The Student Room Group

history GCSE

i am failing in history gcse, its in 4 days any help on how to learn everything???
Make mindmaps, try to remember key events along with their dates
Reply 2
Private message me and I will promise to help you.
Source: high acheiving history IGCSE student.
I am going to make notes on each event and learn the dates. I am also going to think of key factors for each event.
Reply 4
Attempt past papers and look at mark schemes to get an idea of how to structure your answers.
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Private message me and I will promise to help you.
Source: high acheiving history IGCSE student.

Can you help me too please?
Reply 6
Original post by lucymayturner

Yes I will :smile: private message me.
Reply 7
If anyone needs any help I got an A* (along with full UMS) in History GCSE last year, and I am currently studying it at AS Level. PM me and I'll be happy to help :h:
Original post by lucymayturner

I'm doing edexcel and igcse and got 98% in the mocks in Jan which was the 2014 paper both paper 1 and 2. The topics I do are Weimar and nazi Germany, superpower relations 1945-63 and then super two I do fall of communism and China. For Germany and the Cold War, all I've really done is run through the textbook. However I would also make plans for key questions which I can post if you want. (The questions that is). You explain each key event - cause event and consequence. Also you'll need to know how to structure answers for question whic is easy:For edexcel igcse,A) Timeline so know your datesB) point, evidence explainC) two but three is possible PEEL (L is link) and a link conclusion.. X lead to y because ... And y led to z. If you struggle to find links, just link them in chronology! No intro neededD) three but four if possible PEEL with a proper conclusion that sums what your saying up remembering to quote from source AND use own knowledge but this is simple as most of the points are in the source: "the most important reason for the nazis rise to power was"hitler" " for example.. Bad example but your point is hitler and you've quoted so this would work.
Reply 9
Original post by HarryScotchy
I'm doing edexcel and igcse and got 98% in the mocks in Jan which was the 2014 paper both paper 1 and 2. The topics I do are Weimar and nazi Germany, superpower relations 1945-63 and then super two I do fall of communism and China. For Germany and the Cold War, all I've really done is run through the textbook. However I would also make plans for key questions which I can post if you want. (The questions that is). You explain each key event - cause event and consequence. Also you'll need to know how to structure answers for question whic is easy:For edexcel igcse,A) Timeline so know your datesB) point, evidence explainC) two but three is possible PEEL (L is link) and a link conclusion.. X lead to y because ... And y led to z. If you struggle to find links, just link them in chronology! No intro neededD) three but four if possible PEEL with a proper conclusion that sums what your saying up remembering to quote from source AND use own knowledge but this is simple as most of the points are in the source: "the most important reason for the nazis rise to power was"hitler" " for example.. Bad example but your point is hitler and you've quoted so this would work.

Wow that is a phenomenal score, well done! Thanks for providing brilliant tips as well :smile: much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending