery is WRONG I have no bussiness reading it.

Islam can only do so much to stop slavery the rest is on us humans. No releigion promoted the freedom of slaves like Islam. You little brain does not seem to comprehend the idea that even if islam said 'no slaverly' that would change nothing. You are living in a peaceful era where slavely is no exisiting in however many years when wars break out SLAVERY will increase agian , Islam therefore can survive in such eras and also combat it. Its a loop hole due to our evil nature. Islam cant stop it , Islam can only promote stopping it beacuse when time comes to despret measures , in war slaves exist. Imagine how a muslim nation will crubble when all its enemys are on the loose.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No evidence for either angels or the devil.

Yes just saying what islam thinks , your a lost cause you want visual proof which will never happen as that is pointless in our test to believe in God.
Reply 344
Original post by Nuwfall
Islam can only do so much to stop slavery the rest is on us humans. No releigion promoted the freedom of slaves like Islam. You little brain does not seem to comprehend the idea that even if islam said 'no slaverly' that would change nothing. You are living in a peaceful era where slavely is no exisiting in however many years when wars break out SLAVERY will increase agian , Islam therefore can survive in such eras and also combat it. Its a loop hole due to our evil nature. Islam cant stop it , Islam can only promote stopping it beacuse when time comes to despret measures , in war slaves exist. Imagine how a muslim nation will crubble when all its enemys are on the loose.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. If Allah was Al-hakeem he would have allowed it first like they did alcohol and then fully banned it. I don't buy into the 'it's part of our human nature' we're living in a society without slavery (outside of the underground, illegal ones).

There is more murder than slavery, is that also human nature? Why is it a massive sin to murder then?
Original post by paragonofpie
Do elaborate my child you have made me quite inquisitive.
Secondly, pertaining to your first point, many religious people might agree with scientific evidence i.e that the big bang is the "how" while God is the "how". Secondly, even-though science can explain some things , it is not whole or concrete. An example being where did the first life form simply come from? Or even more abstract ideas about what is the purpose of existence? If i had summarize in one sentence , i would have to say : that religion ad science are not oxymoron's but are two parts too a whole truth.

Lastly, even-though i wish i could convert you or etc etc , i have to say that im just not bothered .

You do realize that taking science and saying "it hasn't answered everything" and then saying "God must be the answer" is completely ludicrous, right?

You have absolutely no right talking about science as a religious person. Your idea of God is based on "faith", whatever that is, and it has nothing to do with science.
Original post by Anonymous
Please describe your reasons in full detail and with relevant verses from the Quran and the Hadith.

*Everybody hates Chris*
Original post by Nuwfall
Yes just saying what islam thinks , your a lost cause you want visual proof which will never happen as that is pointless in our test to believe in God.

No, you're the lost cause because you're just making baseless claims and expecting people to be gullible and believe you with no evidence. You don't believe the claims of other religions so why should we believe the claims of yours?

And life can't be a test if God knows everything.
Both religions DO believe in Jesus even-though we have different opinions on Jesus. An extra tidbit - Jesus never claimed to be the son of God directly

This is very disingenuous. I'm not a Christian and even I know that Jesus did unambiguously claim he was divine on many occasions in the Bible. A direct claim doesn't have to be saying the exact words "I am God", they can be put forward in different ways. A preferred method of Jesus was making direct parallels with sayings of the Old Testament which people of the time would have recognised instantly. By making these comparisons he was undeniably comparing himself to God and thus claiming he was divine.

And then of course there are the many verses in John where Jesus again undeniably claims he's God, such as "I and the Father are One", "The Father is in me and I am in the Father", in John 10:36 he directly says he's God's Son, "Before Abraham was, I AM", "You call me Teacher and Lord, and rightly so, because that is what I am" etc.
Ugh these threads are just depressing now.
Everyone just leave each other be you're not going to convince each other to convert by having an argument online. Just save yourself the effort.
Original post by Nayzar
Ugh these threads are just depressing now.
Everyone just leave each other be you're not going to convince each other to convert by having an argument online. Just save yourself the effort.

Given how much the Muslim's on this thread are getting pummeled, I reckon some of them will end up questioning their iman, it's all about questioning, once they start questioning it's only a matter of time before the house of cards comes crashing down.
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
Given how much the Muslim's on this thread are getting pummeled, I reckon some of them will end up questioning their iman, it's all about questioning, once they start questioning it's only a matter of time before the house of cards comes crashing down.

I agree. In my experience there seems to be 3 main factors that cause this to people:
-They get so much questioning and hate against their religion
-They don't get enough education/practice in Islam so they have nothing to fall back on
-The have been given a negative view of Islam because of the people around them or the media maybe, or they aren't that religious.

It's fine to question, blind faith is not encouraged at all. But questions with no answers (eg. not having the chance to ask religious scholars/sheikhs) are where the doubts come in.
Instead of blaming or attacking people for losing their faith, we should try to understand their situation. If they don't want to listen to people trying to teach them about Islam, then we should leave them be. Like I said, I've never known anyone to revert to Islam from having an online argument.
what are you even rambling about I'm honestly confused.And you not accepting your lack in knowledge and simply saying "my knowledge is fine" and calling me egotistical could maybe mirror yourself.

But i digress as I'm not to fond of committing ad hominem attacks like someone..
Firstly, you do imply men might not have to cover themselves up to maybe frame Islam to be a harsh to women and quite unequal.Secondly, this isn't just about you , it also helps to explain to the non-Muslims reading the thread and clarify somethings. As saying white people were good would suggest that black people are bad as it doesn't paint a full story.
And finally , to my actual point , the Qur'an only asks of people to COVER their awrah and doesn't give an required actual method to do it . Therefore, wearing a head scarf would suggest your from the Indian subcontinent
and head scarf's aren't done for "appearances" but rather exists cultural differences which all lead to people covering themselves due to religious purposes.

what are you even rambling about I'm honestly confused.

"You do imply men might not have to cover themselves up to maybe frame Islam to be a harsh to women and quite unequal"

Never implied the following.

"As saying white people were good would suggest that black people are bad as it doesn't paint a full story"

Uh.. :K:

" the Qur'an only asks of people to COVER their awrah and doesn't give an required actual method to do it . Therefore, wearing a head scarf would suggest your from the Indian subcontinent"

Never used the word head scarf, simplied said covered up.

If only you spent as much time reading my replies as you do writing back to them.
Reply 353
Quran - 109:1-109:6
You believe what you want and we will believe what we want. What we say isnt going to change your beliefs and vice versa so just leave this where it is.
Original post by z33
Hey not to do with Islam much but why would you be unhappy marrying a woman if you're bisexual? I mean you're equally attracted to people of both sexes so even in a society or religion where it's considered 'wrong' to get with a person of the same sex, or say if there was an alternate universe where you couldn't get with a person of the opposite sex, you could still happily marry or date someone of the sex that society or said religion expects you to get with.

You get me? Like why would it make you unhappy to marry a female if you're bi?

No hate genuinely curious xP

Thats fine aha, you dont need to say "no hate" aha. Its all good.

Yeh so, being Bi doesnt actually mean direct 50/50. Its hard to define sexuality but if I had to it would be Bi however I do have a slight preference to men.

Also I mean, this is no offence to you at all. I know what you're like and I know you're an extremely liberal muslim which I respect (despite you roasting me 2 replies back but imma let it slide :cookie:, joke aha)however its not just about being with a woman. It goes a lot deeper than that; suppressing natural desires as "sick" and "devil", being limited on choice and just thinking the way you are is wrong. Yeh for sure I could marry a women at 18 however 1. At 18 just starting Uni seems impractical to get married (not religion ik) 2. I'd still be Bi and I still would be putting natural feelings down to "a shaytaan influence" or just having an extreme low self esteem because you think the way you were built was "incorrect" or you did something to cause this. 3. Choice - Why would I want to limit myself to just being with women/marrying a women if I'm Bi Etc etc.

Btw before someone claims that this somewhat proves I left Islam because I'm Bi despite me already saying that wasnt the reason. It is not the reason, sorry m8's.
Reply 355
Original post by Cobalt_
Thats fine aha, you dont need to say "no hate" aha. Its all good.

Yeh so, being Bi doesnt actually mean direct 50/50. Its hard to define sexuality but if I had to it would be Bi however I do have a slight preference to men.

Also I mean, this is no offence to you at all. I know what you're like and I know you're an extremely liberal muslim which I respect (despite you roasting me 2 replies back but imma let it slide :cookie:, joke aha)however its not just about being with a woman. It goes a lot deeper than that; suppressing natural desires as "sick" and "devil", being limited on choice and just thinking the way you are is wrong. Yeh for sure I could marry a women at 18 however 1. At 18 just starting Uni seems impractical to get married (not religion ik) 2. I'd still be Bi and I still would be putting natural feelings down to "a shaytaan influence" or just having an extreme low self esteem because you think the way you were built was "incorrect" or you did something to cause this. 3. Choice - Why would I want to limit myself to just being with women/marrying a women if I'm Bi Etc etc.

Btw before someone claims that this somewhat proves I left Islam because I'm Bi despite me already saying that wasnt the reason. It is not the reason, sorry m8's.

ok good haha

aaaah I see ok so you're not equally attracted to both genders - makes sense! (lol twas just the wording :lol: :colondollar:)
I get what you mean tho, less the concept of it but more the reasoning behind it.
Thanks for answering! :smile:
Original post by z33
ok good haha

aaaah I see ok so you're not equally attracted to both genders - makes sense! (lol twas just the wording :lol: :colondollar:)
I get what you mean tho, less the concept of it but more the reasoning behind it.
Thanks for answering! :smile:

No problemo. :h:
Original post by Mjcal1
We're going to have to agree to disagree. If Allah was Al-hakeem he would have allowed it first like they did alcohol and then fully banned it. I don't buy into the 'it's part of our human nature' we're living in a society without slavery (outside of the underground, illegal ones).

There is more murder than slavery, is that also human nature? Why is it a massive sin to murder then?

I dont see you talking about how Islam sees murder as a big sin and how good that is , a jail sentence if caught? that wouldn't really put the scum of society into fear however my point is you will find and thing you see unjust and try and fight it. You want your self to feel better by believing there is no God but in reality Islam trys its best to combat evil nature.

As i said If Allah said no to slavery would there still be slavery? YES , God either says NO TO SLAVERY and therefore that would still occur as people tend to sin OR TRY IMPROVE THEIR LIVING STANDARDS and that way if people had slaves they are promoted to free them and treat them well.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No, you're the lost cause because you're just making baseless claims and expecting people to be gullible and believe you with no evidence. You don't believe the claims of other religions so why should we believe the claims of yours?

And life can't be a test if God knows everything.

God knows everything BUT HE DIDN'T CHOSE THAT we chose that, God knows everything but we are the ones who chose that. Its like a teacher who knows the clever and stupid pupils. The teacher didn't chose for the pupils to be stupid or clever they did.

I have pearsonaly researched many religions and if your brain functioned probably you would understand Islam,Christianity and Judaism are very similar. Islam talks about both yet they dont talk about Islam therefore Islam seems to be the most recent therefore most reliable.

Im a student who is trying to achieve something in life not a scholar i can only do so much by giving you simple reasons why I and many others believe in God if you want the proof and complicated well constructed stuff go find a muslim scholar and talk to him not me a child within the eyes of society.
Original post by Nuwfall
God knows everything BUT HE DIDN'T CHOSE THAT we chose that, God knows everything but we are the ones who chose that. Its like a teacher who knows the clever and stupid pupils. The teacher didn't chose for the pupils to be stupid or clever they did.

I have pearsonaly researched many religions and if your brain functioned probably you would understand Islam,Christianity and Judaism are very similar. Islam talks about both yet they dont talk about Islam therefore Islam seems to be the most recent therefore most reliable.

Im a student who is trying to achieve something in life not a scholar i can only do so much by giving you simple reasons why I and many others believe in God if you want the proof and complicated well constructed stuff go find a muslim scholar and talk to him not me a child within the eyes of society.

You have not answered the question. If God knows everything beforehand then he cannot be testing you because he already knows how you will react in every situation of your life and you only test someone if you don't know for sure what the result will be. Ergo if God is all-knowing he cannot be testing anyone.

Being the most recent does not at all mean it's the most reliable. Islam is just as nonsensical as Christianity and Judaism, making baseless claims and ludicrous comments about reality that are not supported by any evidence whatsoever.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending