The Student Room Group

What if you keep getting rejected by student finance a cannot afford to go to uni

I am posting this in favour of my friend because I can't stand to see her get upset and angry over this anymore.

My friend applied for student finance as soon as she heard back from her university. 3 and half months, 6 phone calls, several emails and letters later she is still having trouble getting the money she NEEDS (emphasis on the need) to pay for her accomodation. Her step dad owns a company fleet car and student finance refuse to accept that he DOES NOT recieve any extra money with this car as he pays for it himself and it comes straight out of his wage before he even sees the money. They have sent student finance P60's, wage slips (both covering the past 3 years), letters from his boss and other things. Today she heard that they are still refusing to give her the money and her parents do not earn enough to pay anything except living expenses.

Is there ANYTHING she could do? The university she is applying to only has one bursury available to her that only 5 people are able to get. I would be grateful with whatever advice you could give, thank you
Have student finance explained their decision?
Reply 2
Yeah, the first problem was something to do with an M1 on his P60 which was put there by the tax office so her step dad rang up to explain it and they asked for a letter from his boss so he sent that and now theyre saying they want something from 2014-2015 but he already sent all the stuff concerning those dates

Original post by Tiger Rag
Have student finance explained their decision?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending