The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RHobbs
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but does anyone have the predictions for relationships?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

here's the link to loopa's predictions on relationships:smile: http://www.loopa.co.uk/psya3-relationships-june-2016-predictions-aqa-psychology/
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hi Saj, do you have any knowledge about reductionism and determinism being only applicable to biological theories? As we had some debate about this and it seems reductionism only applies to bio theories other theories are seen as limited?

He probably isn't aware as he using reductionism in all his essays
Original post by Elle_w
Is there anybody I could PM an essay on gender to to mark for me to see if it's ok as I've never written it before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure! Happy to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by evekay
here's the link to loopa's predictions on relationships:smile: http://www.loopa.co.uk/psya3-relationships-june-2016-predictions-aqa-psychology/

Thanks very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anyone who I could send a relationship essay to to mark for me? :smile:
Original post by TMC113

Could I send you a relationship essay to mark for me? :smile:
To anyone doing gender, for cultural influence how are you splitting AO1 and AO2? I have like one small paragraph of AO1 and that's it... My essay is really short
Original post by A-LJLB
Nooo. If you read all reports you'll understand it only gains credit. In one of them it states if it's not biological to use LIMITED VIEW. Limited view means it only considers that theory and nothing else. Reductionism means it only consider that BIOLOGICAL theory and nothing else.

If you use reductionism, you won't be credited and you'll actually lose marks as your answer will not be accurate

does this mean you cant use reductionism for e.g. ducks theory on breakdown?
Hi guys
Im doing agression relationship and gender
I just wanted to know if there any predictions and for gender is there a chance of cultural influences to come up thanks x
Original post by A-LJLB
To anyone doing gender, for cultural influence how are you splitting AO1 and AO2? I have like one small paragraph of AO1 and that's it... My essay is really short

I've got a paragraph about how if gender role was only biological it would be universal, but culture has psychological implications so can also influence them. Then explain the way culture can be shaped. I also use Meads study as A01.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi does anyone know if you can get an 24 marker on just ultradian or a 24 marker on just infradian? i dont know whether to put it on one essay plan or two
Original post by A-LJLB
Yeah, I did :smile:

Yep! Otherwise it's limited view

Really? Awesome! so my teacher's been teaching us bullsh. it the whole year!:u:
We've been taught that you can use reductionism for pretty much anything, e.g I quote what we were told to write down: 'Deindividuation theory is reductionistic (too simplistic) as it ignores biological factors such as genetics or hormones as a cause for aggression.'
Then he would tell us to expand on it.. It is wrong then?

Also, what's the difference between reductionism and nature-nurture debate?
One example given by my teacher 'On the nature-nurture debate genetics ignores nurture, for example social psychological theories such as SLT or deindividuation' and then expand...
I'm pretty sure both examples are saying pretty much the same thing about ignoring other factors?
Can anyone explain it to me pretty pls?
Original post by Kitty201322
Hi guys
Im doing agression relationship and gender
I just wanted to know if there any predictions and for gender is there a chance of cultural influences to come up thanks x

For aggression anything biological may come up and for gender the same and cultural influences. My teacher said they are more likely to ask cultural influences with social influences than on its own but it's still a possibility

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle_w
For aggression anything biological may come up and for gender the same and cultural influences. My teacher said they are more likely to ask cultural influences with social influences than on its own but it's still a possibility

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate all the cultural essays :frown: -_-
Who does relationships and has an 18+ mark essay on culture, or on childhood?
Original post by A-LJLB
If you got at least a C in AS, yep :smile:

I got an A at AS 164 ums :frown:
How well do I need to do this year? Or how likely is an A*/A?
About the same or better? Or can I slack a bit?
Original post by bmarek
Really? Awesome! so my teacher's been teaching us bullsh. it the whole year!:u:
We've been taught that you can use reductionism for pretty much anything, e.g I quote what we were told to write down: 'Deindividuation theory is reductionistic (too simplistic) as it ignores biological factors such as genetics or hormones as a cause for aggression.'
Then he would tell us to expand on it.. It is wrong then?

Also, what's the difference between reductionism and nature-nurture debate?
One example given by my teacher 'On the nature-nurture debate genetics ignores nurture, for example social psychological theories such as SLT or deindividuation' and then expand...
I'm pretty sure both examples are saying pretty much the same thing about ignoring other factors?
Can anyone explain it to me pretty pls?

A lot of teachers seem to do this. Technically it's right, but the exam board doesn't like reductionism to be used if it isn't a biological theory. Just use limited view, it means exactly the same but can be used for all the theories :smile:
Hi guys, here is a link to my psychology notes. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tsj5hz8t9doftu8/AACJErpKx0dn9HppvY5P0uARa?dl=0

Currently there is ALL of PSYA3 (Sleep, Aggression, Eating Behaviour) and Phobias

Working on Media Psychology atm

P.S. I did Anorexia for the eating disorder.

GOOD LUCK GUYS x
Original post by A-LJLB
A lot of teachers seem to do this. Technically it's right, but the exam board doesn't like reductionism to be used if it isn't a biological theory. Just use limited view, it means exactly the same but can be used for all the theories :smile:

Thanks so much! :smile:
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hi Saj, do you have any knowledge about reductionism and determinism being only applicable to biological theories? As we had some debate about this and it seems reductionism only applies to bio theories other theories are seen as limited?

Hey - yeah that is correct. You can only now use reductionism in reference to biological causes (genes/hormones). The examiners made an issue about this a couple of years ago and made it a point to students to no longer use it willy-nilly on everything. So use reductionism only in reference to evaluating biological theories - yes.

Latest

Trending

Trending