The Student Room Group

integration of geometric functions

Hi guys,
I'm going through some of the examples of integration of geometric functions, in one which i've attached you here the question asked to simplify your final answer using logarithm laws. The way that the text book did i don't quite understand but i also did it my self and i just want to know if i did it right and there's no different between the way i did in comparison with the text book way. thanks guys
Reply 1
Original post by Alen.m
Hi guys,
I'm going through some of the examples of integration of geometric functions, in one which i've attached you here the question asked to simplify your final answer using logarithm laws. The way that the text book did i don't quite understand but i also did it my self and i just want to know if i did it right and there's no different between the way i did in comparison with the text book way. thanks guys

It's fine.
Yep you can let c=lnk or c=-lnk and use the appropriate log rule. Not quite sure why you wrote =0.68?
Reply 3
Original post by Math12345
Yep you can let c=lnk or c=-lnk and use the appropriate log rule. Not quite sure why you wrote =0.68?

I was just trying to make sure that the exact value would come out the same in both ways by having a value for k and x but in the text bok way the exact value would come out negative which made the confusion

Quick Reply

Latest