The Student Room Group

What's a really weird remark you've ever been given about your physical appearance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ~Cerridwen~
'The colour of your eyes makes me feel sad' (they're literally slate grey)
'OMG your hair is like Elsa's!' (It's brown but has a weird blond streak at the front, I think they were referring to the character from frozen)
'I bet you're someone who smiles even in their sleep'

Sorry to double post but also I have grey-blue eyes so don't take that to heart, that person's weird and your eyes are intense and beautiful :smile:
Original post by Jennie1987
Hilarious comments from you, staying strong against so much chat from others - well done.

aha thanks love x :smile: i mean its part of growing up im only 16 no i will not be perfect and neither is anyone else out there
Original post by sfaraj
aha thanks love x :smile: i mean its part of growing up im only 16 no i will not be perfect and neither is anyone else out there

Exactly! And who are they to comment? What did they look like at 16? We all have flaws and we all have insecurities, we are human so people should settle down and just let one another be.
Exactly! And who are they to comment? What did they look like at 16? We all have flaws and we all have insecurities, we are human so people should settle down and just let one another be.

YES!!! its all hormones (most of the time i think) its not my fault i am sensitive to hormones.

PREACH you have basically taken the words out of my mouth :smile:
Original post by sfaraj
YES!!! its all hormones (most of the time i think) its not my fault i am sensitive to hormones.

PREACH you have basically taken the words out of my mouth :smile:

Yep definitely hormones. The only definitive thing I ever found to impact this was medications / skincare products or routines.

:five:
Yep definitely hormones. The only definitive thing I ever found to impact this was medications / skincare products or routines.

:five:

got given lymecycline and i chucked it out without finishing it because it was so bad, and my dermatologist said she'll give me roaccutane in summer if i need it, im hoping i wont as it has gelatine as its a capsule :smile:

no joke ive used all the products out there and nothing works and its only once i got a facial done which included extraction was when i saw an end to my skin nightmares

im so gassed i bought a facial brush thing which should be real good and help deep clean so im excited XD
Original post by sfaraj
got given lymecycline and i chucked it out without finishing it because it was so bad, and my dermatologist said she'll give me roaccutane in summer if i need it, im hoping i wont as it has gelatine as its a capsule :smile:

no joke ive used all the products out there and nothing works and its only once i got a facial done which included extraction was when i saw an end to my skin nightmares

im so gassed i bought a facial brush thing which should be real good and help deep clean so im excited XD

If you're that determined then I'm sure youll find something helpful. Plus you're growing up all the time so your hormones should find their groove soon fingers crossed.
I have heard a veritable sea of remarks over the years including:

- Alien head
-The milky bar kid
- Harry potter
- Sven goran eriksson (sp?)

The latest is "Ben from Eastenders".

Only the dead can know peace from this hell.
Reply 168
My mum use to say I walk like a penguin lol. Everytime a penguin would come on TV my siblings would tease me lol. Thanks mum!

Few years back I lost weight. It was the lowest I ever managed to get. Someone asked me if I had been seriously ill. Someone else said I looked like I hadn't eaten for days. Bitches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"You have lovely veins" :lolwut:
Like WTF???

:lol:
Original post by nucdev
"You have lovely veins" :lolwut:
Like WTF???

:lol:

Were you talking to a vampire?

I got told I had nicely shaped nails :lol:
"Too good for an Indian" :indiff:

Racist af.
"You don't look like you come from (hometown). Girls there are usually rough with no teeth!"

I was once asked if I had botox because I had no wrinkles. I was 18 at the time.
Original post by saeed9741
no way, did someone actually say that to you?
ya 3ayb shu ma 3alyih

Haha, it's okay it's not that deep.
Shoo uslan shaghilne be shoo befakru hal banat.
The last one really is a compliment id say. Elsa from frozen is not brunette in any way so that's confusing.

Over heard ones of course are also bad but the ones to your face??! :eek3: who do these people think they are??

I live in Gosport. It's expected.

And besides I just laugh along with them. It's all good fun in the end.
I was walking my Shih Tzu dog in the park and this guy says, "You look just as beautiful as her"
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I live in Gosport. It's expected.

And besides I just laugh along with them. It's all good fun in the end.

I'm disappointed that anywhere can be classed as a place to expect this given they barely knew you it's like c'mon!

Glad you take it well, at least you are comfortable enough with yourself to not let it effect you negatively. :cool:
(edited 7 years ago)
this guy in my form was like to me I still remember to this day cos I was always late and tired, he said you look like you've been slapped by a fish. Weirdest thing ever but it was bants
Original post by humerak786
this guy in my form was like to me I still remember to this day cos I was always late and tired, he said you look like you've been slapped by a fish. Weirdest thing ever but it was bants

Haha, I always used to make fun of a guy in my form for the same reason. He was late everysingle day and would walk in with messy hair and bloodshot eyes.
The funniest thing is that he lives across the road from school.
Walked past a women at work and she stopped me and was like
'Your face looks like a porcelain doll'
She said it in a matter of fact sort of way so I wasn't sure if it was meant as a compliment or insult or what really. It was so random that I didn't know how to respond.

Quick Reply

Latest