The Student Room Group

uneven lifts ?

squat 5x5 85kg
bench 5x5 40kg
deadlift 1x5 85kg
row 5x5 42.5kg
OHP 5x5 32.5kg

im doing 5x5 stronglifts, for a few months, but kept taking breaks/being lazy at the start so didn't see much progress for a while. im 5'9 60kg (maybe more now, havent weighed self in while). my squat keeps going up but feel like other weights are lagging behind, what do?
Eat more
Reply 2
Progressive overload, especially for bench press which seems to be significantly lagging. Consistency is key.
Reply 3
Original post by Lighfy
Progressive overload, especially for bench press which seems to be significantly lagging. Consistency is key.

what would be a good bench press for my height and weight and considering my other lifts ?
Original post by Tabstercat
what would be a good bench press for my height and weight and considering my other lifts ?

I'm the same height, I weigh 25kg more and I have a 200kg deadlift there or there abouts. 120 bench
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Angry cucumber
I'm the same height, I weight 25kg more and I have a 200kg deadlift there or there abouts. 120 bench

how long have you been lifting
how long have you been lifting

2.5 years
Reply 7
Are you eating at a caloric surplus? When I started lifting my strength went up sharply (a total newbie will make strength gains no matter what they eat) then I plateaued like you. Made an excel spreadsheet with my calorie intake then realised I wasn't eating as much as I thought. Increased it to 3000 calories and my lifts started increasing immediately. So yeah, what Angry Cucumber said. Eat more.
Reply 8
Original post by Kyri
Are you eating at a caloric surplus? When I started lifting my strength went up sharply (a total newbie will make strength gains no matter what they eat) then I plateaued like you. Made an excel spreadsheet with my calorie intake then realised I wasn't eating as much as I thought. Increased it to 3000 calories and my lifts started increasing immediately. So yeah, what Angry Cucumber said. Eat more.

been trying hard to eat more these past few days, might try make a spreadsheet, good idea.

today:
5x5 squat 87.5kg
5x5 bench 42.5kg
5x5 rows 45kg

mostly happy, squat form wasn't perfect for last sets, but never felt like I was going to fail. Bench press was decent, very slow, but again didn't feel like I was going to fail.
Reply 9
100kg 1x5 deadlift today. a new PB.
other lifts aren't great but ive started a new diet recently which im happy with so we'll see what happens. I want to squat 100kg 5x5 by the end of the summer.
squat 5x5 85kg
bench 5x5 40kg
deadlift 1x5 85kg
row 5x5 42.5kg
OHP 5x5 32.5kg

im doing 5x5 stronglifts, for a few months, but kept taking breaks/being lazy at the start so didn't see much progress for a while. im 5'9 60kg (maybe more now, havent weighed self in while). my squat keeps going up but feel like other weights are lagging behind, what do?

add in dips as an accessory exercise (since your OHP,and bench are lagging behind) + make sure you are recovering well.
keep up the good work
Original post by SuperHuman98
add in dips as an accessory exercise (since your OHP,and bench are lagging behind) + make sure you are recovering well.
keep up the good work

thanks. how many reps and sets of dips? my bench is 47.5kg 5x5 now.
thanks. how many reps and sets of dips? my bench is 47.5kg 5x5 now.

Up to you depending on how good you are with dips
105kg dl 1x5
squat still hovering around 90kg
deloading OHP
bench hovering around 50kg

missed a few sessions due to moving home from uni and having to find new gym.

goals for end of summer:
100kg squat 5x5
120kg dl (at least) 1x5
60kg bench 5x5

if a mod could move this to fitness blogs that would be good
105kg dl 1x5
squat still hovering around 90kg
deloading OHP
bench hovering around 50kg

missed a few sessions due to moving home from uni and having to find new gym.

goals for end of summer:
100kg squat 5x5
120kg dl (at least) 1x5
60kg bench 5x5

if a mod could move this to fitness blogs that would be good

Quote me and I'll do it later when I'm on a computer. The quote will remind me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Quote me and I'll do it later when I'm on a computer. The quote will remind me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

cheers pal

Quick Reply

Latest