The Student Room Group

Trinity College Law Essay Competition

Anyone entered for the essay competition? How did you take the question? How long was your response?

The deadline is by the end of today and I'm still writing mine. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did! But you already know that 😄
I AM PISSED

First when I went to submit I found that over 200 words had been deleted and I tried to rewrite it in the few minutes I had left. Then I submitted but it didn't accept it so I had to resubmit it after the deadline so I don't know if it will count.

But it doesn't even matter if it counts or not because it's **** and it cut out the end of my last sentence and I didn't realise. 'The current situation in the UK demonstrates the safety and effectiveness of a law which censors all ‘grossly offensive’ remarks, but still allows the existence of other'

THAT WAS THE END OF MY BLOODY ESSAY

1457468761611.jpg
Has anyone heard about this yet? I understand they usually notify people about three weeks after the deadline, so it should be any day now.
Reply 4
I haven't heard anything either :frown:
Original post by KiranG23
I haven't heard anything either :frown:

I imagine they email everyone, regardless of whether you were one of the top 10. So I think we should probably just sit tight. As I say, it'll probably be some time this week.
Reply 6
Any of you guys heard anything yet?
Reply 7
No not yet :frown:
What made people think we would hear this week? :smile:
Reply 9
I have no idea, I don't remember being told when we would hear at all
Reply 10
Don't think there was ever any official indication, but looking at previous years, the results have been announced about 3 weeks following the competition's closing date.
Do they email everyone or just the winners?
Reply 12
You guys heard any word yet?
Original post by realdka
You guys heard any word yet?

Still nothing :/
Still waiting to hear anything. I can only think that there must have been a reasonable amount of entries as they said we would hear in due course so perhaps marking has taken longer due to the amount of essays?
Add me to the list of waiters :P
Yep, still waiting.
Reply 17
Still no news, surely we'll find out this week. Any of you considered contacting them to ask when we might hear?
Original post by realdka
Still no news, surely we'll find out this week. Any of you considered contacting them to ask when we might hear?

I thought about it but knowing me the minute I contact them will be the minute they send out the results anyway! I'd imagine they won't wait much longer at all as last year the top 10 entrants visited Trinity on the 1st July and that isn't too long away at all.
Original post by EmilyJ1215
I thought about it but knowing me the minute I contact them will be the minute they send out the results anyway! I'd imagine they won't wait much longer at all as last year the top 10 entrants visited Trinity on the 1st July and that isn't too long away at all.

Even more reason to ask, martyr yourself so we all get the results sooner :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending