The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi All,

New to the Pupillage thread this year. I have an interview at Cornwall St Birmingham which unfortunately clashes with another interview in Newcastle. Would anyone be interested in provisionally swapping at 1.30 slot for a later interview time? Rather reluctant to ask Chambers to move my time without a proposed swap.
Original post by Murphy39
Mine has done that too. Any idea why?

No idea. It seems odd - if they were going to reject people after assessing the applications, why not just update the Gateway to unsuccessful? Maybe the 'assessment' bit was a preliminary paper sift, and now they're shortlisting. God knows.
Original post by BarStudent
Hi All,

New to the Pupillage thread this year. I have an interview at Cornwall St Birmingham which unfortunately clashes with another interview in Newcastle. Would anyone be interested in provisionally swapping at 1.30 slot for a later interview time? Rather reluctant to ask Chambers to move my time without a proposed swap.

I've often seen these swap requests although I've never seen any evidence that they've ever successfully borne fruit. I'd be interested to know if anyone's ever managed to effect a swap in this way and I'm intrigued to know how that would work when dealing with chambers:

"Hello, is that Dreamset Chambers? This is Fred Bloggs here but my TSR friends call me PupHound21. I’m delighted that you’ve decided to interview me but unfortunately I can’t make the time of 10am. To make life as easy as possible for you I’ve found one my TSR friends on the forum who is prepared to swap with me. They are booked in at 3PM but they will see you at 10am in place of me and I will see you at 3pm in place of them. I can’t tell you their name unfortunately but I know them as YummyMummy123. They will be in contact with you to confirm this and will give you my alias (PupHound21) so you can match up the two requests. I hope you find this all straightforward and agreeable, thanks."
Original post by Not Amused
I can’t tell you their name unfortunately but I know them as YummyMummy123. They will be in contact with you to confirm this and will give you my alias (PupHound21) so you can match up the two requests. I hope you find this all straightforward and agreeable, thanks."

Presumably you'd actually exchange details via PM. This would also explain why, if it had ever worked, there might not be a record of it on the public forum.
Original post by Not Amused
I've often seen these swap requests although I've never seen any evidence that they've ever successfully borne fruit. I'd be interested to know if anyone's ever managed to effect a swap in this way and I'm intrigued to know how that would work when dealing with chambers:

"Hello, is that Dreamset Chambers? This is Fred Bloggs here but my TSR friends call me PupHound21. I’m delighted that you’ve decided to interview me but unfortunately I can’t make the time of 10am. To make life as easy as possible for you I’ve found one my TSR friends on the forum who is prepared to swap with me. They are booked in at 3PM but they will see you at 10am in place of me and I will see you at 3pm in place of them. I can’t tell you their name unfortunately but I know them as YummyMummy123. They will be in contact with you to confirm this and will give you my alias (PupHound21) so you can match up the two requests. I hope you find this all straightforward and agreeable, thanks."

Just a quick request on the off chance someone might be able to help. It's surely better than cancelling a pupillage interview. Of course, if any kind applicants are able to assist please PM me.
Original post by hsthomas1
They said they would tell us by the end of next week, so try to put it out of your mind for now!

Re. 6KBW second round, I believe they had one last first interview last night so hopefully they should be able to tell us soon?!
Just a quick request on the off chance someone might be able to help. It's surely better than cancelling a pupillage interview. Of course, if any kind applicants are able to assist please PM me.

Don't be disheartened by my light-hearted take on tackling the logistics, it wasn't meant in any pejorative way. Good luck in finding a match, I hope you manage to get it sorted and well done for getting the IV in the first place :smile:.

On a serious note, you may wish to contact them sooner rather than later to explain that you may have a difficulty with that slot and that you are trying to sort it yourself. They may appreciate the early heads up and may have already heard from a potential suitor who has a similar problem with a slot which may be suitable to you. There's no right or wrong answer to this problem but that's food for thought - bon appetite :biggrin:
Reply 1427
1 Hare Court invites out by post
Original post by pupilpleaser
Re. 6KBW second round, I believe they had one last first interview last night so hopefully they should be able to tell us soon?!

I didn't know they were still even doing first round interviews at this stage! I assume they will tell us tomorrow or Friday? Some sets turn it around really quickly but I have no experience of 6KBW. I want them to put me out of my misery ASAP though!!
Original post by Rolyb
1 Hare Court invites out by post

Handwritten?.. 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received 1 Hare Court invite..not handwritten 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 St Andrews Hill gateway status change to 1st interview
Original post by broeoutinsong
Ahh okay. Thank you. Fingers are crossed we don't hear anything tonight then.

No. 1 is out!

Got wrong info on the phone.

Interview times are out.
Re: NO 1

I look forward to my rejection email tomorrow then.
Original post by Vivalasvegas2015
5 St Andrews Hill gateway status change to 1st interview

mine too, but I always feel sceptical until I receive an email... which I haven't yet
Hi

Does anyone have any experience of 2 round at 2KBW or first round Pump Court they could share please?
Is anyone else yet to hear from Pump Court? Some have interviews and some have been informed that they have been unsuccessful but my gateway still says 'applied' I'm not hopeful but just wondering if there's anyone else still waiting to hear...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi All,

I would agree with Not Not Amused - definitely call sooner rather than later.

Last year I had multiple clashes (I think the fates were mocking me) and I always operated on the basis that the sooner you call the better. I never had a proposed swap and chambers were still always really lovely when I had to ask to change. Often chambers build in extra slots specifically because of clashes. Plus, as Not Not Amused mentioned someone else might have called in asking to move.

They might not always be able to move you (like if they only have a certain number of slots al of which are full) but then you can always ask whether they would allow you to swap with another person of you found a person to swap with you. Generally, the chambers that couldn't move times didn't do it out of obstinacy but a genuine lack of time. After all they know that you're a good candidate so they won't be surprised or upset if you have another interview and they generally are really understanding that you're the one in a terrible but wonderful position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Legally Bronde
mine too, but I always feel sceptical until I receive an email... which I haven't yet

I have the same gateway change and feel exactly the same too. Will just have to hope an email arrives soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by legalbaker
I have the same gateway change and feel exactly the same too. Will just have to hope an email arrives soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you all post when you get the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending