The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology PSYA1/PSYA2 Revision Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Whoever said that OCD is coming up THANK YOU!
I didn't do well on the cognitive approach l lost 8 HUGE marks.

I cried to my teacher and she was like its okay...its not okay, l revised a lot and l just got confused whether if l was rght about the cognitive approach because l put the right answer first and crossed it out and talked about negative triad...

Im screwed
Original post by the.chantele
I didn't do well on the cognitive approach l lost 8 HUGE marks.

I cried to my teacher and she was like its okay...its not okay, l revised a lot and l just got confused whether if l was rght about the cognitive approach because l put the right answer first and crossed it out and talked about negative triad...

Im screwed

did you not give 2 limitations?
Original post by Rigby16
Cog explanation of depression OR bio explanation of OCD as a 12 marker. I mean it could also be bio treatment for ocd but there has been two treatments already one on cog and one on behaviourist.
8 Marker on definitions of abnormality

dudeee i wish i saw this before the exammmm ;( how are you so accurate?! do you do sociology predictions too?
Original post by hehexd
did you not give 2 limitations?

What were the possible evaluation points?
Original post by the.chantele
What were the possible evaluation points?

theory is reductionist/computer models dont generalise to humans
hi can someone send me the third set of the a-level psychology for paper 1
Reply 247
why? the exams for psychology are over
Reply 248
Original post by priyanka pandya
hi can someone send me the third set of the a-level psychology for paper 1

why? the exams for psychology are over.
Is there a link to gain access to third set specimen papers for a2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone help me? I want to go over the Unit 1 paper again to see roughly how many marks I could have got, but I can't remember any of the social influence questions... Does anyone else remember?
Original post by NiamhGibson
Can anyone help me? I want to go over the Unit 1 paper again to see roughly how many marks I could have got, but I can't remember any of the social influence questions... Does anyone else remember?

Check with this: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#heading=h.wzo1ybw3m8mf :smile:
hi, do you happen to know where the third set paper is for biopsychology
Hi guys, hope all your AS exams went well, I'm sure you did great. :h:I just finished A-Levels and will, hopefully, be in Uni in September to study Midwifery at Leeds (firm choice) or Biomedical Sciences at DMU (insurance).I know that your spec is different, but I have heard some of the topics will be same/similar (correct me if I am wrong).I'm trying to get some savings together for uni so I will be selling my notes, but at VERY low prices online. I have notes on Biology, Psychology AQA and Geography AQA.Last year for AS I got AAB (B in Psychology).If anyone is interested please let me know - I will post some links up, you can preview them too. Other than that, if you have any questions or need any advice on anything I am happy to help. Thank-you! :colondollar:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-YN4_YfkBkVbVlSaG5QbVBmV3c&usp=drive_web The papers we sat are available to look at if you want.
Hi
I am currently studying psychology at A level and as part of this i have been asked to do a small piece of research over the summer. I have chosen intelligence as my research topic for this project.
I am using surveys as the main source of data collection and just came to ask if you would please take the time to complete te survey i hve produced? It will take no longer than 10 minutes, I really appreciate your help 😊 Thanks

The survey:
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RH5RCNT
Reply 256
How did everyone do in this subject? X
Original post by Sapz_9
How did everyone do in this subject? X

got a B only 2 marks off an A lol fml wbu
Reply 258
Original post by hashman
got a B only 2 marks off an A lol fml wbu

Well done good work! I got a B also, although strangely on the results sheet nobody from my college had their marks for either psychology papers :curious::curious::curious: I asked a teacher on results day to check the system and there wasn't marks for it on the system either. I heard apparently the papers got lost or something but then how would they be able to give a grade? Anyway it did say points and I had 210 points next to psychology, dunno what that equates to though... Did anyone else have this problem and if so can someone help please lol
Original post by Sapz_9
Well done good work! I got a B also, although strangely on the results sheet nobody from my college had their marks for either psychology papers :curious::curious::curious: I asked a teacher on results day to check the system and there wasn't marks for it on the system either. I heard apparently the papers got lost or something but then how would they be able to give a grade? Anyway it did say points and I had 210 points next to psychology, dunno what that equates to though... Did anyone else have this problem and if so can someone help please lol

yo high five good stuff :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending