The Student Room Group

Bosses can ban headscarves and crucifixes, EU judge says

Scroll to see replies

I doubt many will have a blanket ban. Especially not any high profile company because they CSRs to adhere to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I doubt if it will be enforced if it is up to the employer
Hmmmm.
I'm no fan of religion at all but this seems a little draconian. Is wearing a headscarf or crucifix really going to affect how they do their job?
As long as they're not lecturing people on their religion then live & let live seems more appropriate.
(I can understand why full body veils can affect how you do your job in certain circumstances however).
okay, thanks for letting us know.
Reply 5
Original post by alkaline.
okay, thanks for letting us know.

Your welcome
All bow down to the secular state religion :adore:

Bosses can already ban certain clothing choices. This is just bringing religouse cultural stuff into the fold. Personally I'd rather bosses can't tell you what to wear at all (apart from health and safety stuff or if your job requires you to be notable to the public).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
as long as it doesn't interfere with their performance at the job people can wear whatever they want imo
stupid let people wear what they want, their performance is what's important, that's why you hired them in the first place right?
Is this a reason to leave the EU? I don't understand.

I think people should be allowed though as long as it's not affecting anybody else or their job!
Original post by poundsoffat
stupid let people wear what they want, their performance is what's important, that's why you hired them in the first place right?

You have clearly never worked in a professional position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
You have clearly never worked in a professional position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope, no-one wants to hire me -.- even for part time >.>
SJW's must be excited at the prospect of doxxing and destroying small businesses and their owners and employees lives
Original post by z33
as long as it doesn't interfere with their performance at the job people can wear whatever they want imo

Should an employer not be able to tell Steve not to turn up to his checkout job at Asda in just his speedo's and flip flops again?
Pretty draconian tbh , these items don't affect someone's work.
Reply 15
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Should an employer not be able to tell Steve not to turn up to his checkout job at Asda in just his speedo's and flip flops again?

never heard of a religion that requires you to come in speedos and flip flops :hmmmm:
Original post by z33
never heard of a religion that requires you to come in speedos and flip flops :hmmmm:

If it doesn't effect your work then why does it matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Kryptonian
Is this a reason to leave the EU? I don't understand.

I think people should be allowed though as long as it's not affecting anybody else or their job!

This is a reason to stay in the EU
"While an employee cannot ‘leave’ his sex, skin colour, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or disability ‘at the door’, he may be expected to moderate the exercise of religion in the workplace"Juliane KokottYEAH GUYS DONT PRACTISE YOUR RELIGION ONCE YOU LEAVE THE DOOR STEP OF YOUR HOME BECAUSE THAT'S VERY REASONABLE.
Original post by z33

You said:

"as long as it doesn't interfere with their performance at the job people can wear whatever they want imo"

Did you mean people should be allowed to wear whatever they want only if they are religious?

Quick Reply