The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LegalLab
Is anyone else yet to hear from Pump Court? Some have interviews and some have been informed that they have been unsuccessful but my gateway still says 'applied' I'm not hopeful but just wondering if there's anyone else still waiting to hear...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still applied too...
Original post by Legally Bronde
I'm still applied too...

Mine still says applied too. I've not heard of anyone with an unsuccessful...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Barelylegalz
Mine still says applied too. I've not heard of anyone with an unsuccessful...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither...
My 5SAH has not changed so methinks it's probably a rejection for me.
Me neither...

Makes me think applied is a rejection by silence from Pump Court

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me neither...

Reading back I think I may have got mixed up with the fellowship responses and non-fellowship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Barelylegalz
Makes me think applied is a rejection by silence from Pump Court

Posted from TSR Mobile

If so that's both my 2KBW and Pump Court apps rejected by silence. I can't help but feel its much worse when a gateway set does that as surely it's just a matter of pressing a button, by far the most frustrating part of the process!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1447
Mine too on 5SAH, holding out a naive hope they do it in batches but seems unlikely!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LawMe
Mine too on 5SAH, holding out a naive hope they do it in batches but seems unlikely!

I've already moved it to my "unsuccessful" folder. Gutted, I had a mini there and really liked the chambers.
At least we have each other!
Original post by Powertothepupil
I've already moved it to my "unsuccessful" folder. Gutted, I had a mini there and really liked the chambers.

I'm refusing to believe that it's over until people confirm they have emails for the interviews.

They might have done a load, stopped for dinner and then be planning on finishing then sending the emails out with how to book slots. Until people can book interviews it's not over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1451
Original post by Hopefully1234
I'm refusing to believe that it's over until people confirm they have emails for the interviews.

They might have done a load, stopped for dinner and then be planning on finishing then sending the emails out with how to book slots. Until people can book interviews it's not over!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Powertothepupil

My head is saying take Powertothepupil's approach but my heart wants to believe Hopefully1234!

Does anyone know from previous experience if the reject by silence/reject by lack of gateway change from their previous experience?
Original post by LawMe
My head is saying take Powertothepupil's approach but my heart wants to believe Hopefully1234!

Does anyone know from previous experience if the reject by silence/reject by lack of gateway change from their previous experience?

My experience is that rejections tend to be sent a few days after the interviews get sent out. Nevertheless, I admire your optimism guys!
Original post by LawMe

I got down to the last two last year. Come outcome day - heard nothing, then it was the weekend...still nothing no change....Gateway still says second round interview booked.....

Eventually discovered was second place for one job, by the person who got it!
Original post by LawMe

My application from last year still says Applied, so I think it's by lack of gateway change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1455
Original post by Boomerang-Pup
I got down to the last two last year. Come outcome day - heard nothing, then it was the weekend...still nothing no change....Gateway still says second round interview booked.....

Eventually discovered was second place for one job, by the person who got it!

Original post by legalbaker
My application from last year still says Applied, so I think it's by lack of gateway change.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks both, sounds like they aren't likely to bother changing the gateway :frown: Hope is slowly dwindling ....

Legalbaker, congrats on the interview this year though! Its comforting to know they don't hold previous unsuccessful applications against you!
Has anyone heard from 39 Essex Chambers yet? Or 1COR London?
Anyone got experience of second round interview at No.1 High Pavement (Nottingham)

Please PM me.
Original post by LawMe
Thanks both, sounds like they aren't likely to bother changing the gateway :frown: Hope is slowly dwindling ....

Legalbaker, congrats on the interview this year though! Its comforting to know they don't hold previous unsuccessful applications against you!

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frosty321
Has anyone heard from 39 Essex Chambers yet? Or 1COR London?

Nothing yet on 1COR London.

Quick Reply