The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If anyone has good notes on research methods I could really appreciate it! I could send you any of my notes and essays for gender, aggression, eating behaviour, schizophrenia and media! Thank you!
Original post by PhoenixBlaze123

It's locked until you like his page on facebook but i dont have facebook :frown:
will you be able to send me them? :smile:
Reply 1482
Original post by brown_eyes
Can anyone tell me what the loopa predictions are for relationships and gender? I can't seem to access them ? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gender- bio approach/ Evo approach/ biosocial theory/ culture

Relationships- breakdown/ formation/ culture/ sexual selection
The examiners don't like IDAs in psya4 so I would avoid them. Stick to supportive research/contradictory/methodology
Original post by NHM
Gender- bio approach/ Evo approach/ biosocial theory/ culture

Relationships- breakdown/ formation/ culture/ sexual selection

thankyouu
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Does anyone know for culture in relationships how studies can be used for A02? For each study how can you open it with if it supports or refutes since there isnt really a model or theory its just differences between culture. Would you just say this study supports there being major differences amongst cultures??? Would this be credited as A02?

I'm also struggling with this! Anyonee??:s-smilie:
feel completely lost with this revision, I've attempted memorising essays but literally couldn't tell you one thing i've learnt as it's just not going in:frown: feels like revising for this exam is just a huge waste of time!
Original post by Jhbragg1998
The examiners don't like IDAs in psya4 so I would avoid them. Stick to supportive research/contradictory/methodology

How do you know this? I swear the main thing they dislike is methodology because it never gets contextualised?
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Does anyone know for culture in relationships how studies can be used for A02? For each study how can you open it with if it supports or refutes since there isnt really a model or theory its just differences between culture. Would you just say this study supports there being major differences amongst cultures??? Would this be credited as A02?

I normally say that the studies support the ideas I have mentioned um for example the idea that Western emphasis on love leads to loneliness is supported by a study by Seepersad et al...

But this is just what I've been doing and come to think of it I'm not entirely sure it's correct :s-smilie:
Original post by Bekah22
How do you know this? I swear the main thing they dislike is methodology because it never gets contextualised?

This is true. IDA is far easier to get marks on, stick with it :smile:
Original post by bmarek

with like collectivist having arranged marriages and such you can just word it like this, go into more detail though.
AO2
Goodwin et al findings challenge this as they found that only 8% of Hindu Gujarati couples living in Leicester had completely 'arranged marriages'. 73% of these couples were introduced by third parties and had considerable choice about when they wanted to get married
-> This highlights the importance of cultural differences that researches need to consider
Original post by bmarek

You need to say how each research supports whether there is a culture difference or if there isn't a difference. For example, Levine et al supports that there is a difference in attitudes towards love across cultures while evidence by Moore and Leung opposes the idea that romantic love is different across cultures with the example of Chinese Australian students vs Anglo Australian students. Can't believe I remembered all that!

So yes it's like how the original question states, either argue that there is a difference or there isn't a difference. I have a paragraph about urbanisation in India leading to th differences disappearing due to westernisation/urbanisation. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by A-LJLB
This is true. IDA is far easier to get marks on, stick with it :smile:

I thought you don't use ida in psya4?
You need to say how each research supports whether there is a culture difference or if there isn't a difference. For example, Levine et al supports that there is a difference in attitudes towards love across cultures while evidence by Moore and Leung opposes the idea that romantic love is different across cultures with the example of Chinese Australian students vs Anglo Australian students. Can't believe I remembered all that!

So yes it's like how the original question states, either argue that there is a difference or there isn't a difference. I have a paragraph about urbanisation in India leading to th differences disappearing due to westernisation/urbanisation. Hope this helps :smile:

Can I pm you a bit of my cultural essay i'm a bit iffy with?
If anyone has good notes on research methods I could really appreciate it! I could send you any of my notes and essays for gender, aggression, eating behaviour, schizophrenia and media! Thank you!
Original post by Hihihi123
I thought you don't use ida in psya4?

You don't have to, but you can do. Although I prefer not to as it just appears as weak AO2

Oh I see. Thanks so much that really helped! :h:
Anyone got any good evaluation for taste aversion, for evolutionary attitudes of eating behaviour, i have the study from Sandell and Bresell and thats it.
Reply 1498
If anyone has a good cultural influences on gender essay could you please send it me :-)

Thanks
Original post by Hihihi123
Can I pm you a bit of my cultural essay i'm a bit iffy with?

Yeah!

Latest

Trending

Trending