The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
Canelo beats Avon Barksdale @ 155.

Thoughts?

But loses to Cutty in the 5th
re yesterday's roasting from everyone aimed at everyone else, this is how I imagine half of you lot

[video="youtube;WPkMUU9tUqk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkMUU9tUqk&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Is that Jam in disguise
Original post by Rk2k14
When did you lot start applying for accommodation (undergraduate)?

I think straight after I got the offer so it was around April I believe, has been over 7 years now though so I think that's right.

Is this university going to be your firm or insurance? As unis tend to give you preferential accommodation if it is our firm and you should get the chance to pick a few choices.
Original post by Rk2k14
AJ>Whyte
Wilder>AJ
Haye>AJ
Wilder>AJ
Fury>everyone

Delete yourself.
Original post by Rk2k14
When did you lot start applying for accommodation (undergraduate)?

Do it asap tbh. Just after your offer obviously.
Original post by Rk2k14
Lol'd when he started dropping them languages.

Cant be a Hood Commentary without him running off:biggrin:

Why you moving away from Manchester Uni? That sets you up for life ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4647
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Why you moving away from Manchester Uni? That sets you up for life ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I picked it as my insurance because it was the lower offer (isn't that what you're supposed to do).

Depends on how my grades go, but i was to get a place at Manchester then it'd be cool.
Reply 4648
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Delete yourself.

Not this again:colonhash:

Get off the hype train man.
Original post by Rk2k14
I picked it as my insurance because it was the lower offer (isn't that what you're supposed to do).

Depends on how my grades go, but i was to get a place at Manchester then it'd be cool.

Yeah that's cool. Grats on the offer. Where'd you firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4650
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Yeah that's cool. Grats on the offer. Where'd you firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lancaster

Would have put Manchester as first but Lancaster had the higher offer.
Original post by Rk2k14
Lancaster

Would have put Manchester as first but Lancaster had the higher offer.

Fair enough. Both good uni's tbh, I'd probably go with Manc but depends on which one you prefer as well as course structure and ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4652
Lancaster is a very good university tbf. You know what, living in the north of England is quite cool. Has a completely different vibe to the south.
Original post by Rk2k14
Not this again:colonhash:

Get off the hype train man.

Haye is finished as a world champion. His last fight was literally the worst thing I've ever watched, and I've been watching John Obi Mikel playing centre-back for the last few months.

Haye just wants a payday that he doesn't deserve.

He wouldn't beat Dillian Whyte, let alone Anthony Joshua.
Reply 4654
Haye is finished as a world champion. His last fight was literally the worst thing I've ever watched, and I've been watching John Obi Mikel playing centre-back for the last few months.

Haye just wants a payday that he doesn't deserve.

He wouldn't beat Dillian Whyte, let alone Anthony Joshua.

You clearly don't understand the business of boxing.
I'll explain to the 'casual' fans whats the DL.

Haye picked a **** opponent to make it look as if he's this destructive force to the casual fans, which would have certainly made them more interested in his upcoming fight with Briggs.
He won't be as good as he was before, but will still be a force. AJ got rocked by a fatboy and even this Haye (after a few more fights under his belt) would knock him out.
He hasn't fought anyone remotely good and if he came up against a former champ like Haye he'd be exposed.
Quote me.
Haye's probably still one of the best heavyweights in the world tbh. Only guys I'd say that definitely beat him are Fury, Wlad and Luis Ortiz.
Original post by Rk2k14
You clearly don't understand the business of boxing.
I'll explain to the 'casual' fans whats the DL.

Haye picked a **** opponent to make it look as if he's this destructive force to the casual fans, which would have certainly made them more interested in his upcoming fight with Briggs.
He won't be as good as he was before, but will still be a force. AJ got rocked by a fatboy and even this Haye (after a few more fights under his belt) would knock him out.
He hasn't fought anyone remotely good and if he came up against a former champ like Haye he'd be exposed.
Quote me.

ffs don't call me casual when you said Haye would beat Joshua.

Everytime Joshua fights someone people say it's his biggest challenge and that he'll be found out, and then he blitzes them. Look at the change in opinion about Charles Martin before and after to see how fickle people can be. Funny how he beat the reigning World Champion yet still 'hasn't fought anyone'

Joshua got chinned by Whyte for literally a round, and won 6 of the 7 rounds before the KO. He also said it was more of a brawl than a boxing match and he was more focused on hurting and winding up Whyte than actually boxing. The Martin fight he was switched on and bullied him.

Haye's an absolute prick lets be honest. I like him as a pundit on Sky but as a man and a trashtalker he's an absolute w*nker. Even the casual fans on Dave ffs were embarrassed by that fight. He was an incredible boxer in his prime, but he can't come back from 2-3 years out with the injury he had, and go and fight someone like Joshua within his first 4-5 fights back for a world Championship, and win, which Haye said he wanted to do btw.

As a business man Haye's one of the best in the business, made over a million quid from that atrocious last fight as he was self-promoted, he's loud mouthed so the Briggs fight will be perfect for both of them to make millions. But as a fight it's a 35 year old v a 44 year old - they need someway to hype it and Haye making it look as if he's still World Champion material v's a pub fighter is the way to do it.

But Haye is still an absolute pussy. Backed out of fighting Fury twice via shite excuses - he doesn't deserve a shot at being world champion tbh - should at the very least go for a british title first.
I agree; he is a dickhead of the highest order
Reply 4658
ffs don't call me casual when you said Haye would beat Joshua.

Everytime Joshua fights someone people say it's his biggest challenge and that he'll be found out, and then he blitzes them. Look at the change in opinion about Charles Martin before and after to see how fickle people can be. Funny how he beat the reigning World Champion yet still 'hasn't fought anyone'

Joshua got chinned by Whyte for literally a round, and won 6 of the 7 rounds before the KO. He also said it was more of a brawl than a boxing match and he was more focused on hurting and winding up Whyte than actually boxing. The Martin fight he was switched on and bullied him.

Haye's an absolute prick lets be honest. I like him as a pundit on Sky but as a man and a trashtalker he's an absolute w*nker. Even the casual fans on Dave ffs were embarrassed by that fight. He was an incredible boxer in his prime, but he can't come back from 2-3 years out with the injury he had, and go and fight someone like Joshua within his first 4-5 fights back for a world Championship, and win, which Haye said he wanted to do btw.

As a business man Haye's one of the best in the business, made over a million quid from that atrocious last fight as he was self-promoted, he's loud mouthed so the Briggs fight will be perfect for both of them to make millions. But as a fight it's a 35 year old v a 44 year old - they need someway to hype it and Haye making it look as if he's still World Champion material v's a pub fighter is the way to do it.

But Haye is still an absolute pussy. Backed out of fighting Fury twice via shite excuses - he doesn't deserve a shot at being world champion tbh - should at the very least go for a british title first.

You made a causal statement about AJ.

Don't be gullible. How else do you expect them to sell AJ fighting a pub guy? We all know he's going to beat a fighter we've never heard before. Martin was also a pub guy. Won the title without even fighting ffs and wasn't even a top 10 fighter. Says it all.

He got chinned by Whyte. Regardless of its for a round, someone like Haye would knock him out straight up.

Yeah, Haye is a straight up c*nt but he knows how to fight. He obviously wants the AJ fight now because like the everyone who hasn't jumped on the hype train, know that AJ's got a lot of weaknesses in his game that could be exposed by a top fighter. AJ and Hearn don't want the fight now, but I guarantee you they'll take it within the next few years (if Haye's about), so it'll be a walk in the park for the former. Fighting seasoned guys is their thing.

Even if Haye beats Briggs he's stilll fought a better opponent then any of AJ's and a couple more fights then he should get a shot. Hardly an abundance of top heavyweights out there he has to get ahead of too beat. Too good for the British title. AJ's the weakest of the heavyweight champs so it makes sense he wants that fight.
Original post by Rk2k14
You made a causal statement about AJ.

Don't be gullible. How else do you expect them to sell AJ fighting a pub guy? We all know he's going to beat a fighter we've never heard before. Martin was also a pub guy. Won the title without even fighting ffs and wasn't even a top 10 fighter. Says it all.

He got chinned by Whyte. Regardless of its for a round, someone like Haye would knock him out straight up.

Yeah, Haye is a straight up c*nt but he knows how to fight. He obviously wants the AJ fight now because like the everyone who hasn't jumped on the hype train, know that AJ's got a lot of weaknesses in his game that could be exposed by a top fighter. AJ and Hearn don't want the fight now, but I guarantee you they'll take it within the next few years (if Haye's about), so it'll be a walk in the park for the former. Fighting seasoned guys is their thing.

Even if Haye beats Briggs he's stilll fought a better opponent then any of AJ's and a couple more fights then he should get a shot. Hardly an abundance of top heavyweights out there he has to get ahead of too beat. Too good for the British title. AJ's the weakest of the heavyweight champs so it makes sense he wants that fight.

How did Martin not fight to win the world title? He beat Glazkov in 3 rounds, and he's ranked number 9 by the IBF even now, 2 months after he lost.

I really do love how getting chinned by Whyte, to nowhere near the level that Joshua chins his other opponents, somehow means that Haye would straight up knock him out.

I agree with the current ability that Joshua has atm, which is why people like Fury/Wilder should be looking at fighting him within the next 12/18 months to unify the belts, and why Hearn will be reluctant to throw him into those fights before he's ready - he's only had 16 fights ffs - Fury's had 25 and they already being compared. There's only 2 world champions and the other two are Fury and Wilder ffs so obviously he'll be the weaker. I can understand why Haye would want to fight Joshua too, but he doesn't deserve to just walk back-in and challenge him.

Like I said, he wouldn't beat Whyte (12 rounds) or even Bellew.

Latest