The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I thought the feelings were purely sexual - well they were from my side. I don't think there were any sides of something more coming from her.

I'm not going to stick around with her. I've already deleted her number and I'm definitely not planning on seeing her again after this.

What's your name? So I can look out for you on Jeremy Kyle
Reply 21
I thought the feelings were purely sexual - well they were from my side. I don't think there were any sides of something more coming from her.

I'm not going to stick around with her. I've already deleted her number and I'm definitely not planning on seeing her again after this.

She probably wanted more considering she is keeping the kid, and you knew from day one that she was on the pill. So why suddenly change?

Just be sure that you TELL her before you cut off all communication to take your name off the birth certificate because you'd end up paying for child maintenance.

And this, my friends, would be why women think most men are *****.

You share a hell of a lot of responsibility for engaging in unsafe sex with the girl. You also share partial responsibility for the baby she is now to care for because you were not careful. It is her body and she can decide to do what she pleases. You should grow up, act responsible, and talk to the girl about what's happened - not just abandon her like a selfish bratty child.
Reply 23
Original post by ivybridge

You share a hell of a lot of responsibility for engaging in unsafe sex with the girl. You also share partial responsibility for the baby she is now to care for because you were not careful. It is her body and she can decide to do what she pleases. You should grow up, act responsible, and talk to the girl about what's happened - not just abandon her like a selfish bratty child.

No it's individuals like you who like to generalise men and group them as what you describe. If the shoe were on the other foot, women would be known as 'gold-diggers' and 'hoes'

Bore off, if he doesn't want to be involved leave it. Just like if she wants to keep the kid, then she can - its her body at the end of the day by just like her, he can decide if he no longer wants to be part of the kids life. He can justify that because they didn't plan it.

People like you make me wonder why society is so screwed up with such social bias :angry:
you done goofed, op.

you never heard of pulling out?

What's happened is that she lied to me.

If she had told me she wasn't on the pill, which she obviously didn't, I would have of course either refrained or gotten protection. I was oblivious to the fact she wasn't on it, which leads me to believe it was planned.

Why are you attacking me and making it seem like she isn't in the wrong at all? I'm asking for impartial advice here.
Original post by Dnkz7
No it's individuals like you who like to generalise men and group them as what you describe. If the shoe were on the other foot, women would be known as 'gold-diggers' and 'hoes'

Bore off, if he doesn't want to be involved leave it. Just like if she wants to keep the kid, then she can - its her body at the end of the day by just like her, he can decide if he no longer wants to be part of the kids life. He can justify that because they didn't plan it.

People like you make me wonder why society is so screwed up with such social bias :angry:

I am a man... I'm hardly going to generalise my entire gender. I simply said this is where they can get the idea from.

He doesn't have to be involved but he has not gone about it in the right way. That was not what I said.

People like you make me wonder why people ever bothered learning to read when they clearly can't, even then.
Original post by Dnkz7
She probably wanted more considering she is keeping the kid, and you knew from day one that she was on the pill. So why suddenly change?

Just be sure that you TELL her before you cut off all communication to take your name off the birth certificate because you'd end up paying for child maintenance.

That's a good point actually... I'll contact her soon about it, I think she mentioned she's away with her family right now or something.
What's happened is that she lied to me.

If she had told me she wasn't on the pill, which she obviously didn't, I would have of course either refrained or gotten protection. I was oblivious to the fact she wasn't on it, which leads me to believe it was planned.

Why are you attacking me and making it seem like she isn't in the wrong at all? I'm asking for impartial advice here.

The pill is not 100% guaranteed.

I think she is also in the wrong but I think your conduct is worse and no, not because you didn't wear a condom.
The pill is not 100% guaranteed.

I think she is also in the wrong but I think your conduct is worse and no, not because you didn't wear a condom.

The pill is one of the best forms of contraception. That's why so many women take it.

My conduct is worse?????? Are you serious????? You clearly have some kind of agenda here.
I'm sorry but the pill doesn't always work. No contraception is 100% apart from not having sex, If it's something you were concerned about you should have used a condom, especially as you weren't together, what about STD's.

And, although I have sympathy for you. Tough ****. It's not your decision.
[QUOTE=Anonymous;65380715]Pills, from my understanding, are one of the best forms of contraception around.

