The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good for you for leaving that oppressive religion. Ignore the butthurt Muslims accusing you of trolling because they can't take the fact that there are people who leave Islam :rofl:
Original post by HAnwar
Lol if you think I care about reps that much then ok, but I'm afraid you're wrong.

Take care.

I take it you didn't read what was in the spoiler? :erm:

And you. :h:
Original post by Cobalt_
You're joking right?
Either you're joking or all us ex muslims need to:
1. Change our birth names.
2. Never use our government names for handles online.
Otherwise we're trolling?

Dammit, calling all ex muslims. The muslims are onto us.

Damn, I thought we were ahead of them. Seems like most of us are still technically Muslims then. Off to change my name. :rolleyes:
Reply 43
Original post by Cobalt_
You're joking right?
Either you're joking or all us ex muslims need to:
1. Change our birth names.
2. Never use our government names for handles online.
Otherwise we're trolling?

Dammit, calling all ex muslims. The muslims are onto us.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Reply 44
LOL, the paranoia on this thread is realer than allah
It probably is a troll tho :lol:
I'm not joking but some of you need to grow up, lol.
Original post by HAnwar
It's pretty sad that after leaving the religion your intelligence has dropped too. No scratch that, I meant common sense.

If you can't see the trolling behind ex Muslim ama thread+join date today+Muhammad, then you are a lost cause I'm afraid.

Lol if you think I care about reps that much then ok, but I'm afraid you're wrong.

Take care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its pretty sad that being religious has made your intelligence drop too. No scratch that, I meant your ability to think with an open mind and not be arrogant.

This reply kinda proves my point.
"It's pretty sad that after leaving the religion your intelligence has dropped too"

Much rather believe someone is trolling than them leave your precious religion.
Also just to add: Its "common sense" to understand that its not uncommon for people to use their government name as a handle online.

Fun little fact, my first thread post on here was an "Ex muslim AMA". Guess I was trolling too? Or did I have to set my handle as my name to be a complete troll?

People leave Islam, get over it.
Despite what you hear in ISOC.
(edited 7 years ago)
you stupid losers have never heard of a throwaway account

especially seeing how nazi some of you guys get it's not hard to see why ex-muslims would wanna make a throwaway account lol
Original post by Legendary Quest
Damn, I thought we were ahead of them. Seems like most of us are still technically Muslims then. Off to change my name. :rolleyes:

Right behind you, changing my name to cobalt.
No regrets. :cool:
Original post by muhammad97
AMA

It's your first post, don't push it :colonhash:
Original post by Hydeman
Less than that, actually.
And it's still permissible in Islam (with a lot of caveats about kind treatment and supernatural rewards promised for manumission, I know), so I don't see what your point is. :tongue:

an aspect of my point is what you backed up.
slavery isn't a 'thing' today which is still carried out although islam doesn't prohibit it
Original post by Thanbir.33
an aspect of my point is what you backed up.
slavery isn't a 'thing' today which is still carried out although islam doesn't prohibit it

What does slavery in England and the United States have to do with slavery in Islam? Contrary to popular opinion, these things aren't relative; the offences of one country do not justify/mitigate the offences of another. Grown-up ethics are a cut above tit-for-tat.
Original post by loveleest
:rofl:
What that idiot said was really ridiculous, wasn't it?:toofunny:

All us ex muslims are really all trolls.
We're a massive conspiracy theory :cookie:
Original post by Hydeman
What does slavery in England and the United States have to do with slavery in Islam? Contrary to popular opinion, these things aren't relative; the offences of one country do not justify/mitigate the offences of another. Grown-up ethics are a cut above tit-for-tat.

when i first replied to whoever it was' statement i hadn't elaborated on the topic as i should have but my point is even though slavery is accepted in islam it comes with a lot of t's and c's and in todays society muslims do not use slaves
when i first replied to whoever it was' statement i hadn't elaborated on the topic as i should have but my point is even though slavery is accepted in islam it comes with a lot of t's and c's and in todays society muslims do not use slaves

The main point being that it is still permissible, whatever the caveats. That alone is a reason for any egalitarian-minded Muslim to leave Islam, so the OP cannot be faulted for citing this as a reason.

As for the latter claim - you judge for yourself whether the treatment of migrant workers lured to Gulf countries with promises of (what are to them) lucrative wages, which frequently involves the employer seizing the worker's passport on arrival, is anything less than slavery. So while it may be officially outlawed in most Muslim countries, it's simply untrue to say that no Muslims today use slaves.
If not a troll (probably is seeing as he hasn't replied for a while and probably wanted to start another debate), it's obviously another user with a dupe account lol
in todays society muslims do not use slaves

Tell that to the 4-17% of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania's population who are slaves currently.

God would've known (as he is 'all-knowing' after all) that whatever rules he gives or whatever he allows, we feeble humans will take it one step further. In the case of slavery, put aside these so called 'terms and conditions' - ultimately, slavery is permitted within Islam.

As such, you have cases (as Hydeman stated) whereby people are living in 'Islamic' countries with very few rights to their name. It's slavery without the label.

Problem is, under Islamic law, they aren't really in the wrong. Heck, Uganda has banned its people from working as housemaids in Saudi Arabia due to inhumane treatment. Slavery is very much alive. We just tell ourselves that it doesn't exist. It's a lie we've forced ourselves to believe.
(edited 7 years ago)
you're just a lost soul... hope Allah can guide you to the right path.

Latest