The Student Room Group

The UK wont leave the EU. Here's why.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nabillio
But the cheap labour is being used by the elite for small manual jobs which could be given to the lower class to help bridge the gap.

Yes, but thats far far less affective than hitting the elite straight up. What if they choose to not increase wages if they hire the lower class? They could probably do that as well easy LOL since torries + less human rights because no EU.
Original post by Sajjjid
Yes, but thats far far less affective than hitting the elite straight up. What if they choose to not increase wages if they hire the lower class? They could probably do that as well easy LOL since torries + less human rights because no EU.

yes omg truth again!!!

eu literally invented human rights and if we leave the tories will take ALL OF THEM AWAY AND STILL GET VOTED IN!!!!
if we leave the EU you will have to pay when you end up in a European hospital

just saying
Original post by sainsburys wraps

just saying

yes!!!! omg the EHIC is LITERALLY ONLY THE EU COUNTRIES!!!!!! THERE'S ZERO (0) EUROPEAN COUNTRIES THAT ARE PART OF IT!!!!

(except a few but they're all RACISMS)
Original post by Sajjjid

True, but if we do leave the EU The chances are Boris Johnson will rise to leadership and he is very much in favour of increasing wages for the lower class. Plus i doubt that we will just throw all our morals and values out the window.
Reply 25

just saying

Lol theyll only realise it when theyve over dosed in magaluf and are in real trouble
Original post by Sajjjid
Lol theyll only realise it when theyve over dosed in magaluf and are in real trouble

YEs!!!!!

if we leave the eu YOU WILL LITERALLY DIE IN EUROPE!!!
Reply 27
True, but if we do leave the EU The chances are Boris Johnson will rise to leadership and he is very much in favour of increasing wages for the lower class. Plus i doubt that we will just throw all our morals and values out the window.

Politicans lie a lot. And I mean a lot. E.g before elections, they said they would decrease tuition fees. But the had the cheek to do the complete opposite. You cant trust them like that at all. + Boris, especially in London and surrounding areas is seen as a complete joke. It would be another public image flop like Ed milli
Original post by Brusselsknowbest
yes!!!! omg the EHIC is LITERALLY ONLY THE EU COUNTRIES!!!!!! THERE'S ZERO (0) EUROPEAN COUNTRIES THAT ARE PART OF IT!!!!

(except a few but they're all RACISMS)

what a saddo lmao, shouldn't you be revising for gcses?
Original post by Sajjjid
People who want to leave the EU still cant articulate an argument which isnt about hating immigrants or trying to decrease the power of human rights.

I can't tell if you're trolling. I support Brexit because the EU is a broken institution that suffers from a serious democratic deficit. The only directly elected institution of the EU, the European Parliament, is the weakest and has limited influence. The European Council is not elected, neither is the Commission. The EU is also extremely inefficient and clearly ineffective in dealing with major issues, such as the migrant crisis. Daivd Cameron's so-called 'deal' with the EU is an absolute joke - what's even more of a joke is that our prime minister had to run around begging other countries to sign off on a shite deal, despite the fact that they depend on the UK as much as we depend on them.

What's wrong with the immigration arguement? One doesn't have to hate immigrants to realise that there needs to be greater control on immigration - net migration for the UK last year was 323,000. This is set to increase this year. Yes, migrants do bring in more in taxes than they pay out, but there are other issues - for me at least, housing is the main problem. I don't understand why so many young people favour a remain vote when it will inevitably worsen the housing crisis.

You do realise the European Convention on Human Rights is not tied in anyway to the European Union? Russia is a signatory of the ECHR. If there is a Brexit, the Human Rights Act 1998 has no reason to change unless the government decides to do so. The Tories are planning a 'British Bill of Rights' regardless of the outcome, so what is your point?

Last but not least, remember that the EU as it currently resides is still in its infancy. The ultimate goal of the EU is a one-nation state - a United States of Europe, essentially. You can look through Juncker's tweets as evidence, who has many times mentioned that individual EU member states armies ought to be scrapped and united into a 'European Army'. If you're happy with throwing away the sovereignty of the UK, then I suppose voting to remain is the way to go. If you want to at some point in your life be under the control of a wholly undemocratic institution that could swiftly transform into an authoritarian, tyrannical one, voting remain is the way to go.
it will
what a saddo lmao, shouldn't you be revising for gcses?

i'm busy KEEPING BRITAIN SAFE FROM THE TORIES!!!!
The Poles stealing our jobs

Let me fix that for you "The Poles doing the jobs we are too lazy to do" :smile:
Original post by ByEeek
Let me fix that for you "The Poles doing the jobs we are too lazy to do" :smile:

This!!!! Liyerally all brits are LAZY STUPID BREXITHEADS
Original post by popcornjpg
I can't tell if you're trolling. I support Brexit because the EU is a broken institution that suffers from a serious democratic deficit. The only directly elected institution of the EU, the European Parliament, is the weakest and has limited influence. The European Council is not elected, neither is the Commission. .

Well, I cannot tell if you are trolling.

Most institutions in the UK Government are not directly elected either. Using your logic, then you would want to vote in the Cabinet and etc.

Instead, like with the EU, they are influenced directly by democratically elected Governments.
Original post by Brusselsknowbest
This!!!! Liyerally all brits are LAZY STUPID BREXITHEADS

Dude - there is no need to translate your passion into being an arse.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, I cannot tell if you are trolling.

Most institutions in the UK Government are not directly elected either. Using your logic, then you would want to vote in the Cabinet and etc.

Instead, like with the EU, they are influenced directly by democratically elected Governments.

The EU is more mediated than the cabinet, though. In the UK, the public elects representatives, the majority of whom will come to form a government - two steps, simple. For most countries in the EU, citizens vote for representatives, the majority of whom come to form a government, who then elect the Council/Commission.

Another key thing to note - the European Parliament is weak. Our Parliament, on the other hand, is still the sovereign body and possesses the ability to remove the government of the day. The executive rests on the confidence of the Commons. There is no such possibility with the EU.
The EU is more mediated than the cabinet, though. In the UK, the public elects representatives, the majority of whom will come to form a government - two steps, simple. For most countries in the EU, citizens vote for representatives, the majority of whom come to form a government, who then elect the Council/Commission. .

Right. So it is chosen by a democratically elected Government like I just said.

I don't see any reason to have a vote to choose the above when they are already chosen by a democratically elected Government.

Another key thing to note - the European Parliament is weak. Our Parliament, on the other hand, is still the sovereign body and possesses the ability to remove the government of the day. The executive rests on the confidence of the Commons. There is no such possibility with the EU.

Not really. The European Parliament approves the President and can dismiss the commission.

just saying

Noone should ever rely on the EHIC card for treatment - you'd be amazed how much it does NOT cover. You should always get travel insurance like you would for any other country. My friend stupidly relied on his EHIC card so when he got hit by a car he got his leg plastered - but the airline said he couldnt travel with the plaster - so he either had to get a different plaster put on for travel, plus a doctors certificate (neither of which were cheap or paid for by EHIC) or stay in the country at his own expense until he was better. The person he was with in the accident had travel insurance and his insurance company paid for him to have a bed on a plane with an accompanying doctor. Always worth taking out the travel insurance.

And its a bit scary you would consider staying 'in' on the basis of the EHIC card, or having to get Visas for European travel - surely this debate should be bigger than this?
Original post by Herbiechester
Noone should ever rely on the EHIC card for treatment - you'd be amazed how much it does NOT cover. You should always get travel insurance like you would for any other country. My friend stupidly relied on his EHIC card so when he got hit by a car he got his leg plastered - but the airline said he couldnt travel with the plaster - so he either had to get a different plaster put on for travel, plus a doctors certificate (neither of which were cheap or paid for by EHIC) or stay in the country at his own expense until he was better. The person he was with in the accident had travel insurance and his insurance company paid for him to have a bed on a plane with an accompanying doctor. Always worth taking out the travel insurance.

And its a bit scary you would consider staying 'in' on the basis of the EHIC card, or having to get Visas for European travel - surely this debate should be bigger than this?

I was picking one thing, its obviously not the only reason I think we should stay in the EU.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending