The Student Room Group

The ordinary girl with the extraordinary dreams.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ravioliyears
:facepalm:

:getmecoat:

I wouldn't have done it unless she didn't beg, no one else did, trust me. :biggrin:
Original post by Rhythmical
Maybe one day :wink: and I use my phone's recorder and then upload it to Vocaroo.

haha ok

ahh ic lol
Original post by mariam687
haha ok

ahh ic lol

Now I'd love to hear your voice. :wink:
Since I'm learning Swedish, I may sing a Swedish song. Zara Larsson that is :wink:

You're learning Swedish ? How cool :O :ahee:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
You're learning Swedish ? How cool :O :ahee:

Totally is, haven't gotten round to it yet but it is my favourite country in the whole world! :awesome:
Totally is, haven't gotten round to it yet but it is my favourite country in the whole world! :awesome:

Awwww :love:
So here it is, my blog which I am very happy to open. I'm surprised I've never opened one but I'm glad I have now.

I'll start by saying I'm 18 years old and I'm currently doing A Levels in English Literature, English Language and an OCR Cambridge Technical in Media. I'm currently at sixth form and I am also retaking my GCSE Maths. Maths teachers at my school are awful and it’s the worst department in the school so I am self-teaching it.

I grew up in a big family, my four sisters and my mum and dad. I'm Asian so I've always been really close to my parents and whole family, even extended. I guess everything on the surface seems normal, but it isn’t. The day I was born, my mother suffered with an asthma attack. It was heavy rain downpour and something was amiss with my birth. I appeared to have had several multiple fractures that no one knew or understood how it happened. My mum’s scans were clear so nothing was wrong expect when the doctor turned round and said something was wrong with my bones. Skip five months later and I was diagnosed with Brittle Bone Syndrome or professionally known as Osteogenesis Imperfecta. It means I’m prone to breaking my bones more easily and cannot walk at all. It never used to bother me until I grew up. I’ve had about ten operations in total, several were life threatening and I’m so lucky to have made it this far. My education has taken a downfall.

My parents had to enrol me into the local special school which should never have happened as no one with my condition goes to a special school as mentally, I’m fine and so are others. I excelled at that school and got the opportunity to go to a mainstream school at the age of 12 for two days a week, I jumped at the chance. Even though I got a poor education at the special school, it’s like I already knew things because I was more advanced than my peers at the mainstream school. When I was 13, I moved to a secondary school and started my GCSEs there whilst alternating between the special school. Those years were tough because even though the education system failed me, I didn’t want to fail myself.

I attended the mainstream school with my best friend who in year 11, passed away. She died just after my exams but I was already told she would die just before them. That’s one of the reasons why I failed badly and ended up with F/D/C grades. I tried so hard to be normal but it never worked. I set myself a challenge to obtain high grades for my best friend and go to university to study an English degree. I suffered with depression immensely when she died. I blamed myself and contemplated my life because she deserved to live more than me. I did an Access course at sixth form and changed my D in GCSE English to a B which I’m now retaking again to get an A*.

I made the decision to move to the secondary school full time last year and it’s never been better. I have more independence, yes I do struggle with making friends but I do have friends and now I’m on my way to my dream. I’ve been through so much and want to inspire others because if I can do it, so can you. I may be in a wheelchair but there is nothing that can stop me. I hope you all read and follow my blog to gain inspiration and to know that you can do anything you can set your mind on.I’m aspiring to study at UCL and Kings College and I have more than 10 GCSEs now, A*-E (will become C once I pass Maths this year!) And apologises for this being too long!

Someimes I do feel frustated because I never got the chance to have a proper education against those who refuse it or abuse it but I'm the bigger person for carrying on and making do.

Blog Posts

Losing My Best Friend Part 1

Losing My Best Friend Part 2

Losing My Best Friend Part 3 + Finale.

Why Giving Up Is Never An Option

Well done for never giving up and always pushing on through life! You are a very inspirational person and I wish you the best of luck in the rest of your life!:biggrin:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0QNloXMRJwnu

So I sang Titanium by David Guetta and Sia, it sounds awful I know.

Why you doubt your singing ability I'll never know, that's pure raw talent
Very inspirational :smile:
Original post by student.feed
Very inspirational :smile:

Thank you very much! :biggrin:

Original post by sunshine774
Well done for never giving up and always pushing on through life! You are a very inspirational person and I wish you the best of luck in the rest of your life!:biggrin:

Thank you so much! Kind words to hear and appreciate! :hugs:

Original post by Sacred Ground
Why you doubt your singing ability I'll never know, that's pure raw talent

I don't know, I get nervous I guess, I just hate my voice.
Now I'd love to hear your voice. :wink:

loool ive done a recording , the audio is ok i guess LOL
loool ive done a recording , the audio is ok i guess LOL

Gonna hear it now. :wink:
Gonna hear it now. :wink:

-slowly dying away-
-slowly dying away-

-brings you back to life-

sorry this made me laugh xD
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0QNloXMRJwnu

So I sang Titanium by David Guetta and Sia, it sounds awful I know.

That was pretty fan-****ing-tastic!!!!!

Omg that gif! :rofl:

sorry this made me laugh xD

Original post by homeland.lsw
That was pretty fan-****ing-tastic!!!!!

Gonna do Eurovision next year :wink:
Gonna do Eurovision next year :wink:

really? no way?!

srs tho, you;d rock it!!

gdluck wid it tho :smile: xoxo
really? no way?!

srs tho, you;d rock it!!

gdluck wid it tho :smile: xoxo

I'm kidding! :rofl: we never win it anyways, no matter how good the act is.
I'm kidding! :rofl: we never win it anyways, no matter how good the act is.

i think u should :smile:

but up 2 u :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest