The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Philosophy and Ethics 2016

Hi everyone,
So i am posting on here really just for a bit of support as im feeling really worried about the exams coming up, got so much revision to do!
Was also wondering if any one on here has any predictions for questions? or good ways they revise P&E?
Any comments will be appreciated
Thank youuuu :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there guys m only doing A2 ethics but am making a whattsapp group please dm me if interested it will really help.
Original post by littlechicklet
Hi everyone,
So i am posting on here really just for a bit of support as im feeling really worried about the exams coming up, got so much revision to do!
Was also wondering if any one on here has any predictions for questions? or good ways they revise P&E?
Any comments will be appreciated
Thank youuuu :smile:

Hey, there are some sound predictions on philosophical investigations website (just good let philosophy or ethics predictions 2016)

For revising, what works for me atm is to memorise one tiny section (e.g. William james' PINT) then go onto the next bit of the topic and memorise that (e.g. his three conclusions). When I memorise one part I say out loud the previous one as well to make sure I remember it until I've finished one topic (in this instance religious experience) then I come back to it in like an hour or the next day, get a piece of paper and wrote down all the I had memorised...

Sorry for long winded answer :redface:

Oh and you should make essay plans on past questions too (then you may find a pattern in what they look for in an answer)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone leaving out a topic (not revising/learning any, or one?)
Reply 4
Original post by De Re Publica

I know it's risky but I'm leaving out business ethics, sexual ethics and environmental ethics... :s
Also leaving out revelation through scripture, myth and whether or not a good God should reward or punish, but these are just small snippets compared to the chunks of ethics I'm ignoring.
(edited 7 years ago)

I'm leaving out meta ethics (I dint understand it) and for philosophy my college didn't teach religious language, so I guess I'm leaving that out too

What are you planning on leaving out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough, for me it's Meta Ethics and the attributes of God - which is annoying as that's meant to turn up I believe?
Fair enough, for me it's Meta Ethics and the attributes of God - which is annoying as that's meant to turn up I believe?

I think meta ethics is coming up (according to practically everyone) and perhaps benevolence of god

I just can't be bothered revising meta ethics, my puny brain doesn't catch it's drift. Plus the applied ethics is so huge, definitely something on busuness/ environment and sexual ethics will come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, am making a whattsapp group, so DM me if interested
Reply 9
My teacher feels very confident about vision and voices .Visions has came up once and also voices never so its very likely that it may be in our exam.

Does anyone have any notes on voices?
My guesses are voices, omnibenevolence, verification principle and miracles
Reply 11
My guesses are voices, omnibenevolence, verification principle and miracles

I'd take those last three.

As long as i'm not forced to do any religious experience questions, i'll be thankful.
Original post by NOP97
I'd take those last three.

As long as i'm not forced to do any religious experience questions, i'll be thankful.

How would you go about structuring a verification response??
Reply 13
How would you go about structuring a verification response??

It'll probably say 'To what extent is it meaningless to speak about God?'

Use strong verification, weak verification, falsification, and Wittgenstein.
Reply 14
has anyone got notes on voices I need help with that ?
Original post by HTA18
has anyone got notes on voices I need help with that ?

Got any examples yet??
Reply 16
I have got quite a lot of notes on voices but I can't attach them here so if you tell me your facebook or something I will happily send them to you :smile:
Original post by pakalu
I have got quite a lot of notes on voices but I can't attach them here so if you tell me your facebook or something I will happily send them to you :smile:

What ideas?? I've got Augustine, Muhammad (pbuh) and St Paul
How did people find that??
Reply 19
How did people find that??

wasnt too hard tbh how did you find it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending