The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nwmyname
I used to spend half a day on one subject, then go out for around an hour to relieve the stress.
In my case, this would have been either a walk to the shops or a game outside (the summer was very warm, mind you!)

I then would walk back in and do the next half before going to sleep.
A day before the exam, I would revisit all my past paper material and note down my mistakes and then come to the real exam and breeze through it.

Hope that helps :smile:

Ah that's a really good method and it definitely helps - thank you :smile:

Original post by nisha.sri
I know right :eek::eek: My school doesn't finish till the 27th June - statistics :smile:
Well done!! you have done loads

We finish on the 22nd June so I have even less than yourself :biggrin:
Thank you - how did revision go for you yesterday? :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Ah that's a really good method and it definitely helps - thank you :smile:

We finish on the 22nd June so I have even less than yourself :biggrin:
Thank you - how did revision go for you yesterday? :smile:

Lucky you !! Everyone else in our year finish on the 17th June except from set 1-3 who are doing statistics :smile:
No worries. It went well, i managed to do everything that i planned. Whoops i'm sorry I didn't update on here it was mainly because no one else was really updating and i thought it might be a bit weird. But this is what i did :smile:
Did 8-9 hours yesterday :biggrin:

1. B3 - Exchange of materials + questions + Heart
2. Psychology 1 - 3 case studies
3. B2 - Inheritance + questions
4.Geo 2 - Keywords for rivers + rest of rivers
5. Maths past paper - 96/100
6. C2 - All the calculations
7 .P3 - past paper - 42/60 ( I haven't yet reviewed the unit yet - just flicked through the pages in my textbook )
8. P2 - Circuits - symbols
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nisha.sri
Lucky you !! Everyone else in our year finish on the 17th June except from set 1-3 who are doing statistics :smile:
No worries. It went well, i managed to do everything that i planned. Whoops i'm sorry I didn't update on here it was mainly because no one else was really updating and i thought it might be a bit weird. But this is what i did :smile:
Did 8-9 hours yesterday :biggrin:

1. B3 - Exchange of materials + questions + Heart
2. Psychology 1 - 3 case studies
3. B2 - Inheritance + questions
4.Geo 2 - Keywords for rivers + rest of rivers
5. Maths past paper - 96/100
6. C2 - All the calculations
7 .P3 - past paper - 42/60 ( I haven't yet reviewed the unit yet - just flicked through the pages in my textbook )
8. P2 - Circuits - symbols

Ah don't worry about updating every day - I should have done it more myself. And WOW you did loads and it is so impressive what you manage to get done. Huge well done to you! :biggrin:
Ah don't worry about updating every day - I should have done it more myself. And WOW you did loads and it is so impressive what you manage to get done. Huge well done to you! :biggrin:

Haha :smile: You do it nearly everyday so it's OK :biggrin: Thank you and thank you again.The thing is i don't get study leave like everyone else and i was planning to get loads done during the half term so yeah that's really why :smile:
I've got 13 exams left and 7 of them are next week. How about you ? You get a lot done too :wink:
Hey Girls,

Does anyone do Edexcel History here ? How have you guys been revising for History Unit 1 ? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 exams left - I CAN FEEL THE FREEDOM ALREADY! :biggrin:

Additional Maths Paper 2 this Friday (let's hope it'll go as well as paper 1 yesterday!) and History paper 4 next week. Dreading my results though, I feel like I got maybe 2 A*s instead of the 8 I was predicted.
Today is the day I just do revision for history paper 2 since in depth exam requires tons of facts and statistics! After that a little bit of writing practise for English but history should take a lot of time up today!
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Hey Girls,

Does anyone do Edexcel History here ? How have you guys been revising for History Unit 1 ? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope I do Geography :smile:
Hey Girls,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do it. I just memorise the information in my revision guide and learn how to answer the questions. After memorising it, I make it into a short story and then separate the information out. For instance, for medicine, cause and treatment, influence and public health with the different years e.g. The Romans.
Which unit 1 are you doing? I'm doing Medicine and Treatment.

Original post by Mac117
2 exams left - I CAN FEEL THE FREEDOM ALREADY! :biggrin:

Additional Maths Paper 2 this Friday (let's hope it'll go as well as paper 1 yesterday!) and History paper 4 next week. Dreading my results though, I feel like I got maybe 2 A*s instead of the 8 I was predicted.

Oh wow, lucky! I still got 10 left! Good luck with everything and I'm sure you have achieved more!:smile:

Original post by MezmorisedPotato
Today is the day I just do revision for history paper 2 since in depth exam requires tons of facts and statistics! After that a little bit of writing practise for English but history should take a lot of time up today!

Revising for history takes ages doesn't it? Good luck!:smile:
Original post by MezmorisedPotato

Paper 2. Do you do Edexcel ? That's about the USA right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahra30013
I do it. I just memorise the information in my revision guide and learn how to answer the questions. After memorising it, I make it into a short story and then separate the information out. For instance, for medicine, cause and treatment, influence and public health with the different years e.g. The Romans.
Which unit 1 are you doing? I'm doing Medicine and Treatment.

Oh wow, lucky! I still got 10 left! Good luck with everything and I'm sure you have achieved more!:smile:

Revising for history takes ages doesn't it? Good luck!:smile:

I'm doing the Cold War then USA and then Britian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing the Cold War then USA and then Britian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medicine and treatment, Germany and then Surgery for me.
Original post by sahra30013
I do it. I just memorise the information in my revision guide and learn how to answer the questions. After memorising it, I make it into a short story and then separate the information out. For instance, for medicine, cause and treatment, influence and public health with the different years e.g. The Romans.Which unit 1 are you doing? I'm doing Medicine and Treatment.Oh wow, lucky! I still got 10 left! Good luck with everything and I'm sure you have achieved more!:smile:Revising for history takes ages doesn't it? Good luck!:smile:
Paper 1 topics, I feel, are quite short and I can get 1 unit in that paper done quite quickly as there is less facts and statistics to remember. On the contrary, your grades on paper 2 heavily relies on the knowledge of key figures and numbers and dates. You need to also be able to logically answer questions which have more interpretation to it. Good luck to you too :smile:

Paper 2. Do you do Edexcel ? That's about the USA right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, I'm on AQA B. Paper 2 consists of Hitlers Germany, America in the 20s as well as War in Vietnam. Those are the topics our school chose.
I have 7 exams left :frown:
Original post by ellamoon_22
I have 7 exams left :frown:

Good luck. 👍👍👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck. 👍👍👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thnks m8
I'm glad I amused you. Yeah. I'm getting kind of pissed off because I've got these rad skateboard parts lying around and I don't have time to fit them onto my deck so I'll have to do it after my exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh you skateboard? Sounds cool :tongue:
At least it gives you something to look forward to I guess
That's great advice thanks, how long did you spend studying each day roughly?

And yes, even if they weren't important I would still try really hard to get the best I can :smile:

Haha that's funny :biggrin: But yeah everyone just goes "you revise too much, come and do..." and it's annoying considering we only have a few weeks left and then loads of weeks to do whatever we want :redface:

Yes I understand this so much!! Like just let me get on with it and then AFTER I can do what you want me to. Also if people just left me alone I could probably get everything done quicker as well :redface: why don't families understand
Original post by ellamoon_22
Thnks m8

No worries mate. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NiamhM1801
Ooh you skateboard? Sounds cool :tongue:
At least it gives you something to look forward to I guess

Yeah. I do and yes it does give me something to look forward to. It's quite relaxing actually. It lets me zone out. However, I haven't been skateboarding for a long time so it'll be interesting to say the least. Lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending