The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Transport Economics F584 2016 (23/06/16)

Thread for the OCR Transport Economics paper.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm making notes on f584 following the specification on a google doc, if anyone wants to help out here you go: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xozIdFgSPtwDMBHLx7ML2dg5NxKdbPaqNHDzCTcpyjY/edit?usp=sharing
I am just using the electronic text book at the moment but plan on going back through using my own notes and powerpoints from school and then maybe adding example past questions that are relevant to each point from the spec.
Reply 2
Any predictions for the 15/20 markers? Or is it always market structures and market failure
Could someone plan the answer to
"Discuss how transport policy seeks to deal with current transport problems and issues such as congestion, in the UK and elsewhere"
This is apparently very likely as a 20marker and taken directly off the specification
Original post by Ukhti18
Any predictions for the 15/20 markers? Or is it always market structures and market failure

it wasn't last year
Original post by Lavender26
Could someone plan the answer to
"Discuss how transport policy seeks to deal with current transport problems and issues such as congestion, in the UK and elsewhere"
This is apparently very likely as a 20marker and taken directly off the specification

You'd be looking at things like the London Congestion charge and do a L3/4b/4a thread on that. Could also go into the increase in rail prices earlier this year or the fact that the EU sets targets for CO2 emissions and has introduced regulations to make cars more efficient (don't have to mention when or what it is, I'm sure they have some regulations) and go into L3/4b/4a about a regulation to correct MF associated with congestion.

EDIT: There is a specific regulation, read this http://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/transport/vehicles/cars/index_en.htm
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by pelias_100
it wasn't last year

What was last years paper on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coolguy123456
You'd be looking at things like the London Congestion charge and do a L3/4b/4a thread on that. Could also go into the increase in rail prices earlier this year or the fact that the EU sets targets for CO2 emissions and has introduced regulations to make cars more efficient (don't have to mention when or what it is, I'm sure they have some regulations) and go into L3/4b/4a about a regulation to correct MF associated with congestion.

EDIT: There is a specific regulation, read this http://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/transport/vehicles/cars/index_en.htm

Thanks!
Anybody understand what it means on the specification by
'Understand the influences on firms' revenues'?
Reply 9
Original post by Lavender26
Anybody understand what it means on the specification by
'Understand the influences on firms' revenues'?

I assume it just means what affects it, e.g. for price makers it will be the price that they charge that determines their revenues.
Reply 10
Has anyone been through the questions of past papers and thought of any questions that haven't come up yet?
Reply 11
Original post by tenro
Has anyone been through the questions of past papers and thought of any questions that haven't come up yet?

What wqs the questions on 2015 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got the 2015 f584 paper????????????????
Original post by coolguy123456

he didnt have the mark scheme did he??
Thanks a lot btw!!
Original post by starwarsjedi123
he didnt have the mark scheme did he??
Thanks a lot btw!!

he does, go on his channel and there's an F584 video with the links
Reply 16
does anyone have or would they mind making a list of the usefulness + lack of forecasting methods? As in the usefulness of GDP data for example (in the 2015 paper). Either during the forecasting process or after the forecast(s) has been made
What are the essay predictions?
Why would firms sales maximise? Is it the same argument for why they would revenue maximise?
Anybody got any predictions for the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending