The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A-LJLB
Yep, absolutely sure

But in the past they've only asked social psychological
Original post by Hihihi123
But in the past they've only asked social psychological

Yeah which includes SLT and deindividustion, and they've asked for one so they can be seperate
Original post by A-LJLB
That's the problem, the examiners reports are increasingly frustrated over it as they keep saying "students continue to use reductionism" inappropriately. It's just what the exam board say, unfortunately. Limited view means the same thing so just use that if it's not a biological theory. It's quite disheartening some schools/colleges aren't aware, it's all over the reports

Hi, just a quick question based on what you were saying about reductionism, would it make sense say in a social influence that it uses a limited view instead of being reductionist as it generally ignores biological influences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethM98
I'm basing my revision pretty strongly on predictions and stuff like what came up last year I'm not bothering to revise, so like everything that hasn't appeared before or hasn't appeared in a while I'm learning but everything else I'm basically leaving out, is anyone else doing this or are people thinking this is a bad idea? It's just cause I barely have any time haha

Im gonna miss out the essay for each section that was on last year, so im still learning 90% of the exam
Original post by A-LJLB
Yeah which includes SLT and deindividustion, and they've asked for one so they can be seperate

Oh I see what you mean now, but if it were a 12 mark for example they couldn't explicitly ask Outline and evaluate deindividuation for example?
Original post by A-LJLB

But the specification says 'for example SLT and deindividuation' not 'including SLT...' which means that you don't have to know a certain explanation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethM98
I'm basing my revision pretty strongly on predictions and stuff like what came up last year I'm not bothering to revise, so like everything that hasn't appeared before or hasn't appeared in a while I'm learning but everything else I'm basically leaving out, is anyone else doing this or are people thinking this is a bad idea? It's just cause I barely have any time haha

Remember that if it hasn't come up before... There's probably a reason! Maybe it never will.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle_w
Hi, just a quick question based on what you were saying about reductionism, would it make sense say in a social influence that it uses a limited view instead of being reductionist as it generally ignores biological influences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

May be safer talking about nature vs nurture OR alternate approach

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wouldn't the question just say outline and evaluate one social psychological explanation for 12 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OyinkanO
Is anyone answering the gender topic next week and knows why dysphoria, biological (role of genes/hormones) and evolutionary have never come up?
Also does anyone know when loopa are releasing the predictions for the other topics in unit 3?

Thank you

loopa have released their predictions, they are (in this order) Genes and hormones, Evolutionary, Culture ( as it hasn't come up on its own) and the biosocial which hasn't been there since Jan 13.
Original post by TMC113
May be safer talking about nature vs nurture OR alternate approach

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks, that would make more sense 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethM98

i'm pretty much doing this, or at least highly prioritising the things that haven't come up in a while.. but i'm hoping i'll have enough time (and motivation) to just skim through the other stuff at the end just so it's in my mind just in case! that way i might be able to scrape out some sort of answer if a question comes up that i haven't revised!
Original post by Elle_w

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :smile:
Original post by TMC113
But the specification says 'for example SLT and deindividuation' not 'including SLT...' which means that you don't have to know a certain explanation

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do, they've asked for one before
Original post by A-LJLB
You do, they've asked for one before

When? I've looked and only found them saying social psychological
When? I've looked and only found them saying social psychological

If they say "one" social psychological theory then you need to know one in detail

Anyway my college says they're seperate essays too
Original post by A-LJLB
If they say "one" social psychological theory then you need to know one in detail

Yeah, but that's not them asking for SLT or deindividuation… you can just learn SLT and do it, we're saying that they won't ask for one certain explanation.

Bear in mind that it's super unlikely social psychological will come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A-LJLB

Yeah I understand that, but its just what I'm saying is if they ask for one theory then you can choose which one to write about in detail, so it wouldn't be just deindividuation so that id you only knew slt you'd be stuck. Sorry if i'm coming across strong or rude or whatever I'm just trying to understand :smile:
Yeah I understand that, but its just what I'm saying is if they ask for one theory then you can choose which one to write about in detail, so it wouldn't be just deindividuation so that id you only knew slt you'd be stuck. Sorry if i'm coming across strong or rude or whatever I'm just trying to understand :smile:

We have always been told to learn both social psychological theories. No you're not being rude, it's fine!

It's very unlikely to come up anyway :h:
You are best knowing both because they can ask for "theorieS" plural in which case u have to write 2

Latest

Trending

Trending