The Student Room Group

24th May 2016, Physical Education AQA AS Level exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Junior567
yh i put vasodilation and constriction you needed to explain how that occurs so all that impulse ect.
venous return mechanism is how blood returns to the heart

Yeah :s-smilie:
Original post by Bakawogo
Can someone tell me what BMI calculates

bmi calculates body composition
Original post by 11aliw
Yea I agree nothing like that before ever.

The extrinsic feedback advantages and disadvantages came up in a previous past paper basically just needed to recite the mark scheme for that.......
Original post by hazercarter339
bmi calculates body composition

BMI calculates Body fat not body composition
Reply 64
Original post by billybob77
The extrinsic feedback advantages and disadvantages came up in a previous past paper basically just needed to recite the mark scheme for that.......

Really? I've never seen that question come up, which past paper? Only thing I've seen somewhat related was extrinsic motivation.
Reply 65
Original post by SWFCSam
Yeah :s-smilie:

It's about the vascular shunt mechanism that changes the distribution of blood around the body.
apparently it's body fat but I thought it was body composition because that's what it was in the syllabus
Reply 67
Original post by andymharrison_
apparently it's body fat but I thought it was body composition because that's what it was in the syllabus

how do you know? did your tell teacher you. I put body fat in the exam but people on here said it was body composition.
Original post by emanny
how do you know? did your tell teacher you. I put body fat in the exam but people on here said it was body composition.

yeah my teacher told me after the exam, weird considering at AS it was a test for body composition.
Reply 69
yeah my teacher told me after the exam, weird considering at AS it was a test for body composition.

i can see how people can get confused but i always thought bmi was a measure of fat and because it's how people are classed as obese etc. Did your teacher say anything about the section b question?
no unfortunately not. why what didn't you understand? i thought the last question was fairly straight forward.
Reply 71
no unfortunately not. why what didn't you understand? i thought the last question was fairly straight forward.

there hadn't been anything on advantages and disadvantages of extrinsic feedback in past papers or the book so yeah wasn't straight forward for me lol.
just like better for cognitive leaners and stuff like that, but bad because halts development of kinaesthetic awareness
Reply 73
just like better for cognitive leaners and stuff like that, but bad because halts development of kinaesthetic awareness

yeah i put those but that would be it really.
The question about the two types of feedback a performer can receive - i put down intrinsic and extrinsic feedback but was caught between that and knowledge of performance and knowledge of results. Can someone say which one they think is more likely to be correct
I dont remember this question lmao

Quick Reply

Latest