The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A-LJLB
We have always been told to learn both social psychological theories. No you're not being rude, it's fine!

It's very unlikely to come up anyway :h:

I haven't written either essay :frown: i'm quite worried about that
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hihihi123
I haven't written those essay :frown: i'm quite worried about that

If I were you just do one, but I'd prioritise other essays as it isn't likely to come up! Don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
If I were you just do one, but I'd prioritise other essays as it isn't likely to come up! Don't worry about it :smile:

Are you learning what came up last year?
Are you learning what came up last year?

If I have time! But I've only just started revising so we'll have to see :P
does this mean a gender dysphoria essay or a biosocial essay?
Original post by RHobbs
loopa have released their predictions, they are (in this order) Genes and hormones, Evolutionary, Culture ( as it hasn't come up on its own) and the biosocial which hasn't been there since Jan 13.
Original post by A-LJLB
If I have time! But I've only just started revising so we'll have to see :P

Have you written an essay on human aggression including infidelity and jealousy?
Just to ask quickly, does anyone know if parent-offspring conflict (including sibling rivalry etc.) is still on the specification? I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything. I have done sexual selection and parental investment but we barely even touched on parent-offspring conflict in class yet it seems to be a separate section in a couple of my textbooks.
This is probably a dumb question but does research have to be supporting/opposing for it to count as AO2? Or can it just be any research done concerning the theory?
For example if I say 'X used this idea to explain why this occurs', or 'Y studied this and also found this of the behaviour' is that only credited as AO1?
Original post by BasingstokeBoy
Just to ask quickly, does anyone know if parent-offspring conflict (including sibling rivalry etc.) is still on the specification? I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything. I have done sexual selection and parental investment but we barely even touched on parent-offspring conflict in class yet it seems to be a separate section in a couple of my textbooks.

For relationships its not on the spec
For relationships its not on the spec

Thanks, I won't waste my time going over that too much then.
Eating behaviour predictions now up on Loopa here: http://www.loopa.co.uk/eating-behaviours-psya3-june-2016-predictions/

:smile:
Original post by BasingstokeBoy
Thanks, I won't waste my time going over that too much then.

I wouldn't go over it at all- I've never even heard of it
Has anyone either finished psay3 completely or finished a section out of 3 from the paper, in terms of completing memorized essays from one section?
Hi, thnx for ur predictions! Ive purchased all of ur booklets- they are great, I was looking at gender dysphoria and Im really confused- do we describe it as a biosocial approach? or do we do psychological and biological explanations seperately?- and is ur prediction just on the biosocial approach to gender development ie- moneys theory or gender dysphoria??

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Mephestic
Eating behaviour predictions now up on Loopa here: http://www.loopa.co.uk/eating-behaviours-psya3-june-2016-predictions/

Original post by artymaniac
Hi, thnx for ur predictions! Ive purchased all of ur booklets- they are great, I was looking at gender dysphoria and Im really confused- do we describe it as a biosocial approach? or do we do psychological and biological explanations seperately?- and is ur prediction just on the biosocial approach to gender development ie- moneys theory or gender dysphoria??

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hey Arty,

Just at work but I'll double check this once home.
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but does anyone have the predictions for relationships?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks sir,
much appreciated
Hey Arty,

Just at work but I'll double check this once home.
Is there anybody I could PM an essay on gender to to mark for me to see if it's ok as I've never written it before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle_w
Is there anybody I could PM an essay on gender to to mark for me to see if it's ok as I've never written it before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go for it :h:

:smile:

Hi Saj, do you have any knowledge about reductionism and determinism being only applicable to biological theories? As we had some debate about this and it seems reductionism only applies to bio theories other theories are seen as limited?

Latest

Trending

Trending