The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F585 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lostrider
Hey guys, I've compiled a list of all the question i think may come up for extract 1 (i've used gconomics, econplusdal, apt and my own little mind)

what is meant by globalisation (2 or 4mrks)
what is meant by FDI (2)
what is meant by trade barrier (2)
state and explain 2 indicators of globalisation/ factors promoting globalisation (4)
distinguish between absolute and comparative advantage (4)
what is meant by MNC (2)
explain why trade as a percentage of GDP may change (4)
analyse the consequences of FDI (4 or 6 marks)
analyse how reduction in trade barriers can increase whorl trade (6)
analyse the effects of international trade (6)
what is meant by protectionism (2)
analyse 2 consequences of globalisation (4 or 6 marks)

Please let me know what you guys think, and should i do this for the other extracts?

You Legend, please do!!
Original post by Berke0
Yea I got some bro

Mind Sharing? Finding it hard to revise for transport as I find it soo boring
Reply 202
Hey guys, I've compiled a list of all the question i think may come up for extract 1 (i've used gconomics, econplusdal, apt and my own little mind)

what is meant by globalisation (2 or 4mrks)
what is meant by FDI (2)
what is meant by trade barrier (2)
state and explain 2 indicators of globalisation/ factors promoting globalisation (4)
distinguish between absolute and comparative advantage (4)
what is meant by MNC (2)
explain why trade as a percentage of GDP may change (4)
analyse the consequences of FDI (4 or 6 marks)
analyse how reduction in trade barriers can increase whorl trade (6)
analyse the effects of international trade (6)
what is meant by protectionism (2)
analyse 2 consequences of globalisation (4 or 6 marks)

Please let me know what you guys think, and should i do this for the other extracts?

Yes please. Looks very helpful
Reply 203
Original post by Ukhti18
Mind Sharing? Finding it hard to revise for transport as I find it soo boring

Yea ok send me ur email
Original post by Berke0
Yea ok send me ur email

Yeah I private messaged you
In terms of BOP for extract 2 do I need to revise the financial and capital account too or just the current account?
Original post by Ukhti18
In terms of BOP for extract 2 do I need to revise the financial and capital account too or just the current account?

I think you'll need to know what both of them are too. there could be a question on how the USA is able to deal with its current account deficit, and the answer would be around the fact they have a huge surplus on their financial account on the balance of payments
Extract 2 Likely Questions
for this extract I think you'll need to know what the current account is and what is meant by current account imbalance.

Analyse how china and the USA are dealing with the current account imbalance (6)
Analyse why 'savings from poor countries have flooded into the USA' (6)
Explain/analyse why USA's current account deficit fell during the financial crisis 2008-09 (as shown on fig 2.1) (4 or 6 marks)
*Analyse two reasons why changes in the effective exchange rate failed to have 'their expected impact on the US current account (6) or *Comment on whether weaker exchange rates (like the US) will always rectify current account imbalances in the form of a current account deficit (10) (one of these two will come up I reckon)
Explain why a depreciation is expected to current a current account deficit or surplus (4)
Analyse the economic fundamentals that determine exchange rates (6)
Comment on the case for allowing exchange rates to flow freely (10)

obviously some questions are more like than others
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Berke0
Yea I got some bro

Could you please send me these?

Thank you so much!
Original post by manik95
We're already working on it on Facebook chat and there's a google document being made with all ATP questions you can join if you want.

Can I please join the google document? Thank you!
Reply 210
Original post by Rachaellllll
Could you please send me these?

Thank you so much!

Yea send me email
Reply 211
Yo uhkti how do I send loads of photos at once over PM
Original post by Berke0
Yo uhkti how do I send loads of photos at once over PM

ya himaar u must email them. TSR PM doesnt allow for attachments
(edited 7 years ago)
Extract 2 Likely Questions
for this extract I think you'll need to know what the current account is and what is meant by current account imbalance.

Analyse how china and the USA are dealing with the current account imbalance (6)
Analyse why 'savings from poor countries have flooded into the USA' (6)
Explain/analyse why USA's current account deficit fell during the financial crisis 2008-09 (as shown on fig 2.1) (4 or 6 marks)
*Analyse two reasons why changes in the effective exchange rate failed to have 'their expected impact on the US current account (6) or *Comment on whether weaker exchange rates (like the US':wink: will always rectify current account imbalances in the form of a current account deficit (10) (one of these two will come up I reckon)
Explain why a depreciation is expected to current a current account deficit or surplus (4)
Analyse the economic fundamentals that determine exchange rates (6)
Comment on the case for allowing exchange rates to flow freely (10)

obviously some questions are more like than others

Hey. just gonna do a revision. gonna exclude some q's which i think seem unlikely
1)Explain/analyse why USA's current account deficit fell during the financial crisis 2008-09 (as shown on fig 2.1) (4 or 6 marks)
2)*Analyse two reasons why changes in the effective exchange rate failed to have 'their expected impact on the US current account (6) or *Comment on whether weaker exchange rates (like the US':wink: will always rectify current account imbalances in the form of a current account deficit (10)(one of these two will come up I reckon)
3)Explain why a depreciation is expected to reduce a current account deficit (4)
4)Analyse the economic fundamentals that determine exchange rates (6)
5)Comment on the case for allowing exchange rates to flow freely (10)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rachaellllll
Can I please join the google document? Thank you!

can i see the google doc please?ty
I'm making notes on f584 following the specification on a google doc, if anyone wants to help out here you go: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xozIdFgSPtwDMBHLx7ML2dg5NxKdbPaqNHDzCTcpyjY/edit?usp=sharingI am just using the electronic text book at the moment but plan on going back through using my own notes and powerpoints from school and then maybe adding example past questions that are relevant to each point from the spec.
can i see the f585 google doc?
can is see the f585 google doc too please?

and can i be added on the facebook group too?
What's the Facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by starwarsjedi123
Hey. just gonna do a revision. gonna exclude some q's which i think seem unlikely
1)Explain/analyse why USA's current account deficit fell during the financial crisis 2008-09 (as shown on fig 2.1) (4 or 6 marks)
2)*Analyse two reasons why changes in the effective exchange rate failed to have 'their expected impact on the US current account (6) or *Comment on whether weaker exchange rates (like the US':wink: will always rectify current account imbalances in the form of a current account deficit (10)(one of these two will come up I reckon)
3)Explain why a depreciation is expected to reduce a current account deficit (4)
4)Analyse the economic fundamentals that determine exchange rates (6)
5)Comment on the case for allowing exchange rates to flow freely (10)

Thank you it looks a lot more clearly now

Just wondering do you think one of the two options for question 2 (mentioned above) are likely to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending