The Student Room Group

Protostar's journey to amazing grades! (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilacpotato
Aww lucky! I do OCR :frown:
Good luck with the rest of your exams!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw that's a shame :frown: I do OCR for science and they're horrible!
Thank you though, and good luck to you too! :h:
24/05/2016 - Night update
7 DOWN, 16 TO GO...
Today was the Geography exam and to put it short I should have revised more, there's no avoiding that fact. It didn't go nearly as well as I'd hoped.

But it's over and I can't change it so I'm going to have to work my butt off during half term to make sure I nail the human paper instead! Should be OK as my coursework is an A* (just) so I should still get it :smile:

These next 2 days should be a refreshing little break from the hecticness (not even a word) of these last 2 weeks - got Physics P1 P2 P3 tomorrow and then Maths on Thursday :smile: all being well I should smash them both :biggrin:

Current totals:
:biggrin:: 4
:smile:: 2
:s-smilie:: 1
:frown:: 0
:mad:: 0

First one less than happy which is disappointing but I can't dwell on it as there's nothing I can do to change it. At least the majority of them have gone very well so far.

Let's see what physics brings tomorrow! :tongue:
25/05/2016 - Evening update
8 DOWN, 15 TO GO...
Physics went brilliantly today :biggrin: luckily everything I hadn't revised didn't come up and everything that I had revised did! I seem to be quite good at subconsciously predicting haha :tongue:

Tomorrow is maths so there is literally no issue. I haven't even revised. I might do a tiny bit of something in the morning but not much, maybe just 3D shape problems and graph transformations. Maybe a bit of vectors if I have time.

School are doing this weird "maths breakfast" tomorrow morning too, where we go to our maths classrooms and get given food (hence why I'm going :biggrin:) and they'll do last minute cramming with us. Sounds pretty good tbh so I'm gonna go.

Current totals:
:biggrin:: 5

Still looking good, hopefully I've actually done as well as I've felt the exams have gone!
(edited 7 years ago)
26/05/2016 - Afternoon update
9 DOWN, 14 TO GO...
(Let's just pretend I didn't forget to update ok)

Today is my sister's 14th birthday!! :birthday:

We also had the maths exam which went very well. I've looked at the unofficial mark scheme and I got around 90 marks so I'm happy! (Despite making some VERY silly mistakes - or as my maths teacher would call them "human errors") :tongue:

Tomorrow is back to English Lit, poetry this time :s-smilie: dreading this - definitely my most scary exam!

Current totals:
:biggrin:: 6
27/05/2016 - Evening update
10 DOWN, 13 TO GO...
Today was the day of the poetry exam - although it didn't quite go as badly as I thought! :smile:

The unseen question was absolutely lovely - Snake Woman by Margaret Atwood. The question was also fairly simple and so I was able to produce a pretty good response! Very surprising as I thought that unseen would bring my grade down massively, instead I think it may have pulled it up!! :biggrin:

The comparison though...oh dear. I thought that it was going to be one of the 3 poems that they had never used before, considering it's the last year, but nooo. They had to go and throw OUR SHARPEVILLE at us - I can not stand that poem!!! :angry:
In the end I compared it to The Drum which definitely wasn't the best choice (should have probably done August 6th, 1945 instead but I wasn't thinking straight :s-smilie:) but I managed to make 3 full comparisons (so 6 paragraphs in total). I hope what I actually wrote was pretty good so that I can still get a good grade for Lit overall!

And now, HALF TERM IS HERE!!! 🎉🎉🎉
So ready to just relax and catch up on sleep - having the whole weekend off to chill :biggrin:

Today I've just been doing a bit of Memrise to learn some of the German vocab off the list (ended up doing about 200 words which is quite impressive!)

