The Student Room Group

A2: Old Environmental Past Papers & revision tips?

Hi,

I'm studying the AQA A2 environmental studies a level (units 3 &4), but I noticed AQA delete older past papers from their site.
So I'm wondering does anyone have any of ther older versions of the A2 past paper, say 2008 or 2009?

Also, does anyone have any good tips for revision? At the moment I'm just doing past paper, exams are on 13th & 17th June

Thanks
Original post by JohnnyDavidson
Hi,

I'm studying the AQA A2 environmental studies a level (units 3 &4), but I noticed AQA delete older past papers from their site.
So I'm wondering does anyone have any of ther older versions of the A2 past paper, say 2008 or 2009?

Also, does anyone have any good tips for revision? At the moment I'm just doing past paper, exams are on 13th & 17th June

Thanks

Hi Johnny,

I didn't do A2 Environmental Studies (I dropped it after AS), but I would say the best thing to do is to just learn the content as well as you can. I found Environmental Studies past papers to be fairly useless because they had different questions every year. However, if you learn the content as well as you can (whilst not forgetting the AS content because I believe the A2 exams are synoptic), you will be better able to link the content to the questions and get higher marks :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hi Johnny,

I didn't do A2 Environmental Studies (I dropped it after AS), but I would say the best thing to do is to just learn the content as well as you can. I found Environmental Studies past papers to be fairly useless because they had different questions every year. However, if you learn the content as well as you can (whilst not forgetting the AS content because I believe the A2 exams are synoptic), you will be better able to link the content to the questions and get higher marks :smile:

Thanks for the response. Yeh I found the same last year too, I was surprised how little of what you cover ends up in the exam! Which is good if the bits you know come up, not so good otherwise haha.

Do you have any tips for learning the content? Just trawl back through the textbook?
Original post by JohnnyDavidson
Thanks for the response. Yeh I found the same last year too, I was surprised how little of what you cover ends up in the exam! Which is good if the bits you know come up, not so good otherwise haha.

Do you have any tips for learning the content? Just trawl back through the textbook?

When I was doing AS Environmental Studies, I had a really bad teacher, so I looked at the specification to find out what I needed to learn, then used the textbook to make notes on each topic. Perhaps that's something you could try? :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
When I was doing AS Environmental Studies, I had a really bad teacher, so I looked at the specification to find out what I needed to learn, then used the textbook to make notes on each topic. Perhaps that's something you could try? :smile:

I have no teacher at all, so I can emphasise with that haha.

I have the spec too, I find it quite handy, though only thing I find is a lot of what's in the spec doesn't seem to come to be in the textbook. But I'm sure it will come in handy, as I have no other ways to revise haha, so thanks for the tip!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending