I got 72 UMS in Unit 1 and 76 UMS in Unit 2
Reply 241
Original post by Thebeast97
I got 72 UMS in Unit 1 and 76 UMS in Unit 2

Kinda high lol
What you hoping for
What you doing for A2?
Original post by antigone-
Strong governments are more likely to effectively put forward their manifesto and uphold promises they made to the electorate. Weak governments (e.g. coalitions arguably) will be less likely to legislate effectively because there is conflict of opinion and other such debates.
also could mention unlikely to fall apart and trigger another election which is a good thing.
Original post by antigone-
It is used in Northern Irish by-elections and we had the 2011 AV referendum so it's worth learning. Maybe not a question on it but it is a factor you could include in an answer.[/QUO
could mention it as an option for when talking about reforming the Westminster electoral system.
Original post by xxvine
Kinda high lol
What you hoping for
What you doing for A2?

Of course i would love an A overall, but if i was offered a B now I would 100% take it :smile:

I'm doing unit 3D and unit 4D for A2 Politics. I've done quite a bit of revision for unit 3, but barely any for unit 4 yet :/
Predictions for Democracy and participation.
5 maker outline how devolution affects democracy in the UK never come up but on the syllabus.
10 maker is the UK a liberal democracy ( also never come up. Doubt it but could come up as a 20 maker. lowering voting age arguments against never come up
25 maker advantages and disadvantages of referendums. or does the UK suffer from a participation crisis which has not come up since June 2011

Elections.
5 marker on working of AMS or supplementary vote block votes or if feeling nice FPTP all never come up.
10 marker advantages of PR never come up or possibly could be a question on party system.
25 marker explain how electoral systems in UK produce different outcomes.
Hope this helps and am right.
Original post by awd1998
5 maker outline how devolution affects democracy in the UK never come up but on the syllabus.
10 maker is the UK a liberal democracy ( also never come up. Doubt it but could come up as a 20 maker. lowering voting age arguments against never come up
25 maker advantages and disadvantages of referendums. or does the UK suffer from a participation crisis which has not come up since June 2011

Elections.
5 marker on working of AMS or supplementary vote block votes or if feeling nice FPTP all never come up.
10 marker advantages of PR never come up or possibly could be a question on party system.

I think that's probably quite accurate, except the Democracy 5 marker. Probably going to be on direct or representative democracy I think but could be anything.
Which of the four topics (Democracy and Political Participation, Party Policies and Ideas, Elections, Pressure Groups) for Unit 1 are easiest/ most useful to learn? Plan to exclude one from my revision.
I am struggling, I am trying to revise but I just keep worrying and then ending up not getting anything done :frown:
Original post by Sarpedon
Which of the four topics (Democracy and Political Participation, Party Policies and Ideas, Elections, Pressure Groups) for Unit 1 are easiest/ most useful to learn? Plan to exclude one from my revision.

Democracy is the easiest unit in the exam by far, then if you can be asked to learn the 6 electoral systems it would be followed by elections- Revise these.
PGs and Parties are the more content heavy ones which require more up to date examples, so it's which one you would find more interesting to learn out of those 2?
IMO- Parties is more interesting, PGs is just dull
Original post by Sarpedon

don't do party policies and ideas. My dad is a politics teacher and said it is the easiest to get a low mark because very easy to be vague and especially as you need to be up to date it is very hard to know the labour policy as there manifesto is now out of date as Corbyn does not believe in half that stuff. Also parties not interested in policy that much at moment more about Eu referendum as seen by lack of policy in queens speech.
Reply 251
Original post by awd1998

Elections.

What would be the arguments for the 25 markers
Can we all share answers?
Original post by con.brown
Democracy is the easiest unit in the exam by far, then if you can be asked to learn the 6 electoral systems it would be followed by elections- Revise these.
PGs and Parties are the more content heavy ones which require more up to date examples, so it's which one you would find more interesting to learn out of those 2?
IMO- Parties is more interesting, PGs is just dull

Original post by awd1998
don't do party policies and ideas. My dad is a politics teacher and said it is the easiest to get a low mark because very easy to be vague and especially as you need to be up to date it is very hard to know the labour policy as there manifesto is now out of date as Corbyn does not believe in half that stuff. Also parties not interested in policy that much at moment more about Eu referendum as seen by lack of policy in queens speech.

Thank you both. I think I shall take the latter advice and exclude Party Policies and Ideas. I agree that the Pressure Groups topic looks dull, but don't they all? It is the lesser evil.
so we all have to write super fast right? do any of you have pen recommendations? i used to use a ball point pen but that made my hand get tired so fast and i really can't have that slowing me down.
Original post by lilavocado
so we all have to write super fast right? do any of you have pen recommendations? i used to use a ball point pen but that made my hand get tired so fast and i really can't have that slowing me down.

I don't think ballpoint pens are the issue... I think it's the type that you are using? Some of them aren't very inky, so consider trying a different manufacturer.
if i talk about one nation conservatism do i have to give policies from the past like before Thatcher? or can i give Cameron's one nation policies? help please and thanks
Does anyone have / know where to find a list of contemporary examples for each topic
Original post by Pokémontrainer
I don't think ballpoint pens are the issue... I think it's the type that you are using? Some of them aren't very inky, so consider trying a different manufacturer.

yup, gonna get some new pens this weekend. what brand do you use? :smile:
My strategy is watching all the videos from pre-chewed politics (what a God-send of a site) and then going over my cards and then looking through the chapter of the textbook. Then I'm going to try and answer some past paper questions on that chapter.
hey what are your predictions for parties and PGS??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending