The Student Room Group

Why can we not all accept each other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Anonymous_Girl
I didn't say you did, I just simply stated a simple fact. Not all Muslims are terrorists and our religion doesn't need reform, did Christianity need 'reform' when black people were getting lynched on the street? No, I don't think anyone talked about reform then. Isn't that funny?

Islam really does need a reform, It oppresses many different kinds of people including women and gay people. And yes Christianity did and has reformed and now is far more tolerant than Islam
Because of religion, government, media etcetcetcccc
sounds like a nice sentiment but if you stand for nothing you will fall for everything some people want to maintain our culture and history and way of life and if that means being against immigration Islam in the UK and treading on a few toes etc then so be it
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Yeah , but I guess hate speech against islam wont abolish the religion will it?

A good majority of terrorists seem to be muslim.

Don't confuse this with a majority of muslims being terrorists
What we need is an agreement.
As much as we try, we can't have the whole world negotiating with each other until they have a common threat or interest (a common worldwide threat is usually proved to be the better of the two at uniting people). Maybe we can unite when we finally have a common threat.

We can see this occurring right now with global warming and terrorism, forcing cohesion. Terrorism is a loose cohesion between governments, while global warming is a strong one. Governments are still selfish though.

We need to unite...
Unite against aliens...

Or just get some benevolent dictator to run things for us.

Spoiler

Original post by student.feed
With racism, religious discrimination and people like BNP gaining popularity, can't we accept each other and live in peace?

It's a nice idea.

Not sure about the BNP gaining popularity though?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_2015#Results
The age of the otter is nigh, puny humans.
its because everyone is judgemental and insecure
Original post by Onde
Christianity didn't need to' reform' when black people were getting lynched because Christian ideology doesn't order its followers to kill others, unlike Islam.

Please, quote me a verse from the Quran, which I have finished that says those exact words, love.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Islam really does need a reform, It oppresses many different kinds of people including women and gay people. And yes Christianity did and has reformed and now is far more tolerant than Islam

It really doesn't. Just because a few do bad things with a religion doesn't mean the whole religion has to be reformed. And as I said to someone else before, how does it oppress women? I'm a Muslim woman, and I'm not oppressed. And, to be honest, society became more secular, so Christianity lost its influence, it never reformed.
Original post by Onde
Christianity didn't need to' reform' when black people were getting lynched because Christian ideology doesn't order its followers to kill others, unlike Islam.

Please, yet again, quote where Islam 'orders its followers to kill others'. Because I read the Quran and I have not seen that anywhere. But, obviously, you're much better versed in the Quran than I am, that you can find quotes that do not exist in it. What a skill.
Please, quote me a verse from the Quran, which I have finished that says those exact words, love.

"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" - Quran 8:12
Original post by Onde
Those who were killed on the orders of Muhammad, Bin Laden, Zarqawi etc. did not need to know Arabic to know what Islam was about.

Enlighten me, then. Seen as you know so much about Islam. What is Islam about? You know what I hate? When people base their opinion about a whole religion on what the minority are like.
Reply 53
The government should try to promote more community cohesion:smile:
People are afraid by things which they don't fully understand, and they are terrifyingly easy to influence. It's a sad fact of life that continues to hold society back from progressing.
Original post by Anonymous
"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" - Quran 8:12

Every Holy Book has to be contextualised. Those who can't differentiate between that are terrorists. Even the Bible is guilty of it:

Exodus 32:27-29Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' "The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."
Because the human race can't or won't "live and let live".
Original post by Onde
Well, for example, the first tenet of Islam, that all Muslims must follow is to recognise that "There is no god but God (and) Muhammad is the messenger of God."

The book that Muhammad spread his message is the qur'an, and that is full of passages that condoned perpetual war, genocide, murder, slavery, rape, torture, and so on, often expecting that Muslims carry out such atrocities against non-Muslims (including heretics).

Muhammad himself was responsible for many such crimes against humanity, and was one of the worst people who ever lived.

Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) did no unjust thing. If you bothered to open your eyes you would see that. 'The worst people who ever lived'? I would consider Hitler and Stalin one of the worst people who ever lived, you want to put Prophet Muhammad in that bracket? The Quran promotes living a peaceful and tolerant life and that those who have wronged in this life, will be punished in the next. If the Quran was what you think it is, wouldn't every Muslim be a terrorist because the Quran is the word of God and we should follow the word of God? So, shouldn't all Muslims support war, genocide, murder, slavery, rape and torture, if we all follow the same book? Your ideas are so flawed.
Every Holy Book has to be contextualised. Those who can't differentiate between that are terrorists. Even the Bible is guilty of it:

Exodus 32:27-29Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' "The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."

When the verse says "torture the unbelievers in this life as Allah will do for eternity", the context is that this is clearly a command of timeless significance.

I don't know why you say "even" the bible. The bible is less bad than the qur'an, true, even if just taking into account the Old Testament, but that is not saying very much.
Original post by AperfectBalance

Says the one with a Hitler looking person as their profile picture, ok boo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending