The Student Room Group

Depression is grabbing me

I cry all the time, I used to do some self harming too. I'm feeling proper depressed and I want to talk to someone about it too. But I'm kinda scared to face it. I'd love to consult a doctor but if he diagnose me with depression, all my dreams will be crushed. I want to join the army eventually so the fact that I've been diagnosed with depression will always be there on my records and army people don't like that. I don't know what to do because I do want some help but I can't get any because of this. I'm helpless.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I cry all the time, I used to do some self harming too. I'm feeling proper depressed and I want to talk to someone about it too. But I'm kinda scared to face it. I'd love to consult a doctor but if he diagnose me with depression, all my dreams will be crushed. I want to join the army eventually so the fact that I've been diagnosed with depression will always be there on my records and army people don't like that. I don't know what to do because I do want some help but I can't get any because of this. I'm helpless.

That kind of information is not safe between Doctor - Patient?

I always belived it was.

Anyway, without a doctors view on that, if I were you I would try to go out more, walk in green spaces, listen to positive music, meet with new people, etc.
Find NHS, there is lots of resources and hotline for you. Depression is not a life long thing, its very likely that you will get well with suitable support. Such as social worker and teachers, parents and friends that knows you, they can face it together with you.

Latest

Trending

Trending