The Student Room Group

My sister is a conceited and self-righteous brat. What can I do about it?

I'm almost at the edge, I can't take much more of it before losing the plot.

My sister is horrible, she's bossy, she's manipulative, she gets away with everything and she makes life just hell for me. She knocks on my door and, without waiting for a reply, just walks into my room and starts shouting at me.

She yells that I was supposed to take my little sister (other sister) to school and that my mum is sick and I'm such a **** for not doing it... but I asked my mum last night and she said she's fine taking her. I've been picking her up all week.

I honestly can't deal with her insolence, and the worst is my parents claim they're fed up with the rows but they do jack ****. My sister starts all of them, some times in front of my parents, but they just sit there and then blame me.

She's a spoilt brat... and it's been getting worse since she has been going to this private boarding school.

What can I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can slap her in the face hard.

And then say you will continue doing that every time she is being a bitch.
Original post by inhuman

Hitting? No,violence isn't the option.

Maybe she's going through some sort of problem at school or in her life and taking it out on you. Just try talking to her and see why she's behaving the way she is
Reply 3
Original post by inhuman

I can't take that risk, my parents would call the police.

I ****ing hate her.
Reply 4
Original post by queen-bee
Hitting? No,violence isn't the option.

Maybe she's going through some sort of problem at school or in her life and taking it out on you. Just try talking to her and see why she's behaving the way she is

She's been a **** for years, this is just one occasion. I ****ing loathe her.

**** her and her problems, I can't stand her... I was that close to beating her up.
Original post by Anonymous
I can't take that risk, my parents would call the police.

I ****ing hate her.

Then pour cold water on her head everytime she acts up
Reply 6
Obviously you should kill her.
E-bay
Rent an annoying sister/brother service
Under the patio.
She's been a **** for years, this is just one occasion. I ****ing loathe her.

**** her and her problems, I can't stand her... I was that close to beating her up.

And If she called the police? Why take that risk and it's not cool to resort to violence anyway. She's acting the way she's acting for a reason,most likely. Does she have depression?
Reply 9
Original post by GwynLordOfCinder
Then pour cold water on her head everytime she acts up

Good idea, that'll be hilarious.

Why aren't my parents doing anything about it? Why are they avoiding it all?

I accept it's probably because they don't know what to do and don't want to make it worse, but they've got a duty to keep her in line. They've witnessed her being a **** towards me yet it's always my fault.

She smokes, she drinks, she lies, she steals... yet she's an angel to them and she's "gifted" even though I know she's a thick airhead.
And If she called the police? Why take that risk and it's not cool to resort to violence anyway. She's acting the way she's acting for a reason,most likely. Does she have depression?

I couldn't care less if she has depression - I don't care about her or how she feelings. She's disgusting.

I'm not going to beat her up, I'm just saying that I feel like it.

Maybe she's acting like this because she a complete an utter bitch?
Just talk to your parents reasonably. Don't scream at them. Talk to them like an adult, and point out that your sister's attitude stinks. Your parents can't be that close-minded that they would still ignore her then, surely?
I couldn't care less if she has depression - I don't care about her or how she feelings. She's disgusting.

I'm not going to beat her up, I'm just saying that I feel like it.

Maybe she's acting like this because she a complete an utter bitch?

Maybe she's just misunderstood and it's a cry for help?
Maybe she's just misunderstood and it's a cry for help?

She's not a victim lol she's a complete ****.
Original post by Jazzyboy
Just talk to your parents reasonably. Don't scream at them. Talk to them like an adult, and point out that your sister's attitude stinks. Your parents can't be that close-minded that they would still ignore her then, surely?

You think I haven't done this before?!

It's reached boiling point.

They're that oblivious - well my mum definitely is.

My dad's away at the moment and not back till next week. I think my mum's got some trouble with alcohol because she's always acting drunk at nights and I've seen her finish a bottle of red in a night...

My dad was an alcoholic, but he stopped because of angina... which I'm glad... he's become such a better person.
Tell her to chill
Completely ignore her when she is being rude to you
Only talk to her when she calms down and learns how to respect you
Don't be a pushover
I'm almost at the edge, I can't take much more of it before losing the plot.

My sister is horrible, she's bossy, she's manipulative, she gets away with everything and she makes life just hell for me. She knocks on my door and, without waiting for a reply, just walks into my room and starts shouting at me.

She yells that I was supposed to take my little sister (other sister) to school and that my mum is sick and I'm such a **** for not doing it... but I asked my mum last night and she said she's fine taking her. I've been picking her up all week.

I honestly can't deal with her insolence, and the worst is my parents claim they're fed up with the rows but they do jack ****. My sister starts all of them, some times in front of my parents, but they just sit there and then blame me.

She's a spoilt brat... and it's been getting worse since she has been going to this private boarding school.

What can I do?

How old is she?

There isn't always a reasonable explanation for a persons actions, y'know?
Original post by ODES_PDES
How old is she?

16 I think. I don't even know to be honest.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
There isn't always a reasonable explanation for a persons actions, y'know?

There most likely is,most of the time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending