The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brown_eyes
Check out loopa's predictions based on patterns- he was really accurate for unit 1 and 2. But make sure u revise everything just in case

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that Saj?? Yeah he's been a life saver, except he hasn't posted on Eating Behaviours yet, or Media.
Original post by Lilius
Is that Saj?? Yeah he's been a life saver, except he hasn't posted on Eating Behaviours yet, or Media.

Eating behaviours is up!
Original post by Annettee
Eating behaviours is up!

It is!? Loopa is a maze to me, I've just found Media though. could you link the Eating Behaviours one for me please?
Original post by Lilius
It is!? Loopa is a maze to me, I've just found Media though. could you link the Eating Behaviours one for me please?

http://www.loopa.co.uk/eating-behaviours-psya3-june-2016-predictions/
Original post by violetvictorious
Hello id be grateful if anyone could help - for relationships PSYA3 will they ever asks for TWO EXPLANATIONF OF MAINTENNACE OF RELATIONSHIPS? I only have enough content for 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Adult attachment, determined by childhood attachment theory? (using others as a secure base etc.)?
Hey, I am doing aggression, was wondering could they possibly ask a question on social learning theory, deindividuation and institute aggression separately or would they word only as outline social psychological theory ??
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello, how is everyone actually learning and memorising essays? I'm finding it so hard due to the sheer amount of content that needs to be memorised, has anyone got some useful tips? Really struggling this year :frown: Any advice would be really appreciated
Reply 1427
Original post by Hafsaa123
Hey, I am doing aggression, was wondering could they possibly ask a question on social learning theory, deindividuation and institute aggression separately or would they word only as outline social psychological theory ??

lol they can ask you those separately. They did last year, and just asked students to discuss institutional aggression.

But I'm not sure about deindividuation and SLT. Somewhere i once read that they both come under the same thing and you can answer with either/or. But, I'm not sure where i read that or if it was true. I
Reply 1428
Original post by Im130
lol they can ask you those separately. They did last year, and just asked students to discuss institutional aggression.

But I'm not sure about deindividuation and SLT. Somewhere i once read that they both come under the same thing and you can answer with either/or. But, I'm not sure where i read that or if it was true. I

A question asking to outline one social psychological explanation of aggression is possible and has been asked before.
For PSYA4 whats everyone predictions for media and schiz?
Original post by Hafsaa123

They can ask a question on institutional aggression specifically (they did that last year), but a question wouldn't specifically mention SLT or deindividuation (they're listed together on the specification). If for example it asks "outline one social psychological theory of aggression " you can talk about either of them. It says this in the AQA book too.
Reply 1431
Original post by mrgan
A question asking to outline one social psychological explanation of aggression is possible and has been asked before.

yeah man i know they can ask that. but the guy i replied to asked "can they ask them separately" and i said yeah they did ask institutional aggression on its own last year
Reply 1432
Original post by Oiseaux
They can ask a question on institutional aggression specifically (they did that last year), but a question wouldn't specifically mention SLT or deindividuation (they're listed together on the specification). If for example it asks "outline one social psychological theory of aggression " you can talk about either of them. It says this in the AQA book too.

YES! that's exactly what i think i read a while back, and what i was trying to get at earlier--thanks
Original post by Im130
YES! that's exactly what i think i read a while back, and what i was trying to get at earlier--thanks

It's because SLT and Deindividuation are listed only as examples, so you don't have to learn a particular one, although I think every school does those 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
For PSYA4, Do you need IDA points, would IDA get you marks?
Original post by Danny786
For PSYA4, Do you need IDA points, would IDA get you marks?

IDA isn't needed. You can still use it as AO2 though!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
IDA isn't needed. You can still use it as AO2 though!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Struggling with schiz atm. Any tips/model essays?
Original post by Danny786
Struggling with schiz atm. Any tips/model essays?

I don't study it (unlike almost everyone.) I do, OCD, Media, Bio Rhythms, Aggression and gender. I don't really have any essays to share, as they're all handwritten. I can take a look at some of your essays or give advice though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TMC113
I don't study it (unlike almost everyone.) I do, OCD, Media, Bio Rhythms, Aggression and gender. I don't really have any essays to share, as they're all handwritten. I can take a look at some of your essays or give advice though

Posted from TSR Mobile

would be cool. i can email you them if you like
pm me your email if thats ok :smile:
Original post by Annettee
So all I'd say apart from what I've attached is I think your essay just needs to be more structured. By linking your paragraphs this will really help make your entire essay more cohesive and clear. Ultimately what you want to do is tell a logical story. So maybe this supports, this supports, but then this piece of research says otherwise. And further casting doubt is the lack of applicability to all genders blabla. I hope I'm making some sense lool

Also sorry for my shorthand in the image! I do a lot of arrows and stuff :s

Hi i really appreciate the feedback thanks so much! Just a few questions would you not say ive linked paraghraps with connectives to open. Since you suggested to open with this supports or this refutes. And i think i did? As for most i said furthermore *name of researcher found supporting evidence for the model or refuting. So wouldnt that count?
Finally on the notes you made you said to contextualise IDA and i think i did? E.g prac applications for counselling help solve rrlationships but doesnt explain those women in abusive relationships. I did it for culture such as arrange marriages being more prominent they have familes involved in crisis which theory doesnt consider.

Thanks for the hell just wanted to ask a few qs so i can improve.

Latest

Trending

Trending