The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Government and Politics Unit 1 06/06/16

Hey,

I'm really worrying about my exam and I'm trying to revise but I'm not sure how. Does anyone have good authority that I can use for any of the 4 topics? Also any tips? Thanks
Reply 1
Hey Josh i'm about to sit the exam as well!! Try not to be worried, a little bit of stress won't hurt but a lot will! As for tips I'm sure you've done this already but especially in an exam such as Politics where the layout of the questions is always the same it's a really good idea to really understand the markscheme for each question and what/how much you are expected to write for each question. For example in a question B (10 marker) you need to write enough knowledge (AO1) to get the first 7 marks and then the next 3 marks are on Evaluation (AO2) and basically showing how that concept relates to the question and really explaining it. If you've prepared how you are going to answer each question set then you will be a lot calmer going into the exam and can then just focus on remembering your revision!!!
Hope I've helped in some way just give me a shout if I can help any more :smile:
I sat this paper last year and got an A. What I would suggest is focusing more heavily on two of the four topics as you know what will come up.
Original post by JoshNilsson
Hey,

I'm really worrying about my exam and I'm trying to revise but I'm not sure how. Does anyone have good authority that I can use for any of the 4 topics? Also any tips? Thanks

You may find this thread useful, as well as this one
Original post by EdBarnes
Hey Josh i'm about to sit the exam as well!! Try not to be worried, a little bit of stress won't hurt but a lot will! As for tips I'm sure you've done this already but especially in an exam such as Politics where the layout of the questions is always the same it's a really good idea to really understand the markscheme for each question and what/how much you are expected to write for each question. For example in a question B (10 marker) you need to write enough knowledge (AO1) to get the first 7 marks and then the next 3 marks are on Evaluation (AO2) and basically showing how that concept relates to the question and really explaining it. If you've prepared how you are going to answer each question set then you will be a lot calmer going into the exam and can then just focus on remembering your revision!!!
Hope I've helped in some way just give me a shout if I can help any more :smile:

Thank you so much :smile: I'm not a very good writer I'm a mathy guy so it's really hard
Reply 5
Original post by Redmonds
I sat this paper last year and got an A. What I would suggest is focusing more heavily on two of the four topics as you know what will come up.

I'm with AQA - would you definitely recommend focusing on just the 2 topics?
Reply 6
This is just a general message, as I am with AQA - so you might not be able to help me.

Hi all,

If you could, please would you be able to help me?

Any top tips on how to score relatively high on this paper?Anything which is always good to include in 5 markers, 10 markers, 25 markers?

For unit 1, I have studied:Pressure groupsElectoral systems Participation & Voting behaviour

For these topics, is there any key terms, or any sub-topics that I must be 100% be confident on?

Finally, does anybody have any predictions for this paper?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have had 2 mocks at college in exams conditions, and both times I have received an A - I just feel like I have been very lucky with the questions though.Exam tips which could ultimately boost by mark would be great!Thank you for your help,Kind Regards.
Original post by Cal1999
I'm with AQA - would you definitely recommend focusing on just the 2 topics?

Only if you feel confident enough. I assume the AQA paper is the same in that there are four topics to choose from that are the same every year. I would say still revise them all just in case the topics you focused on more turned out to be nasty questions.
Reply 8
Original post by JoshNilsson
Thank you so much :smile: I'm not a very good writer I'm a mathy guy so it's really hard

I'm sure you'll do well :biggrin: Good luck on Monday!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending