The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4680
Original post by Louis.
We get it, boxing is ****.

Thoughts on Cook getting to 10,000 runs, and whether he can beat Tendulkar?

Got rid of the guy that was closest to challenging him.

Shady guy.
Original post by Rk2k14
Got rid of the guy that was closest to challenging him.

Shady guy.

Ruthless. Fully expecting serious trust issues to develop with Joe Root and Cook's records will be safe forever.
Original post by Louis.

Calls boxing ****.
Starts conversation about cricket.

images.jpg
Reply 4683
*Cue FK
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Calls boxing ****.

images.jpg

Strong predictability.

Nonce.
Reply 4685
Ramsay's going to be in Soccer Aid 2k16

Mad scenes.
Original post by Louis.

Doubt it. He's too hot and cold for that, not really capable of playing himself through his **** patches. Probably will get 12,000 though.

Only guy who has the ability to surpass Sachin is ViRAT, but he's not a test match run machine. Root will probably get closer than anyone else this generation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Doubt it. He's too hot and cold for that, not really capable of playing himself through his **** patches. Probably will get 12,000 though.

Only guy who has the ability to surpass Sachin is ViRAT, but he's not a test match run machine. Root will probably get closer than anyone else this generation.

There's a great stat going around that if Cook carries on at his current pace he'd beat Tendulkar's record in his 201st Test, meaning he'd beat both records at once :coma:

If England keep scheduling 14/15 tests a year then Cook should be scoring the best part of 1000 runs a year, so if he's still playing when he's 38 he could well get there. But I'd be surprised if current scheduling continues - I'd be amazed if in 5 years time we're still stopping our players going to the IPL by scheduling early summer tests, for example.

I expect him to go ahead of Sanga (12,400), I think if he stands down as captain within a year or two he'll go ahead of Ponting in 2nd (13,378), but getting to 15,921 is pushing it.
Original post by Louis.

Calls boxing ****.

images.jpg

No need for insults, both sports are top three in history
Who wears glasses on here?
Original post by Louis.
There's a great stat going around that if Cook carries on at his current pace he'd beat Tendulkar's record in his 201st Test, meaning he'd beat both records at once :coma:

If England keep scheduling 14/15 tests a year then Cook should be scoring the best part of 1000 runs a year, so if he's still playing when he's 38 he could well get there. But I'd be surprised if current scheduling continues - I'd be amazed if in 5 years time we're still stopping our players going to the IPL by scheduling early summer tests, for example.

I expect him to go ahead of Sanga (12,400), I think if he stands down as captain within a year or two he'll go ahead of Ponting in 2nd (13,378), but getting to 15,921 is pushing it.

Agreed, he has had some ridiculously good years,2011 come to mind where he was averaging 100+ in Australia and in England and he must have scored a lot of runs. But tbf to him for an opener, his record is fantastic but I would expect him to slow down and get close to 14000 runs imo.
Original post by Louis.
Strong predictability.

Nonce.

Rekt
Reply 4692
Mou's daughter>
Reply 4693
Calls boxing ****.

images.jpg

Yeah Cricket is basically a shitter version of baseball.
Reply 4694
Luke plays rounders.
Original post by Rk2k14
Luke plays rounders.

Left hander >>>>>
Jam is bitter he couldn't ever hit the ball

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louis.

I think he'll sandwich himself between Sanga and Ricky. An amazing feat in itself as an opening batsman in English conditions, he needs a few mad ones to get closer (whenever we beat the Aussies 3-1, think it was 11-12 or something?). Sadly won't be remembered in the same breath as the greats even if he did because of his style.

Do you rate Kohli above Sachin in terms of ability? He won't be an absolute run machine like him in the longer format, but his strokeplay is :coma: past World Cup I was transfixed by him in the Ind vs Pak match even though he was taking us apart :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@difeo thoughts on the Tayvin split?

Absolutely gutted tbh. They seemed like an OTP to me.

Apparently their lives just didn't match.

I just hope she finds someone that loves her as much as she deserves. :frown:
Don't know how Calvin pulled her tbh ffs

Latest