The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I wanted to pound my fine Asian girlfriend but it was zina so I had to leave.

Now I'm in Heaven.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You have not answered the question. If God knows everything beforehand then he cannot be testing you because he already knows how you will react in every situation of your life and you only test someone if you don't know for sure what the result will be. Ergo if God is all-knowing he cannot be testing anyone.

Being the most recent does not at all mean it's the most reliable. Islam is just as nonsensical as Christianity and Judaism, making baseless claims and ludicrous comments about reality that are not supported by any evidence whatsoever.

God does not see time as we do God sees the past ,present and future in ways we cannot comprehend simple because we are humans and this stuff is greater then we can imagine I'm sure you can understand that since its a 'godly power'.

The test is not for God to know who believed in him or didn't but a test for us as a sign of mercy from God so we can enter paradise therefore if God knows the outcome then so be it . If Someone enters hell or heaven and God says i know this happened therefore deal with it we would have disbelief and feel how unjust God is.

God infact is merciful as he allows us earn paradise and prove that we earnt paradise,vice versa, if we enter hell we cannot argue or feel how God in unjust as we know we caused ourself our bad conclusion.
Your logic and reasoning is incoherent and all over the place. Let's go through this bit by bit, shall we?

Original post by Nuwfall
God does not see time as we do God sees the past ,present and future in ways we cannot comprehend simple because we are humans and this stuff is greater then we can imagine I'm sure you can understand that since its a 'godly power'.

This is a huge cop-out used by religious people when they are confronted with and cannot explain the obvious contradictions associated with causality. Simply saying "God is outside of space and time" is next to meaningless. What exactly do you mean by this and what are the theological implications of it?

Next, being outside of space and time has absolutely no effect on God's omniscience. He is supposed to be all-knowing whether he's outside of space and time or not. And as there was a time before he created the universe, he must have existed and still known what you would do in advance, proving life is not a test because he already knew what you would do in every instance of your life, meaning there was no doubt. You cannot surprise him in any way nor react in a fashion that he didn't already know so by this reason it is simply impossible for life to be a test.

Furthermore, predestination in Islam is one of the six articles of faith so it's not something you can just brush aside when you see that your argument is contradictory and illogical.

The test is not for God to know who believed in him or didn't but a test for us as a sign of mercy from God so we can enter paradise therefore if God knows the outcome then so be it.

Nonsense, I've seen this justification before and it doesn't cut the mustard. God is the one doing the judging therefore it is him doing the testing. It makes no sense to say the test is for us because we're not the ones going to judge ourselves, so your point is moot. What God knows in advance is what will occur and in this context there is no possibility for a test.

If Someone enters hell or heaven and God says i know this happened therefore deal with it we would have disbelief and feel how unjust God is.

That's the point, the concept of Allah is unjust, why do you think so many people don't believe in him? Because he's a horrible, vile character and makes no theological sense!

God infact is merciful as he allows us earn paradise and prove that we earnt paradise,vice versa, if we enter hell we cannot argue or feel how God in unjust as we know we caused ourself our bad conclusion.

We can argue all we like and not even your false god can stop us from doing that. Any deity that sends people to unbearable torture for not believing in him despite there being no evidence for his existence in the first place, is unjust, cruel, psychotic and deeply unpleasant.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nuwfall

I have pearsonaly researched many religions and if your brain functioned probably you would understand Islam,Christianity and Judaism are very similar. Islam talks about both yet they dont talk about Islam therefore Islam seems to be the most recent therefore most reliable.

Other faiths came after but the big 3 seem to crush them down. Baha'i is the first one that comes to my mind.

Im a student who is trying to achieve something in life not a scholar i can only do so much by giving you simple reasons why I and many others believe in God if you want the proof and complicated well constructed stuff go find a muslim scholar and talk to him not me a child within the eyes of society.

Sounds like a cop-out reply. If you're confident in your beliefs and you think yours is right, then you should be able to answer simple questions. Alternatively you could just say "I don't know" rather than hiding behind scholars. Say judgement day is real, would hide behind scholars in front of Allah too?
(Disclaimer: I don't believe in Allah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuwfall
Islam seems to be the most recent therefore most reliable.

i invented my own religion this morning

it is much more recent than Islam, therefore it is undoubtedly more reliable than Islam
Eating pork is worse than slavery, both will occur whether or not banned since it's 'human nature', but pork must be explicitly banned! (sarcasm) All justification on the matter of why slavery isn't explicitly banned in Quran is disgusting and barbaric.

I personally left due to what I saw as hypocrisy, lies, contradictions, divisions and above all the hatred caused by in group mentalities, amongst many other things.

Each to their own.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't believe in Islam or God because there is no understandable explanation for all the crap in the world.

Things that put innocent people in pain? What explanation does religion offer for things like starving children in Ethiopia? 'Ohh well God wants them with him in heaven', bullocks, what kind of selfish, inconsiderate reasoning.

God is preached as omnibenevolent, then what is the explanation for the colossal amount of pain he inflicts on all 'his beloved children'.
Original post by babymarima
I don't believe in Islam or God because there is no understandable explanation for all the crap in the world.

Things that put innocent people in pain? What explanation does religion offer for things like starving children in Ethiopia? 'Ohh well God wants them with him in heaven', bullocks, what kind of selfish, inconsiderate reasoning.

God is preached as omnibenevolent, then what is the explanation for the colossal amount of pain he inflicts on all 'his beloved children'.

Religious people will often give the callous "life is a test" response.
Also, if God is all-knowing, then he knows who will sin and what they will do even before these people are born. So why create those people, if God is the almighty creator, why create serial killers and child molesters.
And I know there'll be some God fanatics that will argue that we all make our own decisions and we all have free will, so it is humans' fault for the evil in the world. But if God is real, then he knew all the actions we would fulfil in the future. He knew Hitler was to kill millions of Jews, so why let those people be.

We already know humans are imperfect and sometimes humans are born with mental illnesses. My question is why? Why was all that necessary? Create a perfect human and a perfect world and be done with it.

If there is a God, what kind of God is he?
Original post by Rafia Mafia
chat ****

Whatever
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Religious people will often give the callous "life is a test" response.

God, this f*cking argument. WHY MUST LIFE BE A TEST? FOR WHAT REASON?

So God can sit back and laugh and see everything occur just as he knew it was going to occur.

The thing is right, people believe that God wants to see who will carry their faith through life and who will abandon it and sin. But are these people forgetting that God is not just watching us all live like some rugby game, seeing who is going to fall off the track of religion and who won't.

It's not like he's shocked and surprised when someone suddenly takes a turn for the worst and starts killing people.
HE KNOWS BEFORE WE ARE BORN IF WE ARE TO SIN OR NOT.
And if we are to sin, THEN HE KNOWS HE'S GOING TO PUNISH US AND SEND US TO HELL.

So let me put this in simple terms - God creates humans that he knows will sin, thus he has the knowledge that he will eventually send them to hell.
SO why goddamn create this person in the first place like wtf is God on
God, this f*cking argument. WHY MUST LIFE BE A TEST? FOR WHAT REASON?

So God can sit back and laugh and see everything occur just as he knew it was going to occur.

The thing is right, people believe that God wants to see who will carry their faith through life and who will abandon it and sin. But are these people forgetting that God is not just watching us all live like some rugby game, seeing who is going to fall off the track of religion and who won't.

It's not like he's shocked and surprised when someone suddenly takes a turn for the worst and starts killing people.
HE KNOWS BEFORE WE ARE BORN IF WE ARE TO SIN OR NOT.
And if we are to sin, THEN HE KNOWS HE'S GOING TO PUNISH US AND SEND US TO HELL.

So let me put this in simple terms - God creates humans that he knows will sin, thus he has the knowledge that he will eventually send them to hell.
SO why goddamn create this person in the first place like wtf is God on

Exactly, which is why life being a test makes absolutely no sense at all if God is all-knowing.
Original post by macsalaama
Other faiths came after but the big 3 seem to crush them down. Baha'i is the first one that comes to my mind.

Sounds like a cop-out reply. If you're confident in your beliefs and you think yours is right, then you should be able to answer simple questions. Alternatively you could just say "I don't know" rather than hiding behind scholars. Say judgement day is real, would hide behind scholars in front of Allah too?
(Disclaimer: I don't believe in Allah)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive been answering his questions it got to the point where the people here dont want to learn they come state there opinion and think its the absolute fact.
Original post by TelAviv
i invented my own religion this morning

it is much more recent than Islam, therefore it is undoubtedly more reliable than Islam

;D nice one , if you read we are talking about the similar religions and why Islam is the one not Christianity , my point was it came more recent and explained why the other religions are at fault ,simply put. Nice one have fun worshipping what ever you new religion says.
Original post by Nuwfall
Ive been answering his questions it got to the point where the people here dont want to learn they come state there opinion and think its the absolute fact.

Aren't you doing the same though? Be honest, have you tried stepping out of your own mindset and tried to see how and why those with opposing views see things differently?

Also, you mentioned Islam came after Christianity and Judaism to explain away their flaws and, as the newer religion among the 3, it seems to be to right one to you. But there have been religions even after Islam that try to do the same (Baha'i Faith is one), based on that logic you should find the actual newest one. Just a thought...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are there starving people in Ethiopia, if people were to give food to them, and rich countries were to come in and help them out a bit, then they wouldn't be starving.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are there starving people in Ethiopia, if people were to give food to them, and rich countries were to come in and help them out a bit, then they wouldn't be starving.
There's enough food on this earth to feed 2 earths.
We have people that go to restaurants and buy such expensive food, and there's people with no food as well as people who waste food.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
The Evil and Suffering argument is pretty weak though.
Original post by Nuwfall
;D nice one , if you read we are talking about the similar religions and why Islam is the one not Christianity , my point was it came more recent and explained why the other religions are at fault ,simply put. Nice one have fun worshipping what ever you new religion says.

Nonsense. Of course Muhammad was going to say the others are wrong to try and bolster Islam's legitimacy but ultimately this means nothing because it's just the subjective interpretation of scripture. Just as you say the other religions are wrong, Christians will say Islam is false for example.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cobalt_
yeh

can you tell me the base principles of atheism

Latest

Trending

Trending