The Student Room Group

Ramadan and school

Scroll to see replies

Come out and say you are not, no point living your life as a lie following some false god. Just be free and happy
Reply 21
r u a gal? if so... period
or just say you're really ill
Were you born Muslim or do you come from a. Muslim family as that has a big role to play
Original post by Legendary Quest
If only it was that easy. Coming out as an apostate is very difficult mainly because of the way your family and your Muslim community may treat you.

I'm not promoting you into leaving Islam, but you states you were no longer Muslim. So it does not effect me one bit.

Tbh, if you already left the religion, why you still pretending to be Muslim. What your parents do within their household is none of my concern, they pay the rent, do you?

To put myself in your shoes, if my parents converted from Islam to another religion and they wanted me to do the same, i would refuse. And if they told me to leave, i would find a part time job and find a 1 room place which i could afford. Or go sleep with a friend of mine.

Right now you have to follow what they say, it's like living in the UK. If you don't want to follow the Laws you can leave. If you continue to stay they will be consequences.

Now don't sit there pretending to be Muslim when you're clearly not. Don't blame your parents if they decide to kick you out, it was your choice which sparked this.

No matter what anyone says on here, your parents will decide whether they want you in their household or not.

And most of all Fear Allah.
I don't mean to be ignorant but why is everyone saying 'fear Allah'?
Surely if the person in question isn't a Muslim why should they fear an Islamic God?
And even if they are it is clear they don't want to be so why should they live in fear?
I don't understand why any God would want someone to fear them...
Just what I think anyway and my opinion doesn't count for much so..
do what you want
I see people who dont fast and i dont judge them, and no one else is bothered anyway
In my school there's some muslims who don't fast and some who keep only a few fasts so not sure why people would ask for a reason why you're not fasting? They should worry about themselves and I don't think people will really care tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you're 16 or under, ignore the posts saying how your parents have the right to kick you out if you're not being their nice little Muslim.

1933 Children and Young Persons Act makes your parents legally responsible to provide food and housing etc.

If they still try - tell social services and nasty parents punished!
Original post by k.m.b
do what you want
I see people who dont fast and i dont judge them, and no one else is bothered anyway

Yeah i agree !:smile:
Original post by z33
r u a gal? if so... period
or just say you're really ill

A one month period? :lol:

(Just say it's complicated :tongue:)

Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
I'm not promoting you into leaving Islam, but you states you were no longer Muslim. So it does not effect me one bit.

Tbh, if you already left the religion, why you still pretending to be Muslim. What your parents do within their household is none of my concern, they pay the rent, do you?

To put myself in your shoes, if my parents converted from Islam to another religion and they wanted me to do the same, i would refuse. And if they told me to leave, i would find a part time job and find a 1 room place which i could afford. Or go sleep with a friend of mine.

Right now you have to follow what they say, it's like living in the UK. If you don't want to follow the Laws you can leave. If you continue to stay they will be consequences.

Now don't sit there pretending to be Muslim when you're clearly not. Don't blame your parents if they decide to kick you out, it was your choice which sparked this.

No matter what anyone says on here, your parents will decide whether they want you in their household or not.

And most of all Fear Allah.

You've successfully simplified an incredibly difficult problem. I find it rather disturbing that you would so easily end your relationship with your parents. I don't know about OP but I love my parents and I am not ready to jeopardise my relationship with them, especially not during a difficult and problematic time in our lives.

See the bit in bold? That is precisely what worries most of us. Being kicked out? No, not quite. It's not being able to speak to your family again. Now, I have no idea how my parents would react if I told them but I would much rather tell them when I am confident enough.

The fact that you (and many other Muslims) believe it is perfectly fine for a parent to kick out their child purely because they no longer hold the same religious beliefs is disturbing to say the least. OP is in school in case you forgot. Of course he won't want to be kicked out.

But yeah. Allah knows best..

You've successfully simplified an incredibly difficult problem. I find it rather disturbing that you would so easily end your relationship with your parents. I don't know about OP but I love my parents and I am not ready to jeopardise my relationship with them, especially not during a difficult and problematic time in our lives.

See the bit in bold? That is precisely what worries most of us. Being kicked out? No, not quite. It's not being able to speak to your family again. Now, I have no idea how my parents would react if I told them but I would much rather tell them when I am confident enough.

The fact that you (and many other Muslims) believe it is perfectly fine for a parent to kick out their child purely because they no longer hold the same religious beliefs is disturbing to say the least. OP is in school in case you forgot. Of course he won't want to be kicked out.

But yeah. Allah knows best..

You guys have misunderstood I'm sure my parents won't mind if I don't fast. Its people at school that causes me concern as I live in a majority muslim area its going to be difficult or awkward an easy solution would be to just eat in the toilet?
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous
If I want to eat and there are muslims in front of me they will ask questions x why you not fasting etc.. I can't answer I'm not a muslim noone knows so what excuse do I use maybe I have medication that I need to take?

if ur a girl say ur on ur period (altho this is a temporary measure). if ur not then just say u dont fast. I'm muslim and i fast but i have friends who dont, and it doesn't rlly bother me because that's their choice, not mine. fyi I'm also a teen in high school, and i know people from other schools who either dont fast or have friends who dont fast and other muslims in their school seem ok with it.

at first i was gonna ask 'if ur not muslim why do u need an excuse to fast, u dont need to' but ur situation is a little more complicated. just say ur not fasting, end of. if anyone has a problem with that, let them feel free to say whatever, dont hang around with them because they're obviously not worth it if they believe that everyone should be like them

also i'd like to say that i personally dont believe that islam limits people. at least not myself or anyone that i know of. islam is still a choice, but it seems ur only pretending to be muslim for the sake of other people, so thats not the religion's fault. its surprising how far you're willing to go for other people. i would say admirable but technically ur lying to them.

i mean even if people end up finding out ur not muslim at heart, then they should just live with it. altho it would be nice if u joined in on ramadan (lol i had to try ok)

even if those excuses dont work, i know 2 girls who're saying they're not going to fast until they're 18 because they're still children and their bodies are growing so they thinks its not good to fast

hope this kinda helped
You guys have misunderstood I'm sure my parents won't mind if I don't fast. Its people at school that causes me concern as I live in a majority muslim area its going to be difficult or awkward an easy solution would be to just eat in the toilet?

Hi mate,

Does every muslim in your school fast?
If you want to leave you can.

Fear Allah and astaghfirrullah.
Reply 34
Just say you have medical issues and if you fast your fast will be broken and not be valid so there is no point of even trying for you. They'll likely fill in the blanks.
Reply 35

ummmmmmmmmmm blood thinners? :dontknow: :lol:
Original post by Kryptonian
Hi mate,

Does every muslim in your school fast?

Yes or they pretend to maybe a few year 7s don't im in Year 11

Yeah, just eat in private. Toilet seems strange. Maybe try and find another place to eat?
What excuses can I make for not fasting. Fyi I am not a muslim so these retards who just spam fear allah and stupid stuff like that can keep their belief to themselves. If they want to limit themselves then fine. there will be muslims who may ask me why am i not fasting etc what would I say to them or what can I do? Should I eat in the toilet at school?

If you're not a muslim, don't fast.

if you have converted to another religion just say so, honestly.

If you were a muslim and are now atheist, tell people. Most muslim teenagers are far more understanding than their parents, so the most you would get is probably a couple of muslims asking you why you stopped believing then after a couple of minutes they would just deal with the fact that you are an atheist.

or just skip lunch at school :confused::confused: if you really don't want to tell people :curious:

also

:2euk48l::bban:F E A R ALLAH:beard::bhangra:
Reply 39
Original post by Withengar
Reasons to fast: Literally none. Allah is fictional, Islam is a medieval, primitive mythology of violent desert tribes.

Reasons not to fast: Hundreds of years of knowledge about human biology, healthy diet, nutrition and physical health, all backed up by literal mountains of evidence and solid scientific fact.

Really? Go search google and you will see the reasons to fast. Go ahead.

Quick Reply

Latest