The Student Room Group

Using own car in driving test

Hi,

Will there by any negative impact if i am taking my own car for the driving test.
Examiner might have a impression that i haven't taken any classes so coming in own car.
Any suggestions please ?
Reply 1
Doubt it. If you feel more comfortable using your own car and feel you have a better chance of passing then you should do it.
As long as it meets the requirements you'll be fine =)
Reply 3
Original post by eilrajt
Examiner might have a impression that i haven't taken any classes so coming in own car.
Not sure about assumptions that you've had no lessons, but I bet the examiners will ask themselves, "Why has their instructor ditched / refused to take them?"
Original post by Advisor
Not sure about assumptions that you've had no lessons, but I bet the examiners will ask themselves, "Why has their instructor ditched / refused to take them?"

There are so many reasons, I knew one lad who had to take all his driving lessons and his test in his Mum's car. He had size 13 feet and the pedals were too close together in his instructors car. Just make sure you read this and make sure your car meets all their requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/driving-test/using-your-own-car

The main issues are providing an additional rear view mirror and having all the right paper work ready for inspection.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending