The Student Room Group

Help, 4 exams in one day, 3 at same time

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zarahades
I feel so sorry for you, I only have three, basically all the same except Geography. Good luck! By the way,what are you using for your Computing revision as I'm struggling.

Thanks, I appreciate it , good luck to you too.

For computing, I borrowed a book from my Library entitled "OCR Computing for GCSE", and it then says "A451- Computer Systems and Programming Revision Guide" , However I haven't really used it as I feel like it blabbers on to much, instead or concise points. Oh and it's by Alan Milosevic and Dorothy Williams, my old computing teacher funnily enough.

I don't know what i am saying here, but A451 is the exam part, i'm not sure if there are other exams for computing OCR that you could be given.

Thank you!
Original post by 1OOREDAIOO1
Thanks, I appreciate it , good luck to you too.

For computing, I borrowed a book from my Library entitled "OCR Computing for GCSE", and it then says "A451- Computer Systems and Programming Revision Guide" , However I haven't really used it as I feel like it blabbers on to much, instead or concise points. Oh and it's by Alan Milosevic and Dorothy Williams, my old computing teacher funnily enough.

I don't know what i am saying here, but A451 is the exam part, i'm not sure if there are other exams for computing OCR that you could be given.

Thank you!

I have that book, but again it uses so much information so then I bought the note version. To be fair I did actually revise for the mocks for this, and somehow I got an E, which of course I was upset about so I'm confused, like I got A* in both my courseworks, and well I just want to at least get an A or B even for this exam,I just don't know how.
don't worry, 'isolation' or quarantine isn't that bad
in my quarantine i was allowed to revise, just not allowed phones or contact with the outer world
Thank you, you are the first person to state some sort of source of their information here, which helps.

One thing, what do you mean by "days of isolation"? - That they stay at school?

Thanks again.

No no don't worry its usually only a few hours. By that I meant days where they have had isolation. For them it worked like this they did whatever exam they had first, then they had a break where they sit with the invigilators without access to their phones or the internet so they can't cheat then they go and do their second exam.
Original post by niv1234
No no don't worry its usually only a few hours. By that I meant days where they have had isolation. For them it worked like this they did whatever exam they had first, then they had a break where they sit with the invigilators without access to their phones or the internet so they can't cheat then they go and do their second exam.

Thank you so much, I understand now.

ALL IS WELL.......kinda
Original post by k.m.b
don't worry, 'isolation' or quarantine isn't that bad
in my quarantine i was allowed to revise, just not allowed phones or contact with the outer world

Thank you, I guess I will bring my revision books with me then.
I have that book, but again it uses so much information so then I bought the note version. To be fair I did actually revise for the mocks for this, and somehow I got an E, which of course I was upset about so I'm confused, like I got A* in both my courseworks, and well I just want to at least get an A or B even for this exam,I just don't know how.

Note version? Mind to share with me what that is? That's unfortunate, but remember, the coursework is 60% of your overall grade, so that will help you a lot when it comes to the addition of the marks between the exam and the coursework. I also got A* in my first coursework, I think it was 40 or 41, but my Computing teacher decided to leave before we got to finish the second coursework, and it is getting very hard trying to improve the work due to him not having the capability to respond to my messages quickly enough, and even though the coursework deadline has been extended, i'm pretty sure it wasn't by much.

Anyways, I'd like to say thanks for your help and i wish you good luck in your exam!
Not sure, haha.

If you're implying tho that this will be "dead" hard for me, you are wrong.

Nope, I'm implying you're going to be dead by the end of this
Note version? Mind to share with me what that is? That's unfortunate, but remember, the coursework is 60% of your overall grade, so that will help you a lot when it comes to the addition of the marks between the exam and the coursework. I also got A* in my first coursework, I think it was 40 or 41, but my Computing teacher decided to leave before we got to finish the second coursework, and it is getting very hard trying to improve the work due to him not having the capability to respond to my messages quickly enough, and even though the coursework deadline has been extended, i'm pretty sure it wasn't by much.

Anyways, I'd like to say thanks for your help and i wish you good luck in your exam!

https://wordery.com/my-revision-notes-edexcel-gcse-computer-science-steve-cushing-9781471841125?currency=GBP&gtrck=R3lGc3k4V1hPcFZWMUtRc0tVMjUvWithSW4rMkVqN29JR1RhUFJHekkwdmVKdzhyQlFXSnB4b0tPQ2w2Vktmbi8wQjZxbVczdVZiZ2MyYitDMG9sU1E9PQ&gclid=CIG3p825h80CFWcq0wodG98Geg

This version and I see,I'm sorry about that! I don't even know how to revise for German, we only just recently finished off coursework because a teacher left and so we got another one in year 11 only to realise we didn't learn anything in year 10, everyone's predicted an F or U which is pointless as no one can drop it, surprisingly I'm predicted a B at least, foundation in listening,somehow higher in reading. Got two B's , 1 A and 1 A* I think in my courseworks, or at least I got 45/60 on the UMS apparently
Reply 29
Hello, I have a question, and I didn't really know who to ask it to, I thought that you guys may be of help. I have a German Listening and speaking exam ( One 45 mins and the other 50 by AQA) which both start at 9:00 along with my Computing exam (90mins by OCR) which also starts at 9:00. After this, I have a Geography exam that lasts 90 mins with AQA starting at 1:30. This is a total of 4 hours and 25 minutes of exams, meaning I will get no lunch or break between the exams, as it will go over the school hours. If I do these exams back to back i will finish at 2:05.

