The Student Room Group

Gcse Triple Science!!

How do you get an A*,or at least 75%. I can only average 60%(B) and its frustrating I can't get an A *.
I've done so many past papers but yet I'm not imporving

Scroll to see replies

BASIcALLY.....

Spoiler

I don't care as long as I get an A in biology chemistry and physics.. I have been getting A* in the past papers but I don't know if I would be able to achieve it in the actual exam.. don't worry its not only u..:h:
Original post by theBranicAc
How do you get an A*,or at least 75%. I can only average 60%(B) and its frustrating I can't get an A *.

Go through the papers and write down the silly mistakes you have made. I have found that the triple science papers are normally marked a lot more harshly than the double science papers. I lost a lot of marks due to stupid mistakes like writing 21 instead of 21.00 for example
Reply 4
Find common errors and note them down and practise the topics. Make sure you know the How science works for each topic because these questions are more and more common. For 6 markers just memorise them.
Original post by Lightning_xo
BASIcALLY.....

Spoiler

I do, want to revise on TSR?
Reply 6
Original post by SargentZenj2
Find common errors and note them down and practise the topics. Make sure you know the How science works for each topic because these questions are more and more common. For 6 markers just memorise them.

Original post by niv1234
Go through the papers and write down the silly mistakes you have made. I have found that the triple science papers are normally marked a lot more harshly than the double science papers. I lost a lot of marks due to stupid mistakes like writing 21 instead of 21.00 for example

i've done all of that yet im stil getting around 60%. Mabye I'm just not good at science?
Reply 7
i've done all of that yet im stil getting around 60%. Mabye I'm just not good at science?

Try reading the question. Write your answer in short sentences as if you were just reciting the mark scheme. For the suggest questions, try to think more carefully and use the science that you have been actually taught. Remember in the real exam they will give credit to any answer as long as it is logical(for the suggest questions). When describing a graph, describe literally every feature(e.g. the pattern, any significant points and axis intercepts, etc). When you write out your answer read it twice and ask yourself whether or not anything you have said may be on the mark scheme. It takes a lot of practise and I think the uncertainty with the mark schemes generally happens the most in biology.
Original post by *Alisha*
I do, want to revise on TSR?

Okk.
Okk.

Revising B1 and 2 today. Want to make a start ?
i've already done my B1 B2 B3 exam xD

My next science exam is C1 C2 C3 (im okay with this tho)

Struggling with physics and the 4's 5's and 6's

Wait so which science exams have you already done? -_-

Lol mines in June. How do you find Physics?
My teacher is so crap

Wait...are you in year 11?...thats why
Wait...are you in year 11?...thats why

it is 1st of june today! what date is your exam/

Ohh i see im in Yr 11. U in yr 10/
it is 1st of june today! what date is your exam/

Ohh i see im in Yr 11. U in yr 10/

Yup, how do you find Physics?

I'm in AS at the moment and I got 3 A*s in my sciences last year having been in your position. These are my best tips i found useful for sciences:
- The key is NOT trying past papers, get that out of your head. Mark schemes are you best friend. Practice writing the correct answers from the mark scheme, so you know what the examiner is looking for.
- Any processes that you can't get your head around, just print a page of notes and read them over and over literally until you go into the exam. Chuck them away outside or give them to an invigilator if you have to. Then as soon as you start the paper, flick through to see any questions on that topic (I did this for protein synthesis, nitrogen cycle, pulse oximeters etc.)
- Don't overcomplicate things, you only need to know the amount of detail in the textbook
- Try different revision methods, read things over, get people the test you, search your spec on youtube to find videos and animations that will really help
- Don't underestimate the power of just reading your textbook over and over, it really helps to be able to picture where info is on the page while you're in the exam
- Chill out and don't panic
Yup, how do you find Physics?

HATE IT !!

wbu? im trying to do p1 p2 today. p3 is beyond confusing.
HATE IT !!

SAME! my teacher can't teacher. I have my mocks. So I revised P1. We only started P3.
SAME! my teacher can't teacher. I have my mocks. So I revised P1. We only started P3.

my teachers quite good, but i just suck at physics. Just go on youtube and watch westlandscience. (its boring but its okk..)

P3 is sooo hard.
HATE IT !!

How do you normally revise for it ? I use this Youtube Channel for it:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDWYbhR94ZYFUXd4NJvAHYQ
It's really good

Quick Reply

Latest