The Student Room Group

A level decisions?

I'm about to go into the AS year and I'm unsure which subjects to choose.
I am considering
Sociology
Psychology (really enjoy it)
Media studies (did well at GCSE)
Classics
Business studies
Philosophy and ethics
Economics
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by Calturtle
I am considering
Sociology
Classics
Business studies
Philosophy and ethics
Economics

I'm in the same situation as you I have picked mine for Sep but I want to change them around :').Do you have any idea what you want to study at UNI or what you want to do as a job?
I would say take Economics because I think it encompasses maths and other skills which is always good :smile: You mentioned classics, perhaps take a English instead or another language because some unis especially Russell group universities prefer individual subjects like them to classics, even though classics sounds really interesting :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by skye99
I'm in the same situation as you I have picked mine for Sep but I want to change them around :':wink:.Do you have any idea what you want to study at UNI or what you want to do as a job?
I would say take Economics because I think it encompasses maths and other skills which is always good :smile: You mentioned classics, perhaps take a English instead or another language because some unis especially Russell group universities prefer individual subjects like them to classics, even though classics sounds really interesting :smile:

Oh I have no idea what I want to do haha I'm really interested in social sciences so I guess something like that. Everyone is pressuring me to go to uni but idk if it's for me.
I agree that economics would be a better choice thanks it does seem to be the most useful to an employer unless it was going to be used at uni.
What subjects have you chosen?? :smile:
Reply 3
Oh I have no idea what I want to do haha I'm really interested in social sciences so I guess something like that. Everyone is pressuring me to go to uni but idk if it's for me.
I agree that economics would be a better choice thanks it does seem to be the most useful to an employer unless it was going to be used at uni.
What subjects have you chosen?? :smile:

If your interested in social sciences do them, if you enjoy something you can do well in it so win win :biggrin: Plus I know what it's like to feel like pressurised which isn't fun at all, but if you don't want to go uni and go a different route like an apprenticeship or anything else, it's your life and you should do what you want to do !!!!!!! < can not emphasize this enough :smile:

I put down maths, biology , history and English but I want to change them because I would rather do econ and philosophy and ethics rather than English and biology.But then i'm like maybe take another science instead ahahaha i'm so indecisive :,)
Reply 4
I am considering
Sociology
Classics
Business studies
Philosophy and ethics
Economics

Do the ones in bold they are quite different so will open a lot of doors
Original post by OGGUS
Do the ones in bold they are quite different so will open a lot of doors

Ethics is really hard, where as sociology is the easiest A Level.
Reply 6
Original post by life.of.pablo
Ethics is really hard, where as sociology is the easiest A Level.

That's objective i guess

Quick Reply

Latest