Could you guys tell me what is going to happen, from what I have seen on the internet people are put in isolation or sent to Teachers homes. Is there any possible way that the exam could be delayed to another day, or that I am given another exam on another day, or even if they were to take my mock grade instead?

Thank you.

Wow, i have the exact same issue. Ive been told that i have to stay in isolation over lunchtime after the German exams, then do the computing and geography exams back to back in the afternoon. Will be fun...:colonhash:
Original post by The_JoKeR
Nope, I'm implying you're going to be dead by the end of this

Haha! probably yeah. On top of that I have a maths exam the next day
https://wordery.com/my-revision-notes-edexcel-gcse-computer-science-steve-cushing-9781471841125?currency=GBP&gtrck=R3lGc3k4V1hPcFZWMUtRc0tVMjUvWithSW4rMkVqN29JR1RhUFJHekkwdmVKdzhyQlFXSnB4b0tPQ2w2Vktmbi8wQjZxbVczdVZiZ2MyYitDMG9sU1E9PQ&gclid=CIG3p825h80CFWcq0wodG98Geg

This version and I see,I'm sorry about that! I don't even know how to revise for German, we only just recently finished off coursework because a teacher left and so we got another one in year 11 only to realise we didn't learn anything in year 10, everyone's predicted an F or U which is pointless as no one can drop it, surprisingly I'm predicted a B at least, foundation in listening,somehow higher in reading. Got two B's , 1 A and 1 A* I think in my courseworks, or at least I got 45/60 on the UMS apparently

That is so annoying, I don't understand why schools allow teachers to leave during times when pupils are in their GCSE's.... Can't they hire someone before the teacher leaves at the very least?!?!

I'm not sure if you were trying to say this but the guide is from Edexcel and not OCR.

That is some good coursework grades..... I still have not got my writing grade yet, but so far i got 1 mark off an A* in the first speaking, and then i got the exact mark needed for an A* on the second. Unfortunately it only added up to A, but whatever..... I don't know how well i did on the writing probably bad as my teacher decided to help everyone else but me :smile: .

Also if you take Edexcel maths, we have a paper tomorrow. And then after that i have Biology AQA. TWO OF THEM FFS. All in one day. The first half of my GCSE's were so chilled and relaxed, and now they have started to jam everything into 1 day why ?!?!?!?1
I am in the very same position haha although my German exams are edexcel. What is happening in my school is that I think we have our German exam first. Then we are in isolation and then we do our computing exam at 1:30 whilst others do geography. After that we have a 10 minute break until our geography exam at 3:10. Hope this helps
Dude, you need to use a Time-Turner.
Oh wait...
Reply 34
Original post by Shadowriter
I am in the very same position haha although my German exams are edexcel. What is happening in my school is that I think we have our German exam first. Then we are in isolation and then we do our computing exam at 1:30 whilst others do geography. After that we have a 10 minute break until our geography exam at 3:10. Hope this helps

I think i am doing that as well, but with AQA German.
awh the repeated posts were deleted so it just looks like I'm spouting nonsense :3
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
awh the repeated posts were deleted so it just looks like I'm spouting nonsense :3

You were anyway.
You were anyway.

It made sense at the time :unimpressed:

Spoiler

Hello, I have a question, and I didn't really know who to ask it to, I thought that you guys may be of help. I have a German Listening and speaking exam ( One 45 mins and the other 50 by AQA) which both start at 9:00 along with my Computing exam (90mins by OCR) which also starts at 9:00. After this, I have a Geography exam that lasts 90 mins with AQA starting at 1:30. This is a total of 4 hours and 25 minutes of exams, meaning I will get no lunch or break between the exams, as it will go over the school hours. If I do these exams back to back i will finish at 2:05.

Could you guys tell me what is going to happen, from what I have seen on the internet people are put in isolation or sent to Teachers homes. Is there any possible way that the exam could be delayed to another day, or that I am given another exam on another day, or even if they were to take my mock grade instead?

Thank you.

Although your situation sounds bad, think of the positives.

You can ask to go to the toilet, go to a cubicle, whip your phone out and find out the questions that appeared on a certain exam and boom! you got yourself an A*
Original post by Socychoictraphy
Although your situation sounds bad, think of the positives.

You can ask to go to the toilet, go to a cubicle, whip your phone out and find out the questions that appeared on a certain exam and boom! you got yourself an A*

haha i get your logic, but do you really think they would have uploaded a unofficial mark scheme on here in less than 10 mins break i have between each exam? I have no idea how long the isolation will be so :k:

Quick Reply

Latest