She probably planned it. If hadn't, she would've let it be known she wasn't on the pill and I definitely would have used a condom - or we simply wouldn't've had sex.

Thanks for the empathy.

You're right, the pill is like 99% effective, but there have been cases when taking other things into account. You should still ask her though if you haven't already, to give yourself some peace of mind, especially because you were convinced she was on the pill, but it may prove futile.
Congratulations!
Reply 33
Billy Jean is not my lover ...she just a girl who claims that I am the one...:smug:

Spoiler

How can you even claim my actions are worse?

She's the one who lied, SHE's the one who got us into this situation in the first place, SHE's the one who planned this pregnancy without opening up about it to me, I'M the one who is now stuck in a hole.

"Learn to read" is the single most condescending thing you can say to someone. If he hasn't read something you've written maybe you can't write.

I believe your actions are worse because you deleted her number and attempted to ignore her. You should take some responsibility for the fact you didn't wear a condom because no form of protection is 100% guaranteed. You have no idea if she planned it and that is why talking to her is essential.

You are very clearly blurring the lines between what I am saying about your actions after and references to the actual sex.
So I've been seeing this girl L for the last 4 to 5 months. We usually go on a small "date" and then head back to hers for some fun.

We told eachother we wouldn't get in contact other than for sex or setting up the "date".

She got in contact yesterday evening to say that she's pregnant and has been for 2 weeks. Wth!?

She was meant to be on the pill, so she has clearly lied to me... now she's telling me she wants to keep it and wants me in her life as the father.

I'm 21, I'm not cut out to be a dad quite yet... I've got my career in mind and I'm not mature enough either.

I don't know what to do from here?

Gotta be straight up brutal bro. Tell her you don't want her child, you regret that she'll ever bring a child of yours up and that you want absolutely no part in the child's life. Then just forget about her.
So I've been seeing this girl L for the last 4 to 5 months. We usually go on a small "date" and then head back to hers for some fun.

We told eachother we wouldn't get in contact other than for sex or setting up the "date".

She got in contact yesterday evening to say that she's pregnant and has been for 2 weeks. Wth!?

She was meant to be on the pill, so she has clearly lied to me... now she's telling me she wants to keep it and wants me in her life as the father.

I'm 21, I'm not cut out to be a dad quite yet... I've got my career in mind and I'm not mature enough either.

I don't know what to do from here?

If she did lie, then that is shitty of her. But, you do have to bear in mind the possibility that she either genuinely forgot to take it for one day, or that it failed. However, even if that is the case, you two were not planning to have a child so, while she is within her rights to keep it, I would not consider it right for her to force it on you. Be honest and tell her how you feel.
Ultimately if you are not prepared to be a parent, you shouldn't be engaging in adult activities that could result in a child.

At the very least you could have worn a condom.
Reply 38
ok, my friend was in a similar situation. no matter what youre going through remember whats happening is worse for her. She has to explain things to her family and also doesnt know how to cope and all that. Dont pressure her into an abortion but speak to her about options. Ask her if this is what she really wants and how shes going to take care of the child.

I dont think shes lying to you but maybe shes also saying shes keeping the baby because she wants you to be there with her and shes worried that if there is no baby you would leave her.

i think youre options are to support her and have a very long and deep conversation with her.

IF she does end up getting an abortion (which should not be pressurised by you) make sure to stick by her side till shes stable becaue my friend who had an abortion became heavily depressed which i think led to psychosis. thats an extreme case but you get what im saying
Then why do you make knee-jerk threads about how someone offended you because they had a different opinion or didn't agree with yours then? You're a professional victim it seems and you have absolutely no backbone.

You're also incredibly arrogant and self-righteous.

Well you did say "most".

You need to wind your neck in darling.

calm down OP. there's a reason why most people hate him after all. feeding him with your attention, won't get you out of the mess you're in. and my days.. is it a right old disgusting mess.

tbh; this seems like a case out of hell. i can't offer any advice here; other than to implicitly tell her you have no intention of being involved in her life BEFORE blocking her on everything. that's about all there is to say.

*ohh and it goes without saying, next time, a) **** the condom rules, we both know when a situaiton like this comes up, that'll be the last thing on your mind b) at least for the love of all things that is good and exist in this world; MAKE SURE SHE ACTUALLY TAKES THE GODDAMN PILL! c) pay no attention to the ivybridge guy. none at all.*

Latest

Trending

Trending