The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
I thought it was a big book :smile: I just shout at them :wink:

Hahaha! I need to remember to write in the crucial details otherwise I would sound crazy!:colondollar:
Original post by sahra30013
I guess I should have emphasised it was a small book and that it is just for fun! Yup, I guess we are different in terms of that!I get your point about the stress ball! :smile:

Haha probably! Yeah I'm a pretty horrible person haha :tongue:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Haha probably! Yeah I'm a pretty horrible person haha :tongue:

No no no! It's my fault really!
No no no! It's my fault really!

Oh no I was on about me willingly hitting my poor sister with a stress ball not you throwing little books! Don't worry :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Yeah mine came on the 20th May so it probably was there a while haha. How many have you got in? :tongue:

She throws it back at me :biggrin: we have a very abusive relationship haha. I'm sure most people with siblings would tbh - wait how old is your sister? Those things hurt with enough force! :tongue:

Ah mines slightly earlier, starting on 31st July :smile:

Lol. I should check the mailbox more often. I haven't missed yet 😏😏😏😏😏👌. I haven't counted but I'd say more than 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The beginning of your post made laugh for some reason! Well done today! Keep up the good work:smile:

Well done! You've done so much and keep up the good work!:smile:

No, are they really that good? And can I ask, how do you revise whilst having music on? I can't even revise with any noise!

Thanks. You too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The beginning of your post made laugh for some reason! Well done today! Keep up the good work:smile:

Well done! You've done so much and keep up the good work!:smile:

No, are they really that good? And can I ask, how do you revise whilst having music on? I can't even revise with any noise!

I find it hard to revise when it's silent. The music allows me to go into my zone and concentrate. Well, they are an acquired taste but I love them. It's not the sort of nicki minaj stuff that I guess you guys listen to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My sister is 12 by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 1/6/16

It's JUNE!! Later this month most of us will have left school :biggrin:

Chemistry past paper

Physics Past paper

15 Chemistry Q Cards

15 Physics Q Cards

15 Yachana Eco Lodge cards

67 German vocab

56 Hurricane Mitch

Fairtrade Case study

Development revision

Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 1/6/16

Chemistry past paper

Physics Past paper

15 Chemistry Q Cards

15 Physics Q Cards

67 German vocab

56 Hurricane Mitch

Fairtrade Case study

Development revision

OMG !!! You've done so much. How long did this take you ?:congrats: 9 hours ?! So impressed of you Zoe !!
Original post by nisha.sri
OMG !!! You've done so much. How long did this take you ?:congrats: 9 hours ?! So impressed of you Zoe !!

:biggrin: Thank you so much - it actually took less and I even managed to go out for a few hours, so probably took me about 5 :smile:
You know how it's the holidays at the moment....how long to guys sit and study for in a day...cuz I feel like I'm not doing as much as I should...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala*15
You know how it's the holidays at the moment....how long to guys sit and study for in a day...cuz I feel like I'm not doing as much as I should...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yesterday I did about 5 hours (not all at once). It is different for every person, if you feel like you know enough to pass the exams then continue as you are, but if you feel like there are gaps in your knowledge then do something about it, even if it is just an extra 20 mins :smile:
:biggrin: Thank you so much - it actually took less and I even managed to go out for a few hours, so probably took me about 5 :smile:

I'm a bit like you because I manage to get a lot of stuff done in a shorter period of time because short bursts help memory. But nearer exams, I revise longer just to make sure I know everything :smile:
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I'm a bit like you because I manage to get a lot of stuff done in a shorter period of time because short bursts help memory. But nearer exams, I revise longer just to make sure I know everything :smile:

Yeah same, like around now I have the weekend to do revision so shorter bursts let me cover a variety to get the knowledge and then the night before the exam I spend a few hours going over everything again and again just so that is at the forefront of my mind :smile:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I find it hard to revise when it's silent. The music allows me to go into my zone and concentrate. Well, they are an acquired taste but I love them. It's not the sort of nicki minaj stuff that I guess you guys listen to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I usually listen to 'intense studying music' on Spotify whenever I revise. In my free time though I generally listen to: my chemical romance, panic at the disco, black veil brides, bring me the horizon, fall out boy & slipknot. Shamefully, I do have to admit that I like one or two nicki minaj songs :smile:
UPDATE FOR 1/6/16

Chemistry past paper

Physics Past paper

15 Chemistry Q Cards

15 Physics Q Cards

67 German vocab

56 Hurricane Mitch

Fairtrade Case study

Development revision

Well done! You've so much! Keep up the good work!:smile:

Original post by lala*15

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's different for every person. For me, it takes 6 hours but do as much as you can.
Original post by lala*15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it is about motivating yourself tbh. Think about how happy you would be if you achieved fantastic results :smile: Also, I doubt that anyone could work flat out for the whole day and still remember everything :wink: So, make sure that you give yourself a 10 minute break after each 30 minute revision session. Also constant repetitive testing of what you have revised is beneficial, I use something called 'quizlet.' Knowing that you have remembered information will make you feel more inspired to take in more :smile: Use the 'pomodoro technique' as well - so that you are sticking to your revision slots and are allowing yourself to have breaks.
Lol. I should check the mailbox more often. I haven't missed yet 😏😏😏😏😏👌. I haven't counted but I'd say more than 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sister is 12 by the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you probably should! And ooh get you! 😏

And that's not too bad then, I thought she was really young for some reason :s-smilie: mine's only just 14 but harder than me lol so she can take it. :tongue:
UPDATE FOR 1/6/16

Chemistry past paper

Physics Past paper

15 Chemistry Q Cards

15 Physics Q Cards

67 German vocab

56 Hurricane Mitch

Fairtrade Case study

Development revision

Wow this is amazing! You continue to surprise us with what you get done :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending