The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A-LJLB
IDA should be at the end.... Makes for a well structured essay

That could work but I prefer to embed my IDA with the studies.
Original post by toetothunder
Thank you!, thats slightly clearer now :smile: Can I link IDA's to studies? for example hay et al found that people get as much pleasure from giving as they do receiving in a relationship. Can I link this to the rewards needs theory being simplistic/reductionist?

Yeah, thats what I did also

EDIT: actually I linked that with determinism but reductionism is fine also
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mesosleepy
I don't think 1 study is enough

can i pm you part of my essay where I've done this?
Original post by Hihihi123
can i pm you part of my essay where I've done this?

Yeah, send it
Reply 1364
To the people doing gender:

If a question comes up on Gender Dysphoria, will they ever specifically ask for "psychosocial explanations" or "biological explanations"? Or will they always just ask for any explanations of GD? I think there's enough content for them to ask the two separately, but at the same time, it means we've gotta be prepared for both, which increases the workload.
Original post by Kitty201322
Any bloody predictions for anything!?!? No kne even replies on this bs

Calm down. Predictions have been posted.
Reply 1366
Is there a high chance of the gender dysphoria social influence gender schema theory and kohkbergs cognitive development theory coming up

I personally think there is a high chance of one of the cognitive development theories coming up. I hope they do.
Original post by Im130
I personally think there is a high chance of one of the cognitive development theories coming up. I hope they do.

Is it worth going over which one do you think is more likely:smile:
Reply 1368
Is it worth going over which one do you think is more likely:smile:

Well i noticed gender schema is a popular choice for AQA. Since 2011, they've already thrown it in as an A01+A02 question 3 times, and two of those times were full 24 mark essays. That could make you think they'd want to do it again this year, or it could make you think they've put it in too much and won't be doing it again for this specification. I'd say it's worth knowing, though.

As for Kholberg's theory, it was last done 2 papers ago and I don't think AQA would shy away from doing it as an 8 mark Q. And it's worth knowing Kholberg's theory since it's quite easy to get A01 marks. Just remember the three stages and what his main point is--knowing the evaluation isn't much harder either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Im130
Well i noticed gender schema is a popular choice for AQA. Since 2011, they've already thrown it in as an A01+A02 question 3 times, and two of those times were full 24 mark essays. That could make you think they'd want to do it again this year, or it could make you think they've put it in too much and won't be doing it again for this specification. I'd say it's worth knowing, though.

As for Kholberg's theory, it was last done 2 papers ago and I don't think AQA would shy away from doing it as an 8 mark Q. And it's worth knowing Kholberg's theory since it's quite easy to get A01 marks. Just remember the three stages and what his main point is--knowing the evaluation isn't much harder either.

Alright thankyou ill just go over it just to be on the safe side and how about gender dysphoria is that likely
Theres so much to learn
Original post by Im130

Cognitive development like Kohlberg?
Reply 1371
Alright thankyou ill just go over it just to be on the safe side and how about gender dysphoria is that likely
Theres so much to learn

Yeah it's quite hard to say exactly which ones will come up lol, but I don't see why it couldn't be gender dysphoria either. So yeah, i'm studying almost all of them and just briefly knowing the ones that came up last year in case they come up as 4 markers or 8 markers.

Original post by Marli-Ruth
Cognitive development like Kohlberg?

Yeah cognitive development includes Kholberg, but it also includes Gender schema theory. They're both "cognitive development theories of gender development". The official title of Kholbarg's theory is "Gender Constancy Theory"
Does anyone have any essay plans for the cognitive development topic, it's my worst area and I hate all the essays I have written especially for child's sense of self :frown:
anyone worried about their exams??
Theres so much to learn

I think in my opinion, gender dysphoria would become an 4+8
Can anyone tell me how to integrate gender dysphoria into the biosocial approach to gender development essay please?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Hi it seems no one has made a thread for the AQA 2016 psychology i could only find the 2015 one, and the 2016 OCR one, so i thought ill make one.

Psychology 2015 grades

AS grade B
A2 predicted A

for unit 3 i'm doing sleep relationships and aggression for unit 4 addiction depression and research methods.

Feel free to ask any questions

have you got a Relationship breakdown essay my friend could have??
has anyone got a Relationship breakdown essay i could give to my friend??
Original post by Im130
Yeah it's quite hard to say exactly which ones will come up lol, but I don't see why it couldn't be gender dysphoria either. So yeah, i'm studying almost all of them and just briefly knowing the ones that came up last year in case they come up as 4 markers or 8 markers.

Yeah cognitive development includes Kholberg, but it also includes Gender schema theory. They're both "cognitive development theories of gender development". The official title of Kholbarg's theory is "Gender Constancy Theory"

im not bothering learning last years one thats the only one from gender im missing out risky but its so much effort D: do you know whether the loopa predicitons are any good coz he hasnt predicted any of the cognitive theories
I've got one if you'd like it :smile:

Original post by redarcher
has anyone got a Relationship breakdown essay i could give to my friend??

Latest

Trending

Trending