Until Monday! :smile:

Current totals:
:biggrin:: 6
:smile:: 3
30/05/2016 - Evening update

Today I was meant to get back to proper revision, however I accidentally got sidetracked by the Great British Bake Off...for 4 hours :colondollar: (it is bake off though so 1000% worth it :biggrin:)

I have done a little bit though and it's still early so I'll do more:
-40 German vocab mastered on Memrise
-B4.1 spec notes made

I'll finish B4 tonight and then move on to probably geography as I REALLY need to get the human content nailed to a T if I still want that A* after Tuesday's performance...

Just a baby update tonight as I haven't done much revision and I didn't sit an exam so there's not much to say really - until tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801

Today I was meant to get back to proper revision, however I accidentally got sidetracked by the Great British Bake Off...for 4 hours :colondollar: (it is bake off though so 1000% worth it :biggrin:)

-B4.1 spec notes made

I'll finish B4 tonight and then move on to probably geography as I REALLY need to get the human content nailed to a T if I still want that A* after Tuesday's performance...

Just a baby update tonight as I haven't done much revision and I didn't sit an exam so there's not much to say really - until tomorrow! :smile:

Haha - 4 hours of Bake Off sounds good to me! :biggrin:
Well done on the revision so far :smile:

(P.S Your profile pic is super pretty!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

-B4.1 spec notes made

At least you've done something :smile:
Oh i remember when i used to watch Bake off :h:
Original post by lilacpotato
Haha - 4 hours of Bake Off sounds good to me! :biggrin:
Well done on the revision so far :smile:

(P.S Your profile pic is super pretty!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was so good :biggrin: I love it
Thank you :smile:

Aww you're so sweet!! :h:
Original post by nisha.sri
At least you've done something :smile:
Oh i remember when i used to watch Bake off :h:

Yep - your mentality is honestly what gets me through! :smile:
And USED TO?? Why would you ever stop? :tongue:
Yep - your mentality is honestly what gets me through! :smile:
And USED TO?? Why would you ever stop? :tongue:

Haha that's so sweet :wink:
Well i used to watch it before when the muslim girl won but now i just don't have time anymore :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Haha that's so sweet :wink:
Well i used to watch it before when the muslim girl won but now i just don't have time anymore :smile:

No problem :smile:
And at least you're up to date :wink: I can't wait for the new series in August/September :biggrin:
1/06/2016 - Evening update

It's June :biggrin: Summer is here!!!

Delayed start again today due to the dentist and the gym, and an unexpected headache which held me back massively :frown:

I've again only managed to do a teensy little bit of revision, but at least I've done some I guess:
-71 German vocab mastered on Memrise
-half of C6 notes made

Tomorrow I'm really going to crack on I think, I want to get notes made on all the unit 7s this weekend as well as geography. There's a possibility I'm going to a party tomorrow night though but it won't be until late so I've got plenty of time to get stuff done all being well :smile:
What A-levels are you planning to take?
Original post by richpanda
What A-levels are you planning to take?

Hey, I'm taking Maths, Further Maths and Physics next year :smile:
Hey, I'm taking Maths, Further Maths and Physics next year :smile:

Only the 3?
Original post by richpanda
Only the 3?

Yeah, because of the changes to A Levels my school are only letting most people do 3. Some are allowed to do 4 (I'm one of them) but because one of my choices fell through and there's nothing else I would rather do I just decided to stick with the 3.
2/06/2016 - Afternoon update

Really really early update today as I have to get ready and won't get back until really late tonight.

I've been a little more focused today but still not great:
-60 German vocab mastered on Memrise
-C5 notes finished (completely forgot I hadn't finished them)
-8 C6 cards written
hello :smile: didn't realise that you had your own revision thread! well done for all the revision that you have managed to do and i hope that you have fun tonight :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
hello :smile: didn't realise that you had your own revision thread! well done for all the revision that you have managed to do and i hope that you have fun tonight :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! :smile: Yeah haha I've had it since February! (Strange to think TSR has been a part of my life for this long :tongue:)
Thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending