The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MeganMcAlister
I sometimes find T6 to be harder than T4 :frown: I think it's the fact T4 is all calculator which makes it a bit easier

i suppose, the most important things to learn are sine, cos and tan, they come up very often! additionally simultaneous equations are a reoccurring question in most years!
Original post by chemnerd4life
I think I've done every paper possible, some even twice. I'm pretty confident with sin and cos graphs but the tan not so much.

Also, revise rationalising the denominator of a surd where the denominator is a number being added to the root..so to rationalise it you need to change the plus to a negative etc..I think CCEA have been sneaky this year in maths exams, putting material on papers that has never came up on any papers before!! So expect the unexpected! Ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
T6 went super well I think. Don't want to think about it too much but I was gliding past most of the questions. Makes me feel good but I have a little bit of self doubt about careless mistakes.

Admittedly, the last few questions were confusing. But a few friends who excel in maths were getting the same answers. (Perimeter 75cm, area 8000/9000~ (forget) and the probability 0.2196 (I had 29/132 written down). The last question drove me up the wall. Couldn't figure it out. But I have (contained) high hopes for a pretty decent result now.

English yesterday was okay. I'm pretty good at personal writing but is it just me or there wasn't much language to analyse on the covers? (Enigma from the riddle, rhetorical questions and the odd rule of three) but nothing major? Was pretty stuck there but it went okay.

All the exams I dreaded most are out of the way. German, Business and Bio, Chem, Physics with a Physics unit 1 repeat coming up. So much easier.
I also got 29/132 but was told it was wrong by like everyone? I hope its right
Hey Just a quick question as I'm really unsure of Uniform Marking Scale.I sat the tier 5 completion paper foundation today for Ccea maths. Could someone please explain what kind of marks I would need to get to pass , I got 109 on the uniform marking scale on the tier 2 paper back in January. So went the cash in route. What is the average percent from the two papers today to get the C grade
Reply 385
Original post by Okdmd46

yeah I also got 29/132!!!
Reply 386
has anyone got French reading tomorrow?
Original post by RIPme
yeah I also got 29/132!!!

Thankgod for that
Original post by Okdmd46

Also got 29/132 and so did my friend who's amazingggg at maths( shoutout to you Katie, I know your reading this 😉)
Anyone want to compare answers?
Comment what you got for whatever questions you can remember...
Anyone want to compare answers?
Comment what you got for whatever questions you can remember...

The question about the line at the end? On the non calculator
Original post by Okdmd46

I got y=x^2 - 11
If any of you do OCR 21st Century Further Science, I have made a thread to discuss all of the exams so feel free if this applies to you! Good luck everyone!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4115407
I got y=x^2 - 11

Yep! So did i!
Original post by Okdmd46

Last question on paper 2
Original post by Okdmd46
Yep! So did i!

Yay! Did you get 1/4 for the surds question on the non-calc paper?
Yay! Did you get 1/4 for the surds question on the non-calc paper?

Yep, i messed up the standard form though, i multiplied instead of dividing, what did u get for the locus question?
Original post by Okdmd46
Yep, i messed up the standard form though, i multiplied instead of dividing, what did u get for the locus question?

Aw that sucks! I wasn't too sure of the method, I learnt it but forgot it. But I drew along along y=3
Aw that sucks! I wasn't too sure of the method, I learnt it but forgot it. But I drew along along y=3

Yea, did u to the two semicirlces and the point they overlapped, draw the line down? Yea it was y=3
Original post by Okdmd46
Yea, did u to the two semicirlces and the point they overlapped, draw the line down? Yea it was y=3

No haha, I just used common sense. Probably gonna lose a mark for having no construction lines